SASS Wire Forum

Proposed Rule change

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

Since we seem to have some issues regarding competing evenly, I propose we re-do the categories.

Lets break it up by Type of Pick-up you Drive to the match.

Separate Categories for:

Chevy

Ford

Dodge

Foreign, (Honda, Toyota,)

Then sub-divide by engine Gas or Diesel,

Further break down by cubic Inches

Full size, extended, Crew cab, Sub mid size, SUV

And if you show up in a truck made before 1966, (Arbitrary Number), You can shoot classic.

Those folks arriving in Sedan, Coupes, Station Wagons can shoot in Junior class.

I suppose if you don't pass the smog test we can lump you in with the Black Powder Shooters...

Skate Boards, Motorcycles, bicycles, unicycles and pedestrians can be lumped together in the "Save the Environment Class".

Have I left anyone out, (alienated)?

Oh one last thing if you drive a Supercharged, blown Gas or Diesel Hemi you will have to shoot the Pro-class.

Flame Suit On ! :lol:^_^:):D:blink::rolleyes::unsure::ph34r:

Almost forget, Automatics have to shoot two handed, Manual transmission can shoot duelist or gunfighter.

Nope, the only way to even the playing field is to make each competitor wear or carry EVERY trophy, award, buckle, etc. they have ever won WHILE they shoot. :D

They'd still beat me, but it would be closer... :D

That is an excellent idea. As it stands now, a feller can say he wants to shoot different categories and it's a good excuse to buy more guns. With these changes, we'll have an excuse to buy more trucks! I'll be able to shoot gunfighter in Classic because my 1965 Chevy has an automatic and it'll free up my hands if you don't count steering it (we are talking about mounted shooting here, aren't we?) I'll have to shoot left handed duelist in the Import category because my 1986 Nissan is a standard shift. BTW, standard shift is hillbilly for manual shift.

If I try to shoot Modern, I'll have to borrow someone's truck. Yep, this IS a good idea! :D

Couple more rules...2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive and just to make sure nobody can game the course, everyone starts with a 1/4 tank of fuel...No Fair stoking the gas tank...

Wait a minute here

My '72 Ford is virtually identical mechanically to the '60's versions (and the '69 I used to have) so I should be allowed an exemption to shoot classic because it has round headlights, the original interior and when you first start it the engine smokes until it warms up. :) Those are period correct features so you need to add a category for trucks that are "almost" in the category guidelines!!! :lol:

Plus my '04 Nissan Titan as a first year model clearly falls into the "modern" category and the '04 Frontier would probably fit the "Buckaroo" category.

OMG we need more categories!! :lol::lol:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I saw a Model T for sale this weekend, what class would that put me in? Old, old timer? :lol:

Grandpa, Silver Senior Old Phart Frontiersman, but you have to shoot Cap and ball, By the way I think we can add an exception that anyone showing up in a Model T doesn't have to shoot he can just get a Belt Buckle.

What about the Delorean owners? Why can't they get a fair shake? Do both feet have to be on one side of the line or can you just straddle it? Does the stainless steel body mean I don't have to be clean every time? If I go back to the future, how am I ever supposed to look forward to the past?

Hep me, Hep me.....I'm confused.

R/O's will be required to carry Owners Manuals...T/O will have to have timing lights...Can you time the new trucks with a timing light or do ya need a confuser?

Grandpa, Silver Senior Old Phart Frontiersman, but you have to shoot Cap and ball, By the way I think we can add an exception that anyone showing up in a Model T doesn't have to shoot he can just get a Belt Buckle.

And of course only use real leaded gasoline as a propellant :rolleyes:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Harleys can NOT be thrown in with the other motorcycles, thank you very much!

DAS :FlagAm:

rev 'em up..

Wiiiiiinnngg diiiing diiiing diiiing :lol:

Let's see, instead of age-based categories, we'd have them based on vehicle mileage... When I travel out of town, my ol' truck has 1.8 Million miles on it, AND counting! Showed up in Carson City once, and one of the shooters was driving a 5-ton truck... said, "gee, I drive my biggest truck to a shoot just ONE time, and someone just HAS to show up in one bigger!" :lol: :lol:

Sound about right to you, Buck?

Wait a minute... My stagecoach is an Olds Silhouette minivan...

Where does the minivan fall in there?

It's out of production.. ain't any reproduction models made... so what now?

I know.. gamer attitude :wacko: .. don't let him in...

Rance <_<

Thinkin' nobody likes me anyhow :angry:

Couple more rules...2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive and just to make sure nobody can game the course, everyone starts with a 1/4 tank of fuel...No Fair stoking the gas tank...

It's a good thing my 4x4 Suburban has a 45 gallon gas tank. 1/4 tank would be 11.25 gallons.

If I drive a deuce and a half, would I be in the military-dress catagory? And if I mount a .50 cal on it do I have to stay under the allowable velocity rules? You might want to bring some extra targets after I am done shooting especially with the armor-piercing rounds and all.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

There's the times I drive my '71 Mustang to the matches {hence MUSTANG Gregg}.

Where's that put the category for me?

And them Delorean guys too?????? Sorry-Already mentioned above!^^

Heck, for CC Category, they have to ride a real horse or wagon to a match.

Mustang Gregg

If I drive a deuce and a half, would I be in the military-dress catagory? And if I mount a .50 cal on it do I have to stay under the allowable velocity rules? You might want to bring some extra targets after I am done shooting especially with the armor-piercing rounds and all.

If you drove that to the match with a Ma Duece mounted on it, you can shoot whatever class you want.......I wouldn't argue ;)

Wait a minute... My stagecoach is an Olds Silhouette minivan...

Where does the minivan fall in there?

It's out of production.. ain't any reproduction models made... so what now?

I know.. gamer attitude :wacko: .. don't let him in...

Rance <_<

Thinkin' nobody likes me anyhow :angry:

They is discriminatin' against us minivan operators! :P

I believe I have an answer for you mini van drivers...I just got a letter from the USM Folks....

United Soccer Moms....:)

Archived