SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD: Whew, what a great setup

Widder, SASS #59054

Black Gold ain't just a match.....its an Event, a Family reunion of sorts.

There ain't enough ink in my putter to type out all the good stuff during this past weekend.

OFFICIALLY: nothing happened. I saw nothing....NOTHING!

UnOfficially, Congratulations to SIDEKICK for Overall.

Posse 7, with wagon master Titus, was exceptional.

Just to many friends and happenings to gather them all in.

Thanks to Billy The Avenger and Missouri Lefty for making the 'Soft Stroke' Henry video.

And the new Poster Boy for Gunfighters looks exactly like Vaquero Jake. WOW, did he ever burn em down shooting GF.

And hanging out with Korupt Karl was icing on the cake.

More thoughts later.

..........Widder

The Korrupt one just left the house. Stopped by on his way back home to tell us all about it. Said it is a must shoot event!

Well said Widder; Joe, Whiskey, Bo, Iron, Honey, Tennessee and all did a hell of a job. I felt very welcome and enjoyed the hospitality. Posse 7 was outstanding and I got to watch some of the top shooters in this sport....burn it down. Lots of laughs, got to meet some new folks and see some ole ones that I've missed.

I will go back and bring a bunch of folk with me.

Thanks and see ya soon.

PS Thanks to Tom for helping raise money for the fight against cancer and for not shooting me....lol

This was a great match and I got to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while like Ringo Fire and Korupt Karl. The level of competition was amazing, you need to start planning for this for next year.

Check out the scores

Randy

Us Yankees had a good ol time!!

Dem hillbillies sure nuff no how to thro on a great shoot .I'd say cowboy shoot of the year! I gots to say dough, day sure do tauk funnie. Ha Ha!!Thanx for a great time, youll see us next year fer sure.

Ciao!

We all passed a good time at dat choot! Great fun with great people at a great location. You can tell a lot of heart was put into that match. Many thanks to all who worked their hind ends off to put that match together. It was truly a family reunion.

Kajun

Great shoot. There was stuff going on all day and late into the night. And I do mean "stuff". I didn't count them all but there must have been 60+ campers on the range. Well writen stages that were fast and close. Good food and good friends. This is definitely on the list for next year.

Absolutely the best match ever! Thank you to Joe, Bo, Maiden, Whiskey, and ALL the others who make this so much fun. Already counting down the days till next year.

Hey Joe and Bo, and the Ponderosa Gang!,

Ya'll gotta work all year to get that much action in 3 days! And, we THANK YOU for it. What a BLAST! Great food, Great Scenar.........Heck! GREAT EVERYTHING!!! Could not have been better!

Thanks so Much for working so hard for us!

Knob Creek Drover

I meant to include in my post above that I was on Posse 7 with Titus, Korrup Karl, Widder & Slater, the Missouri Sweetie/Traveler/Lefty Gang, 3 Cut, Wed Wiver Way, Bobin Weev and Miss Weav, Billy the Avenger and Pistol Whipper, and Scarlet Darlin....now THAT is a group to ride the river with. And I heard tell that the Kaptain of all Huggers got shot in the a$$ by Lassiter and pooped out more than $600 for a cancer benefit. Now folks....THAT's the kind of shoot Black Gold was.....what a match!

Kajun

Great shoot. There was stuff going on all day and late into the night. And I do mean "stuff". I didn't count them all but there must have been 60+ campers on the range. Well writen stages that were fast and close. Good food and good friends. This is definitely on the list for next year.

I said you wouldn't be disappointed now didn't I Bob?

Hey Joe and Bo, and the Ponderosa Gang!,

Ya'll gotta work all year to get that much action in 3 days! And, we THANK YOU for it. What a BLAST! Great food, Great Scenar.........Heck! GREAT EVERYTHING!!! Could not have been better!

Thanks so Much for working so hard for us!

Knob Creek Drover

+1

If anyone wants to know what we did for three or four days in the hills of Kentucky tell

them we had FUN! If you want to know about all the different kinds of FUN, you'll just

have TO PLAN TO BE THERE.

Thanks to Joe and Bo, and family, Whiskey Creek and Iron Maiden, Little Joe, Ringer, Black

water and Milkbone, and all who had a hand in it!

Anybody got a copy of the World Championship Black Powder Outlaw scores??? Inquiring minds

need to know.

Harley.

As everyone is saying this is an AWESOME match! So glad we put it on our calendar this year. A huge thank you to Copperhead Joe, Bo, Whiskey Creek, Iron Maiden and everyone else who helped put on this great match! Loved the nightly entertainment and Hillbilly Olympics - what a blast.

I predict Black Gold will be the match of the year, it was an absolute blast from the minute we pulled in till we left. Copperhead and Miss Bo, Whiskey and Iron Maiden, Ringer and Little Joe and everyone else that helped behind the scenes y'all did an excellent job, I will be back next year.

Not much to be said that hasn't been said already but I still want to personally thank all those that worked so hard. Great match, great food, great people and lots of fun to boot.

we so appreciate all the kind words. We try to make everyone welcome. We want you to have the best fun possible. YOU paid to be there, so we try our best to make it all about you. I know that I have been to clubs before and felt like I wasnt really welcome. we dont want anyone to feel that way.

A great big thank you to you all. If it wasnt for all of you, there wouldnt be a Black Gold. I do have to tell ya though, on the way home from Joes, Whiskey was already coming up with what we are gonna do next year with the hillbilly olympics. Not sure what the theme for next year, but iI will come up with something different, guaranteed!

Top overall shooters- SIDEKICK and SUERENDER

man on man-Blackhawk Henry

team shoot-Cardboard Cowboy, Hurricane Charly, Iron Maiden

hillbilly olympics drawing for dillon 650-Mad Dawg

best tall tale-Tn. Mongo

hillbilly spelling b- Bella Spencer

Grill master-Mean Gun Mark

Snack wars-Lake City Kid

Homemade brew-Honey Be Graceful

dessert wars-Bdoc

winners of the silent auctions-Notch, Horse Doc and Honey

Out of 197 shooters we had 44 clean matches

There was a special presentation to Okaw for shooting one of the picture props.

Thank you to the Friday night bluegrass band and to Blackwater and Milkbone[southern rock band] for the live Saturday night entertainment.

Winner of the ladies dance contest- Carolina girl

Winner of mens dance contest-Billy the Avenger

I tell ya, there was really some stiff competition there.

Best dressed cowgirl-Dirty Nerdy

Best dressed cowboy-Blackhawk Henry

Best dressed female hillbilly- Dodge City Dixie

Best dressed male hillbilly -Tn. Tombstone

Best dressed hillbilly couple-Turkey Legs and Legs, Really!

There was a footrace between several of the cowboys to win a 160. dollar dress cowboy coat and Cactus Red outran them all.

Copperhead, Miss Bo, Whiskey Creek, and myself wouldn't have been able to pull this off without the help of these cowboys and cowgirls who showed up a week ahead of match. from our hearts, we want to thank you:

Tn. Tall

Rio Drifter

Titusagnatsass

Cash Profit

Bluegrass Bob

Blackwater

Tn. Tombstone

Just Little Joe

Miss Karen

Monica

Waimea

Thank you Ringer and Honey B for doing the scoring

Thank you Bella for helping to hand out awards

Thank you all for participating in the Black Gold Shootout!

Hope to see you all next year!

A big THANK YOU to you all who came to the Black Gold!

A big thanks to Dodge City Dixie for the beautiful embroidery that she did on the aprons and caps for the winners of the cooking contests!

I finaley made it home, Woo Hoo!!!

what a great time!! it was great to be surrounded by soo many great gunfighters!!

Thanks to Joe, and Iron Maiden for making this old Cracker feel right at home.

I already made hotel resverations fer next year.

Scratch

we so appreciate all the kind words. We try to make everyone welcome. We want you to have the best fun possible. YOU paid to be there, so we try our best to make it all about you. I know that I have been to clubs before and felt like I wasnt really welcome. we dont want anyone to feel that way.

A great big thank you to you all. If it wasnt for all of you, there wouldnt be a Black Gold. I do have to tell ya though, on the way home from Joes, Whiskey was already coming up with what we are gonna do next year with the hillbilly olympics. Not sure what the theme for next year, but iI will come up with something different, guaranteed!

The wheels keep turning in Whiskey Creek's evil mind all the time I reckon.

Seriously, he does a great job coming up with ideas for the Hillbilly Olympics. Great fun!

Can't wait to see what he'll have in store for us next year!

MAN OH MAN!!! We had a BLAST!!! Schoolmarm and I consider Ponderosa Pines to be our Cowboy Home!! I got to play all week! Some of it may have been productive and maybe even have looked like W*&K, but I had me some fun doin' it!!

I got to meet some new friends, reacquaint myself with some old friends, and entertain the whole bunch!! I still only get credit for bringing Schoolmarm. Seems I'm only worth while as a means to get her to the match!!! :rolleyes::lol:

The guys in the band wish to thank all of you for making them once again feel very welcome and at home. More of them seem to think that the party just gets better every year!! They talk about this show all year long!!!

So thank you all for coming to the party!! Thank you to the family of Joe and Miss Bo and Miss Rose and Daddy Boots!!!! Like Iron Maiden says, the list of those to thank is long and illustrious!!

SEE YA' NEXT YEAR!!!

This was Great Match and my first time attending.

Thanks to all that helped put on the match.

I won a Dillon 650, shot clean and had fun.

I will back again (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Maddog McCoy

I also want to thank Tn. Critr , Bitterroot Jake, and Fast Harley for running the long range for us.

A big special thanks to :Lassiter and Korupt Karl for putting on quite a show. They earned over 600. dollars for the cancer fund.

a special thanks to all the cowboys and cowgirls who made this shoot the best match ever, because without you, it wouldn't be nothing!

Archived