SASS Wire Forum

Military Meme's

PowderRiverCowboy

6 hours ago, DocWard said:

I'll say it until my dying day. I'm far more proud of the fact that the guys I served with saw fit to call me "Doc" than I am the fact I could put "Esquire" after my name if I so chose.

Marines love their "Docs". I've been treated by your compadres several times, in combat and stateside. I appreciate your service and wish you well.

PF

Edited by Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/21/2024 at 10:03 AM, DocWard said:

When I was the NCOIC of the Medical Section for my Bn. I sent a new guy to commo for squelch grease. The commo sergeant, being a good guy, sent him to the supply sergeant. The supply sergeant after a few moments of "checking" sent the new guy to maintenance. Almost an hour later, I began thinking the new guy was onto our snipe hunt and was somewhere screwing off. I checked with commo, then went to supply. While at supply, they get a call from the maintenance sergeant, an E7, asking for an NSN (National Stock Number) for squelch grease.

The "new guy" is now a 1SG and Bronze Star recipient. To my knowledge, the E7 is still clueless.

May I steal this to put on a military heavy private FB group?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

1 hour ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

we don’t steal we “ acquire tactically “ :)

Provide attribution for the source, and you should be fine. But asking permission is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Provide attribution for the source, and you should be fine. But asking permission is a good thing.

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Goes against everything I learned in The Marines. Gibb's Rule 18: "It's far easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

Yep Never stole anything during my 20 years in the Navy. Everything was either Reallocated , Reassigned, Repurposed, or Reclassified. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Goes against everything I learned in The Marines. Gibb's Rule 18: "It's far easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

Did not say it was a requirement.

Anyway, also learned to never actually ask a question if I did not already know the answer.

2 + 2 = ...

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

That's a given.  While I expect that permission will be given, since is is a personal experience I'd rather ask first.  And the attribution would be a somewhat general, "A gentleman on a CAS forum who is a medic in an Ohio National Guard unit wrote: "(text)" along with the meme he was responding to.

Memes I will blatantly appropriate without attribution as I figure that where I found them is not the point of origin.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Yep Never stole anything during my 20 years in the Navy. Everything was either Reallocated , Reassigned, Repurposed, or Reclassified. ;) 

E Division always sent our best “relocater” to underway replenishment at sea detail. “Luau Tonight ” was the call. We often ate better than the rest of the crew for a few days. Our Chef was a PO2 from Hawaii. He used an old legless popcorn popper to “grill” steak. Good memories.

CJ

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Sure.

Oh, and we always learned there was only one thief in the Army. Everyone else was just trying to get their crap back.

Edited by DocWard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

Sure.

Oh, and we always learned there was only one thief in the Army. Everyone else was just trying to get their crap back.

Some of the responses so far:

They forgot the Sound Powered Phone Batteries and an HT Punc

From the token Brit:
The new canteen staff at my old establishment were usually asked to make a ‘forward roll’.

Back to the US:
When I was in the Navy, right after boot camp, in a training squadron, I was sent for a "bucket of prop wash". While I was looking I was shown a compound that was used for cleaning propellers. I took a can of it back with me and handed it to the guy that sent me. About six months later I'm in a regular squadron and get sent for "prop wash". I was told that I could secure for the day after I got it. I borrowed a pick up truck, drove over to the P-3 hangar, snagged a can of "propeller cleaner" and enjoyed a good Lunch at their cafeteria. I got back a couple of hours later, tossed the can to the guy who sent me and left for the day. Nothing was ever said.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I borrowed a pick up truck, drove over to the P-3 hangar, snagged a can of "propeller cleaner" and enjoyed a good Lunch at their cafeteria. I got back a couple of hours later, tossed the can to the guy who sent me and left for the day.

bsflag2.jpg.92e8441975ecc016df2e3aa797a7aca5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A newly commissioned officer, (Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa, I was observing our new influx of recruits, who had just been issued their kilts.

While waiting for the Sergeant to form the parade and ready them for inspection, a one fellow was proudly posing for a picture, for his parents.

Two other troopers came up on either side of him and, each grabbing the hem of the kilt hoisted it, leaving no doubt he was Regimental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Well, saysSINCE they are giving grief to Army, Navy and Marines, the author of that (who doesn't know how to spell) must be in the Air Farce.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/27/2023 at 8:58 AM, Pat Riot said:

This reminds me of a dipstick contractor we had doing some testing on our rail cars. He insisted his people call him “Sergeant” as he was a Sergeant in the Army. His name was Thomas. 

He insisted that I call him Sergeant. I did not. 
He got a bit perturbed that I wouldn’t. So much so that he asked the site manager to insist that myself and my crews call him Sergeant. 
I told his manager that this was silly and a waste of time that wasted tax dollars in the process. Then I decided that Thomas should call us, myself and veteran members of my crews, by our former ranks / ratings along with our last names. All together we represented the Navy, Marines, Army and Air Force. 
Thomas relented and that was the end of that nonsense. 

That's CAPTAIN Taylor to you, dipsh--!

Or in my next military foray GUNNY will suit me just right.

Edited by Forty Rod SASS 3935
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That's CAPTAIN Taylor to you, dipsh--!

I think you have that wrong. Your men said “That dipsh** is Captain Taylor” :P

But I can see how you might get that confused. :lol:

• Haha 2