SASS Wire Forum

Compendium of Gun Product Restrictions By State

John Boy

I believe Colorado magazine law is 10 rnd max, not 15 - unless they changed it from the original law.

Edit: As pointed out by several others 15 is correct.

The Republic of Texas

FIREARMS

No restrictions

MAGAZINES

No restrictions

AMMUNITION

No restrictions

ACCESSORIES

No restrictions.

HELPFUL LINKS:

National Rifle Association/Institute for Legislative Action Guide to State Gun Laws

One of the few Free States remaining?

Y'all come on down.

CORRECTION: If the website is correct, a very large majority of the States have no restrictions.

The news media makes it seem like the whole world is for gun control, but it appears most of the States are not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 10 States + Wash DC with at least one restriction:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Washington DC.

The Republic of Texas

FIREARMS

No restrictions

MAGAZINES

No restrictions

AMMUNITION

No restrictions

ACCESSORIES

No restrictions.

HELPFUL LINKS:

National Rifle Association/Institute for Legislative Action Guide to State Gun Laws

Y'all come on down.

Ohio is the same!!! ;)

I believe Colorado magazine law is 10 rnd max, not 15 - unless they changed it from the original law.

This is the problem with the internet today! A website link is posted without checking it's validity as if it is an authoritative source when actually it can easily contain typos which in this case the mention of 15 rd magazines is incorrect. If one were to open the "REAL" link to the Colorado state website which show a copy of the HOUSE BILL 13-1224, one could read that it says... 10 round capacity.

This is a simple matter of the webmaster who does AIM's website making an error when compiling the information. At least they got Arizona correct! :)

The Republic of Texas

FIREARMS

No restrictions

MAGAZINES

No restrictions

AMMUNITION

No restrictions

ACCESSORIES

No restrictions.

HELPFUL LINKS:

Y'all come on down.

Same thing here in Tennessee

Randy

CORRECTION:

Thought Texas was one of the few States with no restrictions.

However, If the website is correct, most of the States have no restrictions.

The news media makes it seem like the whole world is for gun control, but it appears most of the States are not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 10 States + Wash DC with at least one restriction:

(Corrected from 12 to (10 + Wash DC). Thanks Marshal Mo Hare)

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Hawaii

Illinois

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New York

Washington DC.

15 round limit. its never been less.

Yep 15. The link in the OP listed the "introduced" text which read 10 but what passed was 15. My bad.

New Mexico the Land of Enchantment (Entrapment)

State constitution states that no entity may creat a stricter policy or law on firearms than the state.

We have open carry most places

We have concealed carry even more places

Our CCW permit / license is must issue and only takes a couple months or less

Military less than 20 years from separation no training and no permit fees

I believe there is a $8,50 background fee

CORRECTION:

Thought Texas was one of the few States with no restrictions.

However, If the website is correct, most of the States have no restrictions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 12 States (incl. Wash DC) with at least one restriction:

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Hawaii

Illinois

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New York

Washington DC.

Ten?

Read somewhere that the anti gun rally for more gun control doesn't work. In Chicago one of the toughest cities on gun control has the high gun related crime, also it's odd that the anti gun group is going after military type firearms but that's not what is normally used in crime or shootout it normally handguns.

Well, as suspected, they've got the rules wrong for Massachusetts with regards to C&R firearms. In a nutshell, any C&R gun can be shipped to the home of a C&R holder.

They seem to think that there are various laws that prevent this when there are none.

I don't understand why places like this won't bother to do to the proper research or insist on posting incorrect information when they have been told what the correct information is.

Note to self, stay away from the pacific ocean, and all them Yankee states,

Thank God I Live in Florida!!!

Scratch

Note to self, stay away from the pacific ocean, and all them Yankee states,

Thank God I Live in Florida!!!

Scratch

I'm pretty sure VERMONT is one of them there "Yankee" states in New England. No Restrictions including concealed or open carry.

New Mexico the Land of Enchantment (Entrapment)

State constitution states that no entity may creat a stricter policy or law on firearms than the state.

We have open carry most places

We have concealed carry even more places

Our CCW permit / license is must issue and only takes a couple months or less

Military less than 20 years from separation no training and no permit fees

I believe there is a $8,50 background fee

Here in Aust even though I was still serving I had to do all courses and pay full costs.

I have to admit my biggest problem was unlearning defence drills and picking up very slow and convuleted club drills (I get the reason why though, I wouldnt want the guy beside me using defence drills with little practice time or training).

Wait until the election before you make plans to move the female candidate want to rule not govern and doesn't beleive in the document that made this country great. And she plans to continue the current regime plans for destroying this great country.

Archived