SASS Wire Forum

What does a SASS Reloaders Bench Look Like?

Marshal Flint

How can you guys get anything done on those almost surgically clean tables anyway?

Bugler

Actually it's quite easy, and you never get confused about what you are doing, what you we're doing, and what you might be doing later . . . .

SC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here is mine:

The entry way into loading room/workshop at the back of the garage. When my townhouse was built it had a two car deep garage that got wider once you got past the stairs going up on the right. Someone before me converted the farthest parking space into two rooms - work room on left and storeroom on right.

Entry.jpg

This is a look back at the door going out to the garage:

Small safe for a couple of guns (mostly Wild Bunch and what doesn't fit elsewhere in the house), then a Black Powder drop tube for .45-70, Lyman BP Powder for .45-70, Forster Co-Ax press for .38-55 and MEC 600 Junior for 12 gauge BP shotshells. The drop tubes and the Forster and MEC presses actually go upstairs and are C-clamped to the dining room table. Much nicer to load up there in the winter, but not always a choice for those of you that are married. For some reason wives seem to not appreciate loading cartridges on top of the dining room table ...

BackatEntry.JPG

The left and center part of the room showing the Dillon 550B for .45 ACP and .45 Colt and Dillon 650 for .38 Special. The green single RCBS press is used for .45-70. The upper cabinets on the left hold dies, reloading stuff, etc. and the upper ones on the right hold primers and powder. Bullets, cases, empty hulls, empty boxes are stored below. Notice the shelf above the corner where I put mugs from various shoots. Decals/stickers cover a lot of the wood cover over the electrical panel.

Left-Center.JPG

This is the right side of the room with a wood bench working area and storage below. The Danish wood cabinets hold various accessories, etc.

Center-Right.JPG

And a full shot of the right side of the room after you enter it. I do some cleaning and sorting and whatever on this woodworking table.

Right.JPG

Is that a walk in vault I only ask because I intend to do something along those lines.

A steel reinforced door in a steel jam. No "vault" but it would take some time to get into there. House alarm and separate gun room alarm......and nosy neighbors!

BTW...These Harbor Freight woodworkers benches for $139 when on sale are the greatest things since sliced bread! That end vise comes in real handy for holding a rifle or shotgun over a waste basket while cleaning the bore.

Right.JPG

BackatEntry.JPG

Nice setup all the way around DH! But my eye spied the possibles bag and horn hanging on the wall. I have a bag and horn very similar hanging in my reloading room. I love shooting my muzzleloaders especially my .36 caliber flintlock! I keep asking my club if they would mind me shooting a front stuffer instead of my lever action in a match. :) HAHA! I'm sure I'd be tarred and feathered.

Here is mine!

The Reloading Bench setup is really great for a cowboy with limited space.

Originally, I purchased a trailer and set it up as my reloader den. (Dear wife was not happy about using the guest room nor the garage for reloading - especially the storage of gunpowder!

Right now, the steel bench is screwed to the floor of the trailer. The wood top is bolted to the bench, there is a steel support bolted to the bench top, a 3/4 piece of plywood is on top of the support, secured in the center with a large bolt and wing nut and is kept in-place with a second smaller bolt, then each reloader device is bolted to the plywood. you simply lift out the small bolt (no nut on it), ease back on the wing nut and rotate the top to place the desired equipment to the front. Four reloaders in the space of one!!

It is a pretty slick setup since you simply rotate the turntable to use the loader you wish. And there is also plenty of room for the vibrator / cleaner and shelves in the table for storage.

Here is a picture:

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/lamoho2/Reloader/ReloadTableTitled_zpszq8895ja.jpg

ReloadTableTitled_zpszq8895ja.jpg

Dead Head

I am really impressed. And knowing you I am not surprised about how neat and clean your setup is. Puts mine to shame.

Metallic cartridge reloading area:

DSCN0423_zps5d2c7a31.jpg

Shotshell reloading area:

DSCN0418_zps043b4918.jpg

And before someone asks again, the bungies are to keep muddaubers and wasps from building nests in the dies.

And, no, 2 years later, neither bench is as neat or clean!

I was wondering about the spray-in expanding foam under your cabinet bases....and then I read the line about mud daubers....

LL

On the left I do all my CAS reloading. On the right my Spolar with hydraulic unit for the other sickness.

Just set up my second Dillon 550 (on left) I picked up at a good price from a vendor at the Great NorEaster in New Hampshire a few weeks back. I actually like it without the strong mount.

deeae9cb9d91b7a9aaf87ecc881d7e59.jpg

Ide take a pic of mine, but thas were the camera is,,,, somewhere...... :o:o:o:D:D:D

On the left I do all my CAS reloading. On the right my Spolar with hydraulic unit for the other sickness.

Just set up my second Dillon 550 (on left) I picked up at a good price from a vendor at the Great NorEaster in New Hampshire a few weeks back. I actually like it without the strong mount.

deeae9cb9d91b7a9aaf87ecc881d7e59.jpg

Nice Vintage Tool Box "Just" Mike!

I Hate All of You.... :P

Now I will have to spend the rest of the day cleaning up the MESS I call my Loading room

ShadowCatcher , Deadeye George ,Driftwood Johnson,Marshal Flint You guys really know how to set up a loading bench. Very nice!

Red's good, nothing wrong with red! :D Just been reloading for about two years now and only load five calibers so it stays pretty compact............ All Hornady except for Lee "four-tube" bullet feeder tubes

reload1.jpg

Just a little bit of OCD here. LoL--- :lol: Very Nice!

Archived