SASS Wire Forum

They found Robin Williams dead today

The Shoer 27979

Sitting here watching TV and a news flash came on saying they found Robin Williams dead

Someone who provided so much happiness for others, and could not find it for himself. Such a loss

https://news.yahoo.com/actor-robin-williams-found-dead-apparent-suicide-sheriff-230233692.html

Crying shame. Truly one of the most funny people in the world.

I'll never forget his rant about Bush and his daughters when W was running for POTUS in 2000….he used some really foul language and used "bush" in a sexually suggestive way about the girls. The Bush girls were teenagers then. I never forgave him for that. Never liked him even before that but…..

….may he rest in peace.

Rye

Very sad. I remember seeing Robin and Billy Crystal on, I believe, Carson. They just played off of each other and could have gone on for hours. Needless to say, Johnny lost all control. Incredibly funny and a great entertainer. A real loss to the entertainment industry, as well as to the rest of us. Hell of a nightclub act too.

Thank you and "Na nu, na nu".

Prayers up for the Williams family

Many comedians and individuals with his personality traits suffer from debilitating depression. William's friend Jonathon Winters was one of those. He was highly intelligent, creative, generous, but tortured. A sad loss.

When so many people work so hard just to put food on the table and support their family it's tough to find much sympathy for a multi-millionaire who had it all and it still wasn't enough.

I cleaned up after to many of these inconsiderate people who never gave a thought for what they were going to do to those they left behind. My prayers and sympathy to his family.

I'll never forget his rant about Bush and his daughters when W was running for POTUS in 2000….he used some really foul language and used "bush" in a sexually suggestive way about the girls. The Bush girls were teenagers then. I never forgave him for that. Never liked him even before that but…..

….may he rest in peace.

Rye

IMHO he was a very angry person. Obviously he had some issues and after the rant mentioned above I pretty much turned him off. I wish his survivors well.

He was a pretty aggravating lefty on politics, though a funny guy who made me laugh on mork & mindy; he's in God's hands now, and I'll pray for the peaceful repose of his soul.

Robin Williams was a talented actor and a very funny man, aside from his political humor and a brilliant improv comic. Robin often went on USO tours and went as far forward as he was allowed to go, with little or no publicity at his request.

On edit: As of a December 2005 article date Robin had already done 3 USO tours and was planning a 4th in the spring of 2006

Prayers up for his family and friends.

A brilliant comedic mind, gone forever. RIP, Robin.

IMHO he was a very angry person. Obviously he had some issues and after the rant mentioned above I pretty much turned him off. I wish his survivors well.

Yul, I think your the only other person that heard that! I think it was on talk radio that I heard that rant. Either Rush or Hannity or Laura Ingraham or Micheal Medved. It was at a democrat fund raiser I believe. :blink:

Any way...prayers for his survivors

Rye

I will miss his talent. Last week, I saw his latest movie that has not been mentioned at all on the news: The Angriest Man in Brooklyn--a misleading title for a very good story. There is a scene where Williams goes into a camera store to buy a video cam, and James Earl Jones is the proprietor. The important thing to know before seeing this part is Jones used to have a serious stuttering problem, and overcame it, eventually becoming the most recognizable and memorable voice in entertainment and voice-over.

So here is Mork asking Darth Vader about video-cams and Jones character has a serious stutter! As a special ed teacher, I completely put the disability aside and took in the humor. After a laborious conversation about FFFFFFFuji and many other types, Williams gives up as he is under extreme time constraint, and stutters the two names of the cams he is interested in! Then Jones looks at him and says: FFFFF*#% You! I laughed my @$$ off for two days.

Ms. Cupcake,

I rented that movie from Redbox yesterday, before I heard the news of his death. Interesting that in the movie he attempts suicide and then in one of the final scenes when he is in the hospital talking with his estranged son he says "Robert Altman (character name) 1951-2014", as if he is fortelling his own death

Archived