SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Movie Scenes

The late Bernard Hill was brilliant as Theoden.   I've lost track of how many times I've watched Theoden's speech and the charge and there is still a thrill every time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that's from one of the Lord of the rings movies. I saw the first one and it didn't impress me so I never saw the other two.

Who are the two girls? Why are they riding into battle?

I got the impression that the older one was the King's daughter. Or the general's daughter or whoever that guy was. Cuz whenever he got close to her she'd hide her face.

The person in the saddle in front of her was a hobbit, also not supposed to be there.

The movies are also very much worth watching, even though the don't follow the books exactly.

11 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

also not supposed to be there

Did not look like (s)he wanted to be there, either.

This one scene in

Debbie Does Dallas .

She looked up and they made eye contact wile she was :wacko: 

Never mind I'm already done !

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that's from one of the Lord of the rings movies. I saw the first one and it didn't impress me so I never saw the other two.

Who are the two girls? Why are they riding into battle?

I got the impression that the older one was the King's daughter. Or the general's daughter or whoever that guy was. Cuz whenever he got close to her she'd hide her face.

The scene is from the third movie and is pretty much taken directly from the book  (I don't recall the orc dialogue in the book).

As already mentioned below, Eowyn is the woman and the king's niece.  Merry is a male hobbit who has sworn loyalty to Theoden, but was to be left behind when the Theoden rode to war as Merry's pony could not keep up with the horses and a horse was too big for Merry. 

Lord of the Rings is technically one book, but due to lack of paper (and perhaps the publisher had some doubts on the success of the book) it was broken into three books. For a very long time Lord of the Rings was considered unfilmable.  I first read Lord of the Rings when I was about 12 and I've lost count of how many times I've read the book.  Peter Jackson and his people did an amazing job and it's about as close to perfect and being faithful to the book as it is possible to be and still be a success.

And yes, both the first movie and the beginning of the book start out a little slowly and don't really pick up until Rivendell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

There are many scenes in a movie(s) that have been my favorite and memorable ones. From opening scene of "The Last of the Mohicans" to end scene of "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".  But since I first saw this scene in a theatre and hearing the audiences cheering loud, etc. This has been the best and to this day still.

In fact it has one of the highest hits on YouTube still.

Edited by Marshal Dan Troop 70448
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Animal House -- "Food Fight!"

My favorite line in that movie was D-Day yelling “Ramming Speed!”

image.jpeg.8e441fb7534f883f9dd8e388a55f7b82.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Dam' another actor, an expert in make believe and pretend.

I would take a Glock over any other pistol. That ain’t pretend. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I would take a Glock over any other pistol. That ain’t pretend. 

Different strokes - POS IMHO, I wouldn't give one or any other plastic gun house room.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Different strokes - POS IMHO, I wouldn't give one or any other plastic gun house room.

Your prerogative. 

One of my favorite gunfight scenes was the gun battle towards the end of Open Range. It seemed pretty realistic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Here’s another line I like from a movie. 
From the movie U.S. Marshals

image.jpeg.4363b0d822b0d8759219ad5b4682cc39.jpeg

I bought one of those.  A funny line but I never figured out what made it a sissy pistol, 45 ACP is a respectable round.

Posted (edited)

Too many but the scene in Tombstone where Johnny Ringo spins his gun and then Doc spins his whiskey cup has to be way up there!:lol:

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Gandalf: "Theoden, King, stands alone."

Reply:  "Not alone.  ROHIRIMMM!"

The sight of armored cavalry pouring like water down upon the enemy ...

• Like 1

While the dialogue in the movie may or may not have been exactly accurate, Patton did say he could with 3 divisions in 48 hours.  Patton's G -2, Colonel Oscar Koch had predicted the German attack and Patton made contingency plans for the attack. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_S._Patton#Battle_of_the_Bulge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Koch#World_War_II

• Thanks 1