SASS Wire Forum

I have to ask... about english.

Deja Vous

The board has been my release for a long time now. I have felt I can be as "sappy silly", as I want to be. Some times I post on here about corsets, sometimes about God, and sometimes about guns, the fun and the political side. But all of the time's I fail to use proper English. The reason is it goes with the persona of a french/lakota kind of person. And it gives me an even larger escape from my heart by being a "LOL: sort of person. I enjoy humor. I find humor in life and in our language that few people understand. But I have taken it a bit to far, so I will try to tone it down a bit, maybe..... lol

The point is I have abused all of you with my lack of grammar because it gives me a freedom that I need in my heart, and in my life. It is easier to take liberties with a language than to have to face life head on, I guess. Being the silly girl in the saloon is easier, but maybe not better?

So, tonight I will try to stop my run on sentences that I am so famous for, and my crazy LOL humor, for a more toned down verison of Deja.

Deja...no need to change who you are. Myself and many others here enjoy reading your post and look forward to see what you are going to be up to next..lol. As far as your use of proper English, Im sure most here dont care about that as well.

Deja...no need to change who you are. Myself and many others here enjoy reading your post and look forward to see what you are going to be up to next..lol. As far as your use of proper English, Im sure most here dont care about that as well.

gaw 'head Sister!! this oughta be good--- the bets are rollin in :lol: lol back atcha

Deja, don't you dare change a thing~! ^_^

Heck... you should see MY writing! My seventh grade English teacher would have a stroke... she who had sentenced me to a daily dose of "Bonehead English" before school; her fourth period class; then another dose of "Bonehead English" after school... :blush:

Ahhhhh, I think I get it..........

You been over on the wire talkin' to Phantom, ain't 'cha?

:lol::lol::lol:

DON'T CHANGE FER NOBODY!!!!

I see everyday folks that seem to think they offend everyone by the simplest things they do...........I hate seeing that.

If'n ya wanna jabber like monkey in a tree, go ahead.

If'n ya wanna pick yer nose while drivin' down the highway, go fer it!!

I won't stop ya, and (unless it hurts me or my family, which is purdy hard ta do)I won't be offended one bit.

I'm only bothered by folks that seem to be afraid of being who they really are.

To live in fear of something like that is kinda a drag...

~EE(I'm gonna be me, and I don't care what anyone thinks)Taft~

;)

Edited 'cause my english ain't that gud neither!

Don't go changin' on account of us, Miss Deja. I found you to be one of the more literate scribes in the Saloon. If writing in dialect is what lets you be LOL free, then please feel free to do so. You'll notice that most of us tend to be that way in here.

Deja, I agree with everyone else here. Don't you dare change anything. you are who you are, and to change because of some perseved shortcommings about proper english or spelling here is foolish. This is a fantasy saloon so fantasy language and spelling is down right proper here. Besides have you seen some of my posts? I don't speak english I speak texan, and my spelling leaves lots to be desired. No cowboy or cowgirl here will bring any mistakes to your attention. Your posts are fun, and we love them. Keep it up....

Tascosa

So, tonight I will try to stop my run on sentences that I am so famous for, and my crazy LOL humor, for a more toned down verison of Deja.

I can't imagine why you'd feel the need, Deja. Writing is part of my job in "real life" and my character is known for perfect grammar, so I have to be "on the stick" as it were - others have no such obligation. More importantly, everyone here loves you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE :wub: so as the old song goes "Don't go changin'..." ;)

Affectionately yours,

TMM

I would miss you if you changed.Go get them girl.

There are a number of people who inhabit the Wire who can barely put three words together. Their posts are frequently grammatically abysmal, structurally deficient and make me wonder how they passed a driver license test. I'm not talking about the folks who use "yore" and "whut" for amusement but those who are Internet denizens who use no punctuation or capitalization and claim it's easier and that's how they're "used to writing". Then there are the ones with incomprehensible run-on paragraphs and the ones who are unable to communicate in writing due to being the victims of a defective educational system or brain damage from melting lead and sniffing the fumes too enthusiastically.

You, my dear, are not one of those. Carry on. ;)

I have found that most folks here in the Saloon really don't care if you know the difference between a split infinitive and a dangling participle.

You come across as relaxed and comfortable. As if you were sitting on the porch with friends, just chatting about whatever comes to mind. This isn't, and I don't think should be, an exercise in formal, doctoral level, dissertation. This is friends and companions sitting down and chewing the fat.

Can you pass me that bowl of chicharrones, please? And another beer.

We won't know what you are really thinking or feeling because you'll be deleting and modifying your feelings and thoughts in your head before committing them to the forum.

We all understand your "english" by now. If we're not sure what you mean we just ask you, right? Right.

Your SASS sister,

Dogwood Annie

I can't believe what I just read, wow, Cailf has changed you, guess you are going to have to move back to MO

Don't change, we understand you, or at least sometimes, as the saying goes ( you can't please all the people all the time ) or something to that effect

All for now JD Trampas

Deja, don't you go changin a thing darlin! You are who you are, and that's why we all love you. If you were on the right coast, I'd drag you over to my place, throw a couple stakes on the grill, open a bottle of my brothers prise winning wine, and give you a piece of my mind. But as you're not, all I can say is,

Don't you go changing one, ... blasted thing about your self!

If you need someone to talk with, I don't think anyone in this Saloon would object to an email or PM from you. We're all here for ya darlin, know mater if you can spell or not. I sure can't spell worth a hill of beans.

So relax gal, pull a chair over here by the fire, and I'll have the bar-keep pour you whatever you want.

Dutchman :wub:

The board has been my release for a long time now. I have felt I can be as "sappy silly", as I want to be. Some times I post on here about corsets, sometimes about God, and

<SNIP>

To thine own self be true . . .

I have found that most folks here in the Saloon really don't care if you know the difference between a split infinitive and a dangling participle.

I HATE IT when my participle is dangling. 'specially when folks can see it. :blink:

Deja, we love you just the way you are. NOT expressing things as you feel free to is in fact a lie. We all know you as an honest preson, stay true to us and most importantly to yourself. :wub:

Now, little Miss Deja Vous, let me tell ya a thing or three.... :angry:

I like yur english, it's just fine....even plum purty lookin' and soundin' too !

All ready missin' them LOL's yur so fond of.

I don't speak/write good english none t'all.

Just write da why folks back home speak, dat's all.

Kinda like to set these folks athinkin' what West Texas cowhands sound like when dey are workin'.:D

Now ifin' dat aint rat...so be it.

I'll speak my West Texican eng-lish just as naturally as I please....

You sould go and do da same, young lady !!! :angry:

Ifin' someone gits offended by it, I hope dey got enough common sense to turn thier heads !! B)

Dats my story and I'm stickin' to it !

What evabody else said!

As long as you are capitalizing the first word of a sentence, making a pass at getting the punctuation close enough to be understood and can spell well enough for me to figger out what you are saying, you are good to go as far as I'm concerned. The only reason I ask for that much is so I can figger out what you are saying instead of having a block of words that just go on and on with no discernible break in thought that I have to decipher.

Think of it this way, there ain't gonna be a test at the end of the week, Ms Williams (my 6th grade English teacher) isn't going to check every sentence (or make you diagram the ones you screwed up) and spellin' and punctuation errors don't cost you a letter grade per infraction.

I figure it this way, this is an informal setting amongst friends. I wouldn't be insulted by you using vernacular (or dialect in us Southerners' case) in your speech if we were talking rather than typing, so why get all worked up because of how the sentence is structured here on the WIRE?

There are a number of people who inhabit the Wire who can barely put three words together. Their posts are frequently grammatically abysmal, structurally deficient and make me wonder how they passed a driver license test. I'm not talking about the folks who use "yore" and "whut" for amusement but those who are Internet denizens who use no punctuation or capitalization and claim it's easier and that's how they're "used to writing". Then there are the ones with incomprehensible run-on paragraphs and the ones who are unable to communicate in writing due to being the victims of a defective educational system or brain damage from melting lead and sniffing the fumes too enthusiastically.

idon'tknowwhatyourtalkinaboutUBIdothinkitiseasiertotypelikethatit'sjustmorenatural

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

It is a hard to make sense of some of the stuff that gets posted.

When it gets this bad, I'm just gonna quit looking and the internet all together.

~EE Taft~

You talkin' bout me, there UB ? :unsure:

I know yur not talkin' bout me.........

Are ya ?? :blink:

Thanks.... I like my .......... and my lol... and my run on sentences because I put all my thoughts out there really fast.. lol.. I don't have to be a grown up all the time, huh? You are all very sweet. I never worry about how someone else puts a post together, I look for the heart in it. I wish I had all the time in the world to type, but the fact is my time is limited. I work a lot of hours. At work I jump on and post really fast as much as I can. At home I do that too, and my letter writing skills have suffered from it. But at work I can't use my lol or the .......... or run on and on.. so I do it all here. Glad you all mostly get the jest of what I am saying even if i am not all prime and proper about it. lol. I was told once that email and boards would be the end of proper english, and maybe so? Who knows...

I will be back later to enjoy myself for now I have to go out to dinner and the gym with a friend... yawn.. maybe I will take a nap instead? lol

I ain't see no problem with y'all grammer....

lol.. of course not y'all understand me completely.. lol..

Deja

I likes ya jus the way you are. This here place is my retreat after a hard day workin. Keep it up.

Thanks so much... That is so sweet..

Yup!! What Bob said!!!!

Archived