SASS Wire Forum

see we have User Terms and Guidelines

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

I'm all for these as if I didn't click agree I was "banned for life + 10 years" (this is humor folks, humor, something to laugh at--not to be taken seriouly

can sell on Classified but can't post for financial gain ????

no membership organization mentions allowed (so NRA and my membership in the Army is now verboten to speak of?)

promotion of religion is a goner (God help us--Oops, sorry)

The Wire will be a kinder, gentler place (cue the unicorns and chipmunks (just not the religious monks)) 

I read through them. I had not read the old ones in awhile, and did not see anything different that I could recall. Anybody know what the difference is?

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

I read through them. I had not read the old ones in awhile, and did not see anything different that I could recall. Anybody know what the difference is?

Nope

15 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

promotion of religion is a goner (God help us--Oops, sorry)

:lol::lol::lol:

I understand that making sure that everyone knows the rules helps to eliminate uncertainty and disputes....

But sometimes I wonder if we need all the rules.

Kinda makes me want to get the sailboat in the water and get away from folks....and rules.

LL

14 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

So I guess my "Bless your heart" comments are now banned since blessing inferrs that there is a higher being capable of doing so.   My life is getting so complicated.

Now Bob, everyone from the South knows that "Bless your heart" doesn't mean what it sounds like...  :D

These new rules are really no different than the rules we had before. They are just laid out much better and some of the language that was obscure in the past is a bit cleaner / clearer now. I have a copy of the old rules that I used when I was a Mod for 6 months, but I am not posting them here now because they are the old rules and quite frankly, I don't wish to start a nit-picking session.

The one set of rules that is new and I applaud, is the new rules and guidelines for Mods and their roles.

Now, for those of you reading this that think these new rules are much stricter or quite different from the old rules I say to you "Then you really didn't know what the old rules said OR you were remembering rules from a couple of Wires ago." These rules are pretty much the same as they were, they are just worded a little differently, in some cases. There is one rule about the Classifieds that should be clarified though, regarding FFL holders.

And No, I will not post the old rules, so please don't ask and don't PM me about them. If you don't have them now you probably never needed them to begin with as you were a good Cowboy or Cowgirl and followed the rules because you follow "The Cowboy Way". :D

I don't have an FFL, but would think that puts a bummer in the mix if a Pard that does and wants to sell off a no longer used SASS gun, that he/she can't offer it up to the mass's here without becoming a Merchant first. JMHO

5 hours ago, C0ckr0ach, SASS #26100 said:

Would society (and SASS) be better off with just one Rule?   

Write what you want and read what you want.

And remember, if at any time you prefer not to read a members comments,  you can simply block them. 

Their responses will simply not show; however,  all others will. 

For a tutorial on how to ignore a member, see my tutorial titled: "Are you unable to activate 'Ignored users.'"  in the F.A.Q. Forum.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You are gonna gain so much weight on this thread...:P

I found ya a cure Pat....:rolleyes:  :lol:

Image may contain: people sitting

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

It's the extra butter I add..........:lol:

OLG

See what happens to OLG With Extra Butter   :D  Sorry, the Devil made me do it  :P

image.png

Hi Folks,

The FFL thing is nothing new.

I just sent Misty a message about the mistake and told her the wording needed to be changed to the following. “No firearm sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL (Why? Because determining the difference between a personal sale and a business sale is impossible).”

Regards,

Allie

6 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I just saw BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Click here to accept

I am with Slim on that. To me I would do pretty much anything to be a part of the SASS Wire. I get such a "High" from being at the matches, running my club, promoting sass that when I am not among my "Cowboy Family", this is the closest thing to it. 

I was raised to show respect to others, be polite, and treat others how I want to be treated. The "Rules or Guidelines" I usually don't give a second thought to. Obviously we need them but if everyone truly follows the 'Cowboy Way', we don't really need them. 

Goodnight! Happy Easter! 

Simple.  Don’t post anything, can’t get in trouble. My father always said he’d get in trouble with my mother for saying something and he’d also get in trouble for not saying anything.  He’d rather just not say anything.

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Folks,

The FFL thing is nothing new.

I just sent Misty a message about the mistake and told her the wording needed to be changed to the following. “No firearm sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL (Why? Because determining the difference between a personal sale and a business sale is impossible).”

Regards,

Allie

I don't hold an FFL, but ship thru an FFL on any gun sales. Can I sell a gun thru the SASS classified. )I have sold a few in the past). Tell me yes or no!

23 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

image.png

Isn't this the Michelin baby ?  :D

Archived