SASS Wire Forum

What gun is on your wish list in case gun-grabber wins election?

McCandless

I'm a cured gunaholic and I don't want any more guns

I've got that S&W Model 19 "Combat Magnum" coming in soon and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! :(

But I'm cured now... -_-

Sorry. You can only be "recovering". There is no cure. ;)

And the Model 19 was the best gun I ever owned. Wish I had it today.

Sorry. You can only be "recovering". There is no cure. ;)

Not true at all. The cure is just one more. Just one more :D

WWII era guns are at the top of my wishlist. I also wouldn't mind an AR-10 platform.

Hey Widder....er ya wantin' ta eat some crow? ;):P

It may sound sacrilegious but I've got most every type gun I have a hankering or a need for. Only thing I don't have that I might like to have is a Ruger GP100 Match Champion.

Kajun

Kajun,

I have a Match Champion if you ever want to try it out. I also have a Wiley Clapp 3" GP 100.

I've been browsing around the toy stores. Now that I'm retired I have the time to do that. Even dropping into stores I've never been to before. So far nothing has called out to me "take me hooooome". I'll know it when I see it. What do y'all have on your list of stuff you really might cart home?

A match grade "AR"-type, 5.56mm x 45mm rifle

I'm a cured gunaholic and I don't want any more guns.....however.....I would sure like a vintage S&W Model 29....in deep lustrous blue....6.5-inch barrel....one just like Dirty Harry's. Do you know the one? :wub: **********

While not the 6 1/2 model..... this is my 29-2 I bought new in '79. But to make up for the difference in the barrel, how about Dirty Harry's badge! :)

IMG_4638_zpsf8hl5lew.jpg

While not the 6 1/2 model..... this is my 29-2 I bought new in '79. But to make up for the difference in the barrel, how about Dirty Harry's badge! :)

IMG_4638_zpsf8hl5lew.jpg

Oh my....(drool, drool) That is so-o-o-o fine.

I have almost every firearm I want that would likely be banned except for a 10mm carbine that takes Glock magazines. What I really want, and don't have the money for right now, is a 6" bright stainless Python and a blued 6" Anaconda in .45 Colt.

I'm not worried about the gun grabbers. I am more worried about the hoarders and panicking that caused the last component shortages. So to answer the question, instead of guns on my wish list, I have brass, lead, primers and powder on my list. 2 of the four shouldn't be too much of a problem, as I shoot only black powder and use only Springfield Slim's big lube bullets. I should have enough brass to out last any shortage, so I guess I should order up a few cases of primers.

IMG_4638_zpsf8hl5lew.jpg

Johnny Dollar, that is very nice.

Check out this link regarding Dirty Harry's Model 29. They used 6 1/2" and 8 3/8" in the movie.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dirty_Harry

I would like to add one of these to my list...

I have all of the firearms that I need, but alas, they are all VIRTUAL.

I guess I could add a nice O/U or SXS to my virtual gun safe.

Something with nice wood and in a 28 or 20 gauge.

That is a reply worthy of a politician,

To paraphrase, I have all I need...but...I will take more.

You got my vote

Johnny Dollar, that is very nice.

Check out this link regarding Dirty Harry's Model 29. They used 6 1/2" and 8 3/8" in the movie.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dirty_Harry

I would like to add one of these to my list...

Thanks for the link Pat! That was an interesting read. I own all the Dirty Harry movies and at times have a marathon! Ha! :)

Oh and I should have added that it was actually my wife that bought and surprised me with it for no apparent reason. With the wooden presentation box. :)

Bushmaster 25 mm, turret installed on my pick up..

Just in case things go sour post Nov, and I got to get off the grid. :ph34r:

I guess that the first question is, "What will he/she/they try to grab first?" (How's that for not expressing a political view, or not identifying a particular candidate? (Wink, wink...)

Our lovely MA AG has already re-interpreted MA statutes to ban the sale of any rifles that are, or are similar to, the AR-15 or the AK-47. In a flick of her pen, she declared them illegal, claiming it was the intent of the MA Legislature to ban them when it basically adopted the same language as the Clinton (not her...him) gun ban. She has agreed, for the moment, not to apply her interpretation to rifles sold before July of this year, at least for now. So those of us who own such rifles have the only available stock in the state. Hmmm....that might prove profitable.... :o

But the Federal Assault Weapons Ban is dead and gone, so a new Administration probably could not ban them as easily...unless an Executive Order is used...????

How about banning the sale/resale of all semi-auto pistols? They account for the largest percentage of gun crimes - so a ban would have arguably the biggest effect (if any ban of legal gun sales will have any measurable effect on gun crime, since criminals usually don't go through the hassle of legal transfers). But my sense is that there would be no measurable change in the gun crime numbers, unless the government tried to confiscate all of the semi-auto pistols in circulation among criminals - a doubtful proposition. Like I said, those folks don't usually comply with laws, so I wouldn't expect to see the drug dealers and the gang members and the armed robbers line up at the police station to turn in their Sigs for coupons to Wal Mart.

Bottom line - I don't think it's likely that any broad "gun grab" will occur. I would not be surprised to see a ban on 30 round mags, or .50 caliber rifles, or other marginal portions of the shooting sports inventory, to satisfy the extreme elements and give the new Chief something to point to as an "accomplishment". But the political will to seize or ban large portions of the legal guns in this country does not exist at present, and even another school shooting or similar event is probably not enough to unify and solidify anti-gun sentiments to the point that such a grab could occur.

Our enemies are more likely to be incremental limitations on the right to carry, "common sense" restrictions on 2nd Amendment exercise, and a long term propaganda campaign aimed at convincing more voters that no one needs a gun.

In the meantime, I'd like a Sharps, a Thompson and a WWII era 1911. Please, Santa?

LL

I'm not worried about beating "Presidential gun banning", because if it happens she'll go after the nonexistent "assault weapons", and there are none of them that I want.

The logic of, "I must buy an AR15 before they are banned", escapes me.

Unless, of course, I wanted an AR in the first place - which I don't.

I would, however, like to get a nice 5" 38/44 Outdoorsman. That would go so nice with the earlier mentioned 357 and 45.

And a 6" K32 Masterpiece - but that is WAAAAY beyond my pricerange.

But I can dream.

The logic of, "I must buy an AR15 before they are banned", escapes me.

Unless, of course, I wanted an AR in the first place - which I don't.

That's why I bought mine. I had wanted one for a while but was planning on waiting until I had more money set aside. Then a shooting happened and there was a lot of talk of a ban, so I moved up my deadline :D

I would like to get another 9mm with higher capacity (probably a Glock) and do a little 3 gun competition. Although I assume that just like CAS shoots, I'll be towards the back of the pack when the score card comes out :D :D

Yep; that would be pretty inconspicuous on your way out of town..... :P:P

LL

I'm pretty sure they'll all have their heads down if my wife is driving, and I'm depressing the fire button. Or, vice versa on driver and gunner roles. ;)

Bushmaster 25 mm, turret installed on my pick up..

Just in case things go sour post Nov, and I got to get off the grid. :ph34r:

Yeah... I'm with you that one. Im still working up loads for my 20mm. :P

DSC_0636_zpsacbd4c92.jpg

Heck, just dump a 1# can of H110 into the casing and let er rip..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder, I tried that load..... didn't give the punch I was looking for. :) Anyway I was thinking of shooting Frontier Cartrige with it..... so I'm just filing the case with F Goex and watch the flame come out! :)

I'm not worried about the gun grabbers. I am more worried about the hoarders and panicking that caused the last component shortages. So to answer the question, instead of guns on my wish list, I have brass, lead, primers and powder on my list. 2 of the four shouldn't be too much of a problem, as I shoot only black powder and use only Springfield Slim's big lube bullets. I should have enough brass to out last any shortage, so I guess I should order up a few cases of primers.

I've got enough scrap lead for casting bullets and round balls for muzzleloaders to last me the rest of my flippin' life. For fishin' sinkers too, if I need anymore.

Every time I watch "Joe Kidd" I get the hots for a broom-handle Mauser.There's a couple of nice ones for sale near here that I've been eyeballin' recently. I think I will pull the trigger and get one before they get any priceier. That'll be one more crossed off the gun 'bucket list'.

If we are talking end of world stuff, I would want a WWII vintage M-16 and all the ammo I could transport.

armedforcesmuseum.com/world-war-ii-m16-halftrack

Archived