SASS Wire Forum

Your siginificant other

Noah Cash

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met my wife when I was in the 8th grade and she was in the 7th.Had the hots for her from then on.Never dated her until she was in college and I was in college and working.been married for 48 years the 11th of this month.

I met my wife square dancing. My girl friend at the time left the state, so I didn't have a partner to dance with. He aunt was the one that noticed I neede a dance partner. My club was visiting her club. My girl at the time never came back and I was broken hearted. So we started meeting at hoe downs and danced as partners for the next few months. This was in may and in August I asked her to go the circus. That was our first date. Then a year later I told her she was going to marry me one day. A year later we became man and wife. Now 35 years we are still very happy. We still a lot of fun. Someone asked her how we stayed together dor so long. She told that I still make her laugh.

Met my wife @ Hell on Wheels Regional, we were married at the first EOT @ Founders Ranch. That's going to be seven years next Friday. And, we were also the first couple to get hitched @ F.R.

LL' :)

We went to the same church. Our sons knew each other. We had attended the same "couples" Sunday School class but never noticed each other, assumed everyone else in the class was married.

We actually met at a Single Parent Support Group meeting. It was in the church park. He had 2 sons. I had a son and 2 daughters. I was also babysitting my neighbors 2 sons so I had 5 children with me...all under the age of 9. The very first thing I said to him when he walked up to me was, "these aren't all my kids".... After I said it I realized how ridiculous that sounded. He still teases me about it.

The first gifts he bought me, after only knowing me for a week, were a phone with an answering machine and bubble bath.... he made sure I understood the bubble bath was for me to use in HIS bathtub.

Everyone in town knew him so I asked all about him. No one could think of one bad thing to say about him. I tease him about "checking his references"

I was especially impressed with what a great dad he was to his sons... and how organized he was. I love that in a man. :->

He is a very hard working man. Doesn't do anything "half-a$$"

We only knew each other for 19 days when he asked me to marry him. Yep 19 days!!

I felt like it was too soon but he said, "when I decide I want something I get it"

I was scared to death! But I prayed about it....big time!

God was right!

Almost 17 years later I still consider him my prince and the smartest man in the world.

He knows how to keep me happy so he must be the smartest man in the whole right?

It's real hard to get irritated with someone who is nice to you all the time.

I was working as an assistant manager then at McDonald's when she drove up in a nice yellow 1972 Chevy Nova SS Coupe. I told my drive-thru window attendant to park the car so I can walk up to her with her order. We met, we dated and 3 years later, got married. Quarter pounder with cheese, no pickles, fries and a strawberry shake-we still have it once in a while, when we don't feel like cookin'! That was 24 years ago. . . :wub:

I've had the sense before, and this thread kind of confirms it....long term relationships seem to be more common in SASS than in the general population.

I met my darlin' in college; she was dating a physics professor, and I was working as a lab assistant for the same professor. Got interesting for a bit. She turned my date invitations down three times, but then turned it around and asked me out.

36 years this Fall - through thick and thin, good times and bad. I'm one lucky cowboy.

LL

I was working as an assistant manager then at McDonald's when she drove up in a nice yellow 1972 Chevy Nova SS Coupe. I told my drive-thru window attendant to park the car so I can walk up to her with her order. We met, we dated and 3 years later, got married. Quarter pounder with cheese, no pickles, fries and a strawberry shake-we still have it once in a while, when we don't feel like cookin'! That was 24 years ago. . . :wub:

A recipe for success it seems :D - Congrats on 24 years..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I was tending bar at a neighborhood bar as my part-time job. This gal, Carole, and her buddy, Linda, came in several days a week for Happy Hour and I got to know them a little. As anyone who has tended bar can tell you, you get to where you can keep track of all the conversations going on at the bar at once. I was perched on my barkeep's stool one evening when I heard Carole say to Linda, "The bartender's kinda cute, do you know him?" Well, bless Linda's little heart, she said, "Yeah, he's married and has a little girl about two years old."

I slid down the bar and said, "Don't pay her any attention, I'm single, never been married and don't have any kids!" That was twenty-nine years ago, we're brand new great-grandparents (Carole had three girls from previous marriages), and she still kids me about my two year old daughter from time to time! :D:wub:

...high school sweethearts '65-67', college sweethearts too, married in '70--that was 42 years ago come July....

...and come to think of it, Ms. Mary Matilda has kept me around the same length of time!!! <_<

We dated in high school but drifted apart. She went on to college and me to Uncle Sam. When I came back from overseas we started dating again. Got married after a year of dating. Forty seven years, 2 kids and 5 grandkids later we're still happy. :wub:

Went back to my brothers place after a day of shooting. My Sis-in-law had a friend over baking something or other. A few days later I asked her out and we were married 3 months later 24 years ago.

TF

I must add that after I returned from RVN, anything good in my life came as a direct or indirect cause of my wife. had I not married her, I would have died a drunk 30 years ago.

I was on a Secret Service advance detail to Columbia, and she was working in the hotel, and then......

....Oh sorry, my lawyer says I can't talk about it yet. ;)

<_<

Well when I was in the Coast Guard I got shore leave after extended tour at sea I stopped into this bar. It was kinda strange place with all guys mostly dressed in tight fitting motorcycle leather. Anyway afte a couple of drinks this one guy ask me to dance, the lights were low, the music was slow and he asked if I was gay. I didn't know quite what he really meant so I repled I was very happy and well, er, never mind. :P

I was out of the Air Force and she was just out of 1st year college. She was driving a brand new 1967 Camaro, Royal Plum with black vynal roof and white interior, 350 engine, four speed, oh sorry, back to how I met my wife!! Her car caught my eye first and she kinda liked my 63 chev convertible. Then we both attended a friends wedding and afterwards I drove her home about a two hour trip. I drove real slow so I could talk with her. Normally the trip took about a little over an hour. Then I figured out I liked spending time with her. So today, 45 years later, I still kinda like spending time with her and she is still driving a 1967 Camaro, except this one is a convertible.

And a fine couple you 2 make to this day. :)

I met my hubby, Gunstock Smith, when some cowboy friends took me to his shop to have my shotgun cut down to fit me. He joked about having to make it a "Smurf" gun! A few weeks later I bought a '97 so I could shoot Wild Bunch and sent him an email asking if he could make another Smurf gun for me. He was living up in north Texas, but was coming back down to his second shop in San Antonio to work on guns at the National Shooting Complex for the Sporting Clays Nationals. We arraigned a time and I came by with my '97. We talked and laughed.....I didn't see a ring on his finger and he didn't see one on mine. Later that night I received an email from him asking me out. We went out a couple of days later (Oct. '09) and in Dec. he moved down here. I already had a house about 7 miles from the Complex and had driven by his shop for years never knowing he was there!!

We were married Sept. 2010 at a Texican Ranger match under the hangman's noose with all our cowboy friends around and then went out and shot the match...... a perfect day!

I'm a very lucky woman. :D

Miss Cubbie

Well, first met at a high school basketball game, my younger half brother was playing or something, and he introduced me to lots of people, including my future wife. Didn't think much of it at the time as they were all 6 years younger than me.

Couple years later her family started coming to the church I was attending. Still didn't think much of it.

One winter I got bucked off my horse and tore up my leg and was on crutches for a while. The church organist, a friend of mine suggested that my future wife carry my Bible and stuff to my truck for me. Then prodded me to take her to lunch to say thank you. We were both in college at the time, living with parents and no real form of support. After a few months we got engaged, but set a wedding date after I'd be done with school. I even talked to her folks before I asked her, her mom said "well, I don't disapprove.'

About nine months later we drove up to Cheyenne and got married in the court house there, and stopped and bought fireworks on the way back. That night I went to a father son dinner with my father in law, as from what he knew, I was to be his future son in law. But, we told no one, and continued to live apart other than a stolen weekend away now and then. A year later when I was done with school, we told people that we'd gotten married the prior year. A few didn't believe it without seeing the marriage license, but that's fine, I was happy to show it to them.

That was 27 years ago come June.

By today's standards, we did it backwards. We got married and then later started living together.

Grizz

Well, a mutual friend of ours from high school was having a little get together, and I had really nothing better to do, and thought it would be fun catching up with old friends. Little did I know he was going to be there. I saw him walk in, (I had THE biggest crush on him in high school.) but I kept my cool.. and we sat next to each other. During the course of the night (while everyone else was out smoking) we started talking, and after the night was done, we all went on our merry way. Really never expected to hear from him again. He started sending messages to me on Facebook, and this went on for a week or two. He sent me a message asking me if he could call me. . I said sure.. and he called. We talked for awhile, then asked if I was seeing anyone, and I said no and then asked me if I'd like to go out for dinner. I was really nervous but yes I'd like that. We went to dinner and I wasn't even nervous. We talked and it felt like I had known him forever. After that, we'd text and send each other messages on Fb, and then we went out again. He told me he was involved in this thing called cowboy action shooting :) and at one point asked me if I liked to go. I was excited, yet a little nervous because these people were like a second family to him, and was worried about if they liked me. After awhile, they asked me to keep score, and I agreed. I'll tell you I never had so much fun and felt at home right away. I went to several matches with him, and really wanted to shoot.. but was a little apprehensive.. and finally in July of 2010, I started shooting with him. I caught the bug.. and have been shooting ever since, and we've been together for 2 years now. In case you're wondering who this cowboy is.. his name is Gray Hare :) You all now are my second family, too :)

As a young obstetrician, I saw this amazingly pretty young student nurse on the labor deck. White blouse, blue pinafore, first day of her obstetrics training. I said, "So, tell me what you know about pre-eclampsia." You can tell from my pick-up line what a smooth operator I was. The whole story is long and complicated but she is perfect for me and I couldn't be happier.

Dear Keepin'

Thank you for starting this wonderful thread.

Miss Cubbie, it's wonderful to read about how two CAS folks found each other. I also think it's B) you got married at a match.

Two local folks, Walks Under Buffalo and Walks Under Prairie Dog, also got married at High Sierra, one of our annuals. I was maid of honor and gave a bridal shower, in the Howling Wolf Saloon, at the match. I think that turned out to be great fun. Some of the ladies who came didn't know many others. We laughed so hard and had so much fun. Everyone made new friends.

Regards,

Allie Mo

We met through mutual friends in college. We spent hours talking in a stairwell after I walked her back to her dorm. She was graduating and planning on going to New York. I wasn't graduating anytime soon and was planning on going on active duty. She didn't, and I didn't and about 21/2 years later we were married.

My wife was in my kindergarden class and grew up together. We started dating at 15 and the rest is history.

I set up a church at the range as a stage to one of our matches and suprized my wife with renewing our vows after 25 years together (I can't believe she did it TWICE). Now that was a shotgun wedding.

Rowdy

My best friend introduced me to his new girl friend.

51 years of history and we are still together.

Well when I was in the Coast Guard I got shore leave after extended tour at sea I stopped into this bar. It was kinda strange place with all guys mostly dressed in tight fitting motorcycle leather. Anyway afte a couple of drinks this one guy ask me to dance, the lights were low, the music was slow and he asked if I was gay. I didn't know quite what he really meant so I repled I was very happy and well, er, never mind. :P

After that, I'd be seldom seen too......lol

Sorry. Couldn't resist it...

I met my wife, Wendy, at the Mt. State/U of Mt Cat/Grizz game in 1975. I was on my way down to Mare Island for a Navy school before I went to my second duty station. A friend of mine had just got out of the Army and had started freshman year at MSU. I stopped to visit him enroute and he asked if I wanted to stay for the game since he had an extra ticket. Wendy was friends with his sister, who had also just started school. We went to the game with a bunch of friends. Wendy had been asked to go with another guy. During the course of the game we ended up together. The next day I left for Mare Island and she didn't expect to see me again. Three weeks later I came back and called her. We spent the weekend together and stayed in contact after I went to Northern Ireland. We got married after I left N.I. and have been together for almost 35 years.

This has been some great stories folks, keep em coming. It is great to be associated with guys and gals like ya'll.

Computer dating.

I had talked with her several times on the phone prior to our first actual "date". I thought we had hit it off very well. Was looking forward to meeting her. Went to meet her at a restaurant for our 1st date. I waited, and waited, and waited. After an hour or two, gave up and went home. Later that night I tried calling her to see what had happened(glutton for punishment?). Her phone was answered by her sister. Turns out she had been rushed to the ER. Well, I could hardly fault her for THAT!

To make a long story short, we did get together a bit later, and have been together ever since. Married 25 years this June, and they have certainly been the best years of MY life.

Well, we met while walking to Junior High. We soon made it a habit and began attending school dances together. We actually started "dating" when she was 15 and I was 14. I taught her to shoot while she was 15 and I was 14 with a Ruger 10/22 and then a Ruger T512 target pistol and then a Winchester Model 12, 20 ga. Her mother HATED that I shot and taught her to shoot. My wife has been a fantastic shot with anything she picked up, Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, revolver, bow and arrow, It doesn't matter, she is talented. We stayed together except for a few short spats throughout high school. With the exception of some time when I was not available due to engagements a long way off working for our government, we have been together 41 years and married for 37 years. She says it was kind of touch and go until I saw things her way. From then on, we have had a great life with a couple of great kids.

I work in the firearms industry and thought I should travel to Winter Range in '93 to see what the gun writers were talking about and to see if the company should get involved. I was fascinated by the game from the first morning I saw it. I arranged for the company to get involved and sent me to EOT later the same year. My first SASS match was EOT '93. When we got home, I was dreaming of all the really neat firearms I needed to buy for myself and lamenting the fact that there was no CAS in the Kansas City area at the time. When we got ready for bed that first night home, she looked up at me and said, "Mikey, buy me guns, I want to play too!." My gun budget died that day and her gun budget blossomed. Only recently has my gun budget recovered after buying her Colt's and Marlins and Cimarrons and trap guns and on and on and on.

Birdshot

SASS 3616

stuck on the same woman so long I can't remember being single

Archived