SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Purdy Good!

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

5a79be0c6ed10_PurdyGood-WantedPoster.jpg-RESIZED.jpg.4bffc2b4bf75cd562a3cbd67fefc40c9.jpg

5a79bee07e0a7_WantedPoster-ThisOutlawStatement.JPG.01dea2141fde051e010694bdde749053.JPG

5a79be259d9fd_WELCOMESTATEMENT-CowgirlsRule.thumb.JPG.76689fa1252deca24be59da2210b71b7.JPG

• 1 month later...

Thank you all. I've been shooting for probably just a few years now with my husband, Irish Kid, but I've never joined the wire.. even though I'm constantly hearing about it! Glad I finally made my way in!

I shoot with ITSASS in Oklahoma, the Indian Territory SASS club near Tulsa. I'm currently the secretary/town clerk for the club, so I send out our emails and scores for our shoots. :)

I enjoy long distance shooting, I think I keep hearing more along the lines of the way "the game" used to be played with targets farther away from the shooter. Boy, do I love shooting Big Bore! But I don't yet have one of my own. I borrow one from someone every now and again for a side match. None of that black powder stuff, though! haha.

My rig consists of my two Ruger Montaros "Sheriff's Models", a '73 lever action rifle, and my double barrel. I'm still learning about my guns and others in general, and I don't do the reloading, so I don't know a lot about that either!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

23 minutes ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

Purdy is a great gal, I always enjoy shooting with her and Irish Kid.

Now we need to get y'all shooting with black powder:D

Didn't you see my post where I said "None of that black powder stuff"?! :lol: lol

Welcome, hoss-ette!  

We're proud to have ya!  And you never know - you may come around to the Dark Side eventually. . . 

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

5abaa13bae5e5_WildBenVanDorn-PosseMember.JPG.4d2579f662889b3d28431ef7003d6d4b.JPG

Welcome to the Dance .

I always say .

1. Shoot Safe 

2. Only Compete with yourself

3. Have fun .

Rooster 

A Hearty and Hardy Welcome to the wire from Texas, Purdy!

Ask all the questions you want, and try before you buy.

Now it's time to have some fun!

On 3/27/2018 at 1:55 PM, Purdy Good said:

My rig consists of my two Ruger Montaros "Sheriff's Models", a '73 lever action rifle, and my double barrel. I'm still learning about my guns and others in general, and I don't do the reloading, so I don't know a lot about that either!

Welcome!   Ginny Hinny and I shot with you and Irish Kid on St Pats Day.    I didn’t even notice it, but are you shooting Montados?   With 3.75” barrels?  In 45 Colt?   Ginny is very interested in those for cowboy mounted shooting, so if that’s what you have, I think she’ll ask to see your pistols next time we see you folks. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 7:03 AM, Sgt. Saywut said:

Welcome!   Ginny Hinny and I shot with you and Irish Kid on St Pats Day.    I didn’t even notice it, but are you shooting Montados?   With 3.75” barrels?  In 45 Colt?   Ginny is very interested in those for cowboy mounted shooting, so if that’s what you have, I think she’ll ask to see your pistols next time we see you folks. 

Hey SGT! I remember you and Ginny very well! Sorry I'm just seeing this. I'm trying to get on the wire more. :/

YES! They are Montados. 3.75" but in .38 special. She's welcome to check them out any time and even throw some lead down range with them if she likes! 

We hope to see y'all back soon! :) Good shooting with you!

Archived