SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

I see this happen often.  Very often.

However, it's usually the left lane that drops - and invariably the jack*** guy in the left lane has passed everyone he can and is now on the shoulder forcing his way in front of me.

Having to slam on the binders in my li'l Miata so the 1/3 my age punk gentleman  in the jacked-up Dodge Ram with expensive McGaughy undercarriage, wheels that would look more at home on a tractor, and stereo with bass booming so loud it almost drowns out his Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust, is something I personally find a mite annoying.  -_-

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slightly different que-up .....

Our local Aldi (supermarket) store has weekly specials (on non stock items) on Saturdays, and on one particular Saturday morning they were offering something special that I couldn't possibly continue living without.

So, early, for me, this 'ticular Sat. morning I park in their carpark and proceed, on foot, to the store entrance and join the que of eager shoppers who obviously could not go on living without this 'ticular item neither. the time was 08:18 and the shop opens at 08:30. I joined the que about 8th in line. In the following 12 minutes no less than 7 other persons, who obviously could not continue life without this 'ticular item walked up the entrance ramp, PAST the que of eagerly waiting shoppers, to the front doors and bounced off these self same non-opening automatic doors which didn't open because it wasn't opening time yet.

Having failed in their initial attempt to gain entry, they took one step back and proceeded to wait, IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE QUE OF WAITING SHOPPERS, these gentle folk did not even consider moving to the back of the que, they just stood there at the front of the line and waited, until the next arrogant jerk walked up to the non-yielding doors and stood back one step, in front of them, now making them second in a line that they just pushed to the front of.

.... sorry for the rant, .... but it still starches my underwear to think about it.

.... apparently, when it comes to things "we can't possibly live without"  all bets are off  :excl:

At the Aldi's where you live, do you have to rent the shopping cart?

The one in Atlanta, where I would shop on occasion when visiting my daughter, cost a quarter. If you put it back in the car corral you can lock it to the one next to it and get your quarter back. Or you can leave it out in the parking lot and lose the quarter.

We had a store here that tried that. Nobody would use a shopping cart. They would go in and get one of those little baskets, and when the basket was full they would check out. So instead of buying a hundred or so dollars worth of merchandise, people would buy 10 or 15. And after about 2 weeks that "have to pay a quarter to get the buggy" disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

At the Aldi's where you live, do you have to rent the shopping cart?

The one in Atlanta, where I would shop on occasion when visiting my daughter, cost a quarter. If you put it back in the car corral you can lock it to the one next to it and get your quarter back. Or you can leave it out in the parking lot and lose the quarter.

We had a store here that tried that. Nobody would use a shopping cart. They would go in and get one of those little baskets, and when the basket was full they would check out. So instead of buying a hundred or so dollars worth of merchandise, people would buy 10 or 15. And after about 2 weeks that "have to pay a quarter to get the buggy" disappeared.

yes, ...... except it takes a $2 coin ........ incentive to take the cart back instead of leaving it beside your parking space, out in the carpark ....... :excl:

Archived