SASS Wire Forum

A request for the prayer posse

Grizzly Dave

My sister, a year older than me is having hip surgery on Thursday.

She had had rheumatoid arthritis since she was maybe 15 and has had both knees and both hips replaced multiple times, I've lost track of how many.

When her left hip failed a few years ago, there wasn't enough bone left to attach a new joint to, so she's been a one hipped lady since then. Now her right hip has failed, and I get the idea that they really won't know if they'll be able to do anything until they cut into her and have a look see.

Any way you slice it she's gonna have a long recovery, and possibly major lifestyle changes.

Please pray for wisdom and skill for the medical types, and comfort for my sister and the family.

Thanks much.

Grizz

Done, Grizz!

LORD GOD, we come before you the Master of the Universe, The Great I AM, The Great Physician, and our Lord and Savior, I thank you for the blood you shed at Calvary to wash my sins away, I especially am thankful that I was able to see my need and accept you as my Lord and Savior. I come before you and plead as the Great Physician that you would give the drs wisdom and guidence, may there be the bone left to do what they need to do. Lord, please help her in her recovery,,I plead these things in Jesus precious holy name, amen and amen

Prayers up to the Creator for her speedy recovery and courage to face the lifestyle changes that she will face.

Prayers up from all of us on the West side of the state. May our Heavenly Father watch over your sister, yourself and all of your family, we know that His plan for us is perfect and He will provide for all our needs.

Respectfully

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Here's a prayer for her peace and comfort, and a wish that some of my recent medical good fortune is passed over to her!!

Thanks for the prayers folks.

It just don't pay to be related to me lately I guess. My sisters upcoming surgery, and mom healing from a broken back and getting over pneumonia.

As long as yer knee is bended...add mom to yer list as well, next week is her 12 week xray and visit to the back doc, I sure hope they let her out of the brace, if not she's gonna be devastated. We're hoping that once the brace is off she'll be able to get off the oxygen as well.

Prayers for your Sis, Grizz...Although I have not had to have any surgeries yet, I do know a little about how the "rummatiz" makes you feel. I surely hope it turns out well for her.

Got a call from my brother in law.

Surgeon came out while BIL was in the bathroom and left message that surgery went well, no other info yet.

The plan had been to take out old parts, replace with new better parts and install wire mesh around bones to beef them up.

So one can assume that if 'all went well' that they were able to do what was planned.

Well they seem to have the pain under control and are hoping to move my sister to the rehab hospital tomorrow. My mom passed along to my sis that I had cowboys and cowgirls from all over the world praying for her and she appreciated that.

Keep praying for mom's appt Friday, hopefully she'll get out of the brace, and can start getting more active again and work her way off the oxygen.

Well folks, the news on this day, my sisters birthday coincidentally, is not good as hoped for.

Due to the fact that the post op pain is still not completely managed, and she would not be able to hold up to the regimen at the rehab place, they have refused to take her. Plans are being made to move her to a nursing home where she can receive PT on a less rigorous schedule, and they will re-evaluate in a month.

This of course is very disheartening to my sister, as the image of a nursing home is where people go to wait to die, rather than to heal up and work towards going home.

Please continue to pray for my sis and her hubby as both will be facing a hard road for the next month, and possibly longer. Also mom as she's helpless to help or even visit and dealing with her own health issues.

And lastly, partly to let you know that I'm not ignoring the strain on me, pray for me as I tend to mom and try to do my best for the whole family.

Grizz

Archived