SASS Wire Forum

go to gun

evil dogooder

Ok your going out to play around in the back fourty/gun range wherever you shoot. What is thw first gun you grab? What do you love to shoot more than anything else you own, and why?

For me me after packing whatever is my newest toy I always have my 22's especially my high standard. I paid less than a hundred for it its been used and abused took me forever to learn how to shoot it well but now I can consistantly put at least half the mag into a four inch target at 75 yards

Id love to have my dads marlin 22 bolt action but he's not ready to give it up yet. That was tge first rifle I ever shot and its had literally tens of thousands of rounds through it but its still true. Great gun. Its the reason ill only own a marlin 22. Rifle

Love to hear about your favorites

Happy easter

Evil dogooder

Thisn's fun too.

I love my 22s but they don't make enough noise! :lol:

Thisn's fun too.

I love my 22s but they don't make enough noise! :lol:

Love the nagant. Mine was my first center fire and ill never get rid of it. Arsenal refinished paid $90 for it and have shot more than 5000 rounds through it just as accurate as the day I bought it

Is that a Moisin Nagant UB?

For me it would be a toss up between my Springfield 1911 and one of my Ruger Vaquero Bisleys. :FlagAm:

All .45's of course. :lol:

Yup!

Call me a glutton for punishment. :lol:

UB

If you run enough ammo through it , you can cook shiskoboubs on that sticker on the front ,

Save time shoot and cook a snack at the same time .

CB

Nostrovya! :lol:

This...

or This!

Hmmm? I reckon mine would have to be my ol' S&W model 10. But I've recently gotten my ol' Glenfield 25 out of the back of the safe and gave it a facelift. Now it follows me to the range everytime.

I'll try to post pics later, but I have a Korean War era 1911-A1 that just happens to be in synch with me, and the other is Ruger Single Six that has had somewhere around a Bazillion rounds through it and shoots as good as day one... For long guns, I have a Longbranch SMLE that I more than fond of...

Vaya con Dios

5 1/2" SAA in .45 Colt. Bought my first one when I was 14 and have never been far away from one since except in 'Nam and at PI, Quantico, and Lejeune.

Ift here's a long gun going along it's my 24" Uberti '73 in .44-40. Used to be Dad's Remington M-08, but it's not economical any more.

A worn and battered Single Six that has digested around a couple hundred thousand rounds. Looks bad, feels good!

That is also my choice, it was the first handgun I ever owned.

It has been with me for over 40 years now and even though I have many, many newer, more modern guns it’s still my favorite. It is as tight as the day I got it much more accurate than I am after at least a 100,000 rounds. A truck load of small game has fallen to it.

I hope that someday my grandchildren enjoy it as much as I have

I'll try to post pics later, but I have a Korean War era 1911-A1 that just happens to be in synch with me, and the other is Ruger Single Six that has had somewhere around a Bazillion rounds through it and shoots as good as day one... For long guns, I have a Longbranch SMLE that I more than fond of...

Vaya con Dios

Blimey!! Did somebody say Smelly? :D

Just one? I love them all and enjoy shooting them all.

Probably my Marlin Golden 39A lever action .22 rifle. Followed by my Ruger New Vaqueros in 357 shooting 38s. It's fun to go out and do drills with them. Go one hand to the other, draw, fire one, holster, draw fire one, holster. Very valuable to practice those transitions, and fun to boot.

Usually this... S&W 610 10mm revolver also shoots .40 S&W.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/Rolan_Kraps/610%20SW/625and610Grips007.jpg

nice #4 smelly there UB, I love shootin mine. also have a #3 that had been converted to 308 for use in India. That one is also fun, and surplus 308 is a little easier to come accross than 303. Last batch of 303 I got wad some of the worse hangfires I've ever had in a cartridge gun. Fired a couple shot, eventually, and quit. Still got the rest of them soemwhere around here in a bag marked "DO NOT USE".

My old .45 Ruger Blackhawk has accompanied me on almost every pack trip for the past two decades or so. It's been on my hip, in my saddle bags, tucked in my bedroll, and in my canoe box. I love my .22's, but this is definitely my go-to gun.

THIS

nice #4 smelly there UB, I love shootin mine. also have a #3 that had been converted to 308 for use in India. That one is also fun, and surplus 308 is a little easier to come accross than 303. Last batch of 303 I got wad some of the worse hangfires I've ever had in a cartridge gun. Fired a couple shot, eventually, and quit. Still got the rest of them soemwhere around here in a bag marked "DO NOT USE".

The Paki made 303 stuff is mostly just junk. I have a bunch of Sellier & Beloit brass I got on sale and just reload that.

Ok your going out to play around in the back fourty/gun range wherever you shoot. What is thw first gun you grab? What do you love to shoot more than anything else you own, and why?

For me me after packing whatever is my newest toy I always have my 22's especially my high standard. I paid less than a hundred for it its been used and abused took me forever to learn how to shoot it well but now I can consistantly put at least half the mag into a four inch target at 75 yards

Id love to have my dads marlin 22 bolt action but he's not ready to give it up yet. That was tge first rifle I ever shot and its had literally tens of thousands of rounds through it but its still true. Great gun. Its the reason ill only own a marlin 22. Rifle

Love to hear about your favorites

Happy easter

Evil dogooder

Truth is I love a 22 pistol with snake shot in it because of all the years I spent in AZ around snakes... And it is cheap.. lol

CD

The 3rd from the bottem has great wood on it .

I do not think I have ever seen nicer wood on an M-1

CB

I built that one as my shooter. Picked out the wood special from Wenig at their factory.

Wenig stock

Camping, plinking, gun range, every place but the trap range, I take my Winchester 9422M. in over 27 years, I can't imagine how many rounds I have put through it, and I got it used. Still shoots as well as I can if not better.

Archived