SASS Wire Forum

Percentages

Trigger Mike

I was looking at the virus numbers.  While looking at them I figured out that the percentage of the world's population that got the virus is .02 percent.   In my state of GA .1 percent total have gotten sick.  80% of. 1% never went to the hospital.   96.4% of .1% survived the virus.  

That was something else that I picked up on.  Many of the briefings mentioned that the majority of people who get the virus are asymptomatic or will never show symptoms.   If the majority never show symptoms,  why are we shutting down everything and taking away constitutional rights for the minority?  We are quarantining the healthy , robbing livelihoods,  arresting people for going to church, arresting people for protesting violations of their rights, and scaring the population as a whole for .02%

12 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

That was something else that I picked up on.  Many of the briefings mentioned that the majority of people who get the virus are asymptomatic or will never show symptoms.   If the majority never show symptoms,  why are we shutting down everything and taking away constitutional rights for the minority?  We are quarantining the healthy , robbing livelihoods,  arresting people for going to church, arresting people for protesting violations of their rights, and scaring the population as a whole for .02%

Exactly, but the majority of people only look at the number of deaths. Realize that normally we loose around 60 million people worldwide every year to death, yet we more than double that in births. 

At a hospital in Chicago, a non-randomized sample found that 30-50% of patients tested for COVID-19 have antibodies in their system, suggesting they already had the virus and have potential immunity. “A phlebotomist working at

Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus,” Chicago City Wire reported Thursday.

53 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Many of the briefings mentioned that the majority of people who get the virus are asymptomatic or will never show symptoms.

Think about this for just a minute.

If I don't show any symptoms, how do you know I'm sick?

They keep saying how many hundreds and thousands of people have the virus, but if they are not showing symptoms, how in the hell do the "great, all knowing, wiser than us" leaders(?) of our country know these hundreds and thousands of people have it?

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

Think about this for just a minute.

If I don't show any symptoms, how do you know I'm sick?

They keep saying how many hundreds and thousands of people have the virus, but if they are not showing symptoms, how in the hell do the "great, all knowing, wiser than us" leaders(?) of our country know these hundreds and thousands of people have it?

+1

Statistics

When I went to college for Electrical Engineering I was required to take a course on Statical Analysis. The tittle of the course text book was “How to Lie With Statistics”written by the Instructor. It is all in how you design your sample base.

You should know that almost all Scientific Research into medical cures is based on statistics. There is no one cure fits all for most medical problems. Doctors, doing the best that they can, use the most commonly accepted treatments. When that doesn’t work, Doctors will try the next most likely to succeed option. 

CJ

6 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Hell, we gotta die of something

Imis

No way out of it. ;)

9 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It is a great social experiment.

Yeah, but I didn’t sign a consent form.

:angry:

You’d think Bill Gates would come up with a more efficient virus.

Yeah he did it so we’d all get chipped.

It’s true.

I saw it on the Internet.

:wacko::rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Statistics

When I went to college for Electrical Engineering I was required to take a course on Statical Analysis. The tittle of the course text book was “How to Lie With Statistics”written by the Instructor. It is all in how you design your sample base.

You should know that almost all Scientific Research into medical cures is based on statistics. There is no one cure fits all for most medical problems. Doctors, doing the best that they can, use the most commonly accepted treatments. When that doesn’t work, Doctors will try the next most likely to succeed option. 

CJ

In college my statistics instructor told us " if you can't prove your point....you don't have enough statistics". I look at all the charts shown on tv and just remember how we were told to construct them and see everybody violating all the rules for chart construction so they can make everyone think the numbers show something different than they actually do.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It is a great social experiment.

It’s worked great so far, but it’s like opening Pandora’s box

5 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Exactly, but the majority of people only look at the number of deaths. Realize that normally we loose around 60 million people worldwide every year to death, yet we more than double that in births. 

We loose 60 million people a year? What the heck were they doing tied up in the first place? 

5 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

We loose 60 million people a year? What the heck were they doing tied up in the first place? 

???

Just now, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

It’s a grammar joke. The word you should’ve used is lose, not loose. Loose means to let something go, hence the tied up folks. 

Dog gone if I didn’t fat finger the O again lol

4 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Dog gone if I didn’t fat finger the O again lol

I know the feeling. I like to call that one out when folks use it partly because of my English lit degree, but mostly because of my background in archery. I have loosed quite a few arrows in my day. Some even hit the target. I guess you could say I both loose and lose a lot of arrows. 

Percentages work like this:

Lets say you earn $100 and I give you a 50% bonus.  You now have $150.

BUT, later I tell you that I made a mistake and take 50% back.  You now have only $75.

Percentages are used an many forms to either satisfy, pacify, or prove only what the

story teller is trying to justify.

REMEMBER:  Percentages prove very little because history repeats itself..... ;)

..........Widder

46 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Percentages work like this:

Lets say you earn $100 and I give you a 50% bonus.  You now have $150.

BUT, later I tell you that I made a mistake and take 50% back.  You now have only $75.

Percentages are used an many forms to either satisfy, pacify, or prove only what the

story teller is trying to justify.

REMEMBER:  Percentages prove very little because history repeats itself..... ;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I know the feeling. I like to call that one out when folks use it partly because of my English lit degree, but mostly because of my background in archery. I have loosed quite a few arrows in my day. Some even hit the target. I guess you could say I both loose and lose a lot of arrows. 

I’ve let a few arrows loose during our down time also. I’ve set up a recurve barebow. Been shooting it between my cowboy practices

I’ve seen grave markers in Jacksonville cemeteries in north Florida from the 1888 Yellow Fever epidemic. As far as epidemics go, this is not our first bout nor is it the worst as far as percentages, although the MSM seems to think so.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1989-06-25-8906260139-story.html

6 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Yeah, but I didn’t sign a consent form.

:angry:

Hear, Hear.   intend to break the mold, damn the torpedos and live to the age of 204.

Here’s another little interesting statistic for you. New York City, our hardest hit city of the virus, has a normal death rate of 450-500 people per day. Approximately 62% of those deaths are from heart disease and cancer. Wonder how many of those deaths are used to boost the pandemic statistics. We probably will never know. 

45 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Here’s another little interesting statistic for you. New York City, our hardest hit city of the virus, has a normal death rate of 450-500 people per day. Approximately 62% of those deaths are from heart disease and cancer. Wonder how many of those deaths are used to boost the pandemic statistics. We probably will never know. 

I can answer that easy, all of them.

17 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

No photo description available.

Exactly, and when in the past have we ever shut down the country economy for 0.04% of the population

12 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

the majority never show symptoms,  why are we shutting down everything

because the asymptomatic can be carriers.  Petey says I go out too much as it is (I'm low-risk but I still take common sense precautions) because he is at medium to high risk.

Archived