SASS Wire Forum

No bag scanning. Would you fly?

I saw reports last week that DHS, TSA might stop scanning bags at 150 USA airports that fly planned with less than 60 passengers.  Would you avoid those airports?

i would fly there unless I saw four or more dark skinned guys with beards in the boarding line.  And if my iPhone showed they all had Bluetooth enabled I might call 911.

Wow no bag checks 

What about the TSA full body pat downs?

Only 60 passengers and the crew to kill at one time by crashing the plane or blowing it up .

If they get lucky maybe they could fly the plane into another larger plane or a school full of kids or a sports complex.

Now days if you think only dark skinned people will kill you I think you may be wrong.

I am retired and don't fly . I feel sorry for those that do, I really hate lines and the lack of restrooms .

I wouldn’t fly on those planes. How quickly we’ve forgotten.

I wonder how many Federal bureaucrats fly on smaller planes or carriers and really hate the hassle of the security they get?

What powerful politicians fly on smaller airlines?

Me thinks there is something fishy here.

OR...perhaps this should be allowed, but all Federal politicians and upper management government bureaucrats must fly on smaller planes to prove to us that pay their salaries that it is indeed safe.

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I saw reports last week that DHS, TSA might stop scanning bags at 150 USA airports that fly planned with less than 60 passengers.  Would you avoid those airports?

i would fly there unless I saw four or more dark skinned guys with beards in the boarding line.  And if my iPhone showed they all had Bluetooth enabled I might call 911.

Bless your heart.:blink:

Last time I saw 4 'dark skinned guys with beards' together, they were Sikhs. All of them were wearing turbans, too.<_< 

Just so you know, you ain't got to worry about Sikhs.  They've been fighting with Muslims- and Hindus-  for centuries, too.  Required by their religion to be armed and are really BIG into community outreach, helping those in need and feeding the hungry.

And folks make fun of Southerners.:angry:

A 60 passenger plane does not strike far like a 200 passenger plane does it destroyed so they likely won't bomb it, just as they hit NY and DC since everyone knows those places, not everyone recognizes small town USA . Terrorists like to hit recognizable targets with maximum carnage to be more effective 

The thing that surprises me (well not really) is that they make a public announcement like this. ???:blink:

Howdy,,

According to the morning news this was a suggestion of a way to cut costs.

It is NOT going into practice anywhere as of yet.

Its MY GUESS that the gummint  just wanted to hear reaction to this idea.

That's the Tuesday morning news.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Bless your heart.:blink:

Last time I saw 4 'dark skinned guys with beards' together, they were Sikhs. All of them were wearing turbans, too.<_< 

Just so you know, you ain't got to worry about Sikhs.  They've been fighting with Muslims- and Hindus-  for centuries, too.  Required by their religion to be armed and are really BIG into community outreach, helping those in need and feeding the hungry.

And folks make fun of Southerners.:angry:

Sikh and ye shall find!  Maybe, instead of TSA they should just hand each passenger (that wants one) a .45, and let the games begin! :o  Actually, I'd be more afraid that some "generic-looking" citizen with a death wish would get on board. There's been a bunch of crazies doing a lot of shooting lately! :wacko:

I thought TSA was just pulling out of those airports and it was going back to contract security.  I'd be fine with that. 

I don't get the bluetooth reference though.  I thought I was the only one left in the country who didn't always have my phone's bluetooth enabled. 

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Hell yes.  Mathematical odds are well in your favor.

You betcha. I drive to work every day. My odds of being killed by a soccer mom with a smartphone are a helluva lot greater than of being killed by a zealot on an airplane. At least I've got a fighting chance against the zealot.

21 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I thought I was the only one left in the country who didn't always have my phone's bluetooth enabled. 

I don't even know how to "enable my phone's bluetooth".

Don't even know its purpose.

36 minutes ago, Sparky Nelson said:

You betcha. I drive to work every day. My odds of being killed by a soccer mom with a smartphone are a helluva lot greater than of being killed by a zealot on an airplane. At least I've got a fighting chance against the zealot.

Reminds me of the guy who was hit head on by woman who was talking on her phone.  The officer who showed up was taking their statements and the woman blurted out that it was her fault.  The guy said "That's not entirely true.  I saw you coming for three blocks and passed up many opportunities to pull into a driveway or turn a corner".

6 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I had a senior flight attendant as a patient. She said the real worry is in cargo.

Well....for now anyway. 

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I don't even know how to "enable my phone's bluetooth".

Don't even know its purpose.

In that case yours is on.  You have to know something to turn the battery vampire off.  But if Marshall can see their bluetooth connections on his phone, I think that means they are in the bluetooth settings  and are trying to connect to something else.  Normally their phones should not be discoverable. 

The TSA is nothing more than a government money milk cow.

July 2017,  TSA fails 95% of security tests then test was stopped early

Cost of TSA operations 2015 was $7.6 billion does not include confiscated items or items lost in luggage inspections.

29 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ahhh, they go through that airport’s security the same as if they arrived on a bus.

That will require them to arrive at a special terminal.  Back when I used to travel a lot for work flying into and out of small airports happened a lot. It was about 50/50 if you used a gate at the main terminal or a satellite terminal.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That will require them to arrive at a special terminal.  Back when I used to travel a lot for work flying into and out of small airports happened a lot. It was about 50/50 if you used a gate at the main terminal or a satellite terminal.

Just arrive at a special gate, or even take a bus from plane to terminal. It is done many different ways internationally.

11 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

She said the real worry is in cargo.

This is my thought, and I'm wondering why is thought to be so expensive to scan bags when everybody already has the equipment.

5 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Do they have iPhones with Arabic names?

Likely most do.  I know at least a half dozen Antiochian or Jerusalemite Orthodox priests.   They tend to have Arabic names and carry cell phones. 

Archived