SASS Wire Forum

Yearly dementia test...if you dare!

Yearly dementia test...if you dare!

Our Yearly Dementia Test

It's that time of year for us to take our annual senior citizen test.
Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it!
Below is a very private way to gauge how your memory compares to the last test. Some may think it is too easy but the ones with memory problems may have difficulty. Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not.
The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.
OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast' give up now and do something else..
Try not to hurt yourself.

If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water.. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World.
However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,' why are you still reading these???
If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4 Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to
Milford Haven in Wales ... In London , 17 people get on the bus.
In Reading , 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on.
In Swindon , 2 people get off and 4 get on.
In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on.
In Swansea , 3 people get off and 5 people get on.
In Carmathen, 6 people get off and 3 get on.
You then arrive at Milford Haven ...

Without scrolling back to review, how old is the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
Don't you remember your own age?
It was YOU driving the bus!!

If you pass this along to your friends, pray they do better than you.

PS: 95% of people fail most of the questions!!

Around here our greenhouses are made of plastic wrap or plexiglass. I guess in Australia even the weather is trying to kill you. :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

BTW I got all your questions, where is my official senior citizen card?

I only missed the last one. Actually I didn’t try because the quiz was about passengers, in my mind. ;)

4 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Around here our greenhouses are made of plastic wrap or plexiglass. I guess in Australia even the weather is trying to kill you. :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

BTW I got all your questions, where is my official senior citizen card?

a9dcf01955c716f07c590cc10f9fc0ec.jpg.88445770843331da6f03113a6b783c23.jpg

Actually, a green house could be made from practically any green colored building material. It is entirely possible that a green house could be made from green bricks…

A greenhouse is usually made from transparent or translucent material applied to a framework of some rigid material!

6 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually, a green house could be made from practically any green colored building material. It is entirely possible that a green house could be made from green bricks…

A greenhouse is usually made from transparent or translucent material applied to a framework of some rigid material!

Don't ask me......I failed at the toaster question :( 

14 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Me too! :P

26 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Me too :blush:

100%! All right! Or even Oll Korek!

But I did lose a cell phone earlier today. Found it but only after looking under my chair 3 times, with a house search in between kitchen scans.

5 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Actually, there is an age at which cows do drink milk.  That is why their mothers produce it.

Just sayin.

Those are calves, not cows. There are both male and female calves. Cows are adult female calves. Mothers are also female so your logic has some relevance. Your minor lack of clarity shows you are still thinking.

On edit: You are an extra on a Star Trek episode. Per the script, the Enterprise is in orbit around a strange planet. You are issued a uniform with a red shirt and sent to the transporter pad. Do you go along with being beamed down to the planet surface?

6 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Those are calves, not cows. There are both male and female calves. Cows are adult female calves. Mothers are also female so your logic has some relevance. Your minor lack of clarity shows you are still thinking.

On edit: You are an extra on a Star Trek episode. Per the script, the Enterprise is in orbit around a strange planet. You are issued a uniform with a red shirt and sent to the transporter pad. Do you go along with being beamed down to the planet surface?

If the shirt says MAGA and the Phaser isn't set on stun...

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

As did I. :blush:

3 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Absolutely. First, I am an extra. That means I'm only in this episode anyway. So if I get killed on the planet surface, what does it matter.

And, and this is much more important, if I refuse to put on the uniform and beam down to the planet, I don't get paid.

6 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

100%! All right! Or even Oll Korek!

But I did lose a cell phone earlier today. Found it but only after looking under my chair 3 times, with a house search in between kitchen scans.

Re: lost phones:

I solved my frequently misplaced phone problems with blue tooth "TILES", purchased at WallMart.  They're  small plastic tabs, each with a locator chip. With one attached to my car keys and programmed into the phone app, I can either locate the keys from the phone or find the phone from the keys with the press of a button. 

They work great, but you do have to check batteries from time to time.  I have them on all sets of vehicle keys, heavy equipment keys, and my travel trailer keys.  Each set is uniquely programmed and separately searchable. 

I buy them on sale; 4 TILES/ package for about $35.  They've saved me some frustrated hours searching.  They have about a 100-foot effective blue tooth search range. 

10 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

The answer to this query depends upon which Star Trek series you’re in!

If it’s the original series, expect this to be your only appearance!  You’re most likely dead.  If it’s any of the other series, you’re command level and your character may be expected to appear more than once. 

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If it’s the original series, expect this to be your only appearance!  You’re most likely dead.  If it’s any of the other series, you’re command level and your character may be expected to appear more than once. 

When they had people killed after being transported to a planet, why didn't they just re-create the person from the transporter pattern buffer?

13 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Actually, there is an age at which cows do drink milk.  That is why their mothers produce it.

Just sayin.

Well technically they're not cows they're calves....just sayin'.......

4 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

When they had people killed after being transported to a planet, why didn't they just re-create the person from the transporter pattern buffer?

While they could create inanimate objects from the CHON stores, they couldn't create a living thing from it. The only time something like that happened was a serious malfunction in the Transporter like the one that split Kirk into two, which was not so much a duplicate since they were able to splice him/them back together, and the time that Riker was actually split into two completely separate beings and they could not. 

The Pattern Buffer worked with the Heisenberg Compensator to stabilize the Transportee only while Transporting was in progress. 

Remember when Scotty used the Transporter to save himself, he actually had to be in the system for it to work.

I'm not sure, but I think that Scotty is the only person that transported down in a red shirt and survived...multiple times. What a badass.

4 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Gotta have at least 51% living matter.

30 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'm not sure, but I think that Scotty is the only person that transported down in a red shirt and survived...multiple times. What a badass.

Uhura did too. Now that I think about it, most of the female guest stars in red uniforms did too. 

5 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Uhura did too. Now that I think about it, most of the female guest stars in red uniforms did too. 

She's the only one that could hail all frequencies.

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

While they could create inanimate objects from the CHON stores, they couldn't create a living thing from it. The only time something like that happened was a serious malfunction in the Transporter like the one that split Kirk into two, which was not so much a duplicate since they were able to splice him/them back together, and the time that Riker was actually split into two completely separate beings and they could not. 

The Pattern Buffer worked with the Heisenberg Compensator to stabilize the Transportee only while Transporting was in progress. 

Remember when Scotty used the Transporter to save himself, he actually had to be in the system for it to work.

54 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Gotta have at least 51% living matter.

When the deceased crewman was originally transported, he or she WAS alive. The buffer only stores the pattern, it doesn’t create it. 

The buffer has been used to revert infected crewmen back to their biological stsus before a virus infection that occurred between that transport and a subsequent one, so it doesn’t seem that the buffer is zeroed out on each transport. 

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

When the deceased crewman was originally transported, he or she WAS alive. The buffer only stores the pattern, it doesn’t create it. 

The buffer has been used to revert infected crewmen back to their biological stsus before a virus infection that occurred between that transport and a subsequent one, so it doesn’t seem that the buffer is zeroed out on each transport. 

Damn, wish I'd been transported back when I was 20 and they stored the pattern til now.

Archived