SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Dang those targets are close!!

I believe there were 7 clean shooters on our posse. Goes to show that no target is too big or close to miss.

Hells Comin attracts his share of ladies too.

IMG_1340.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Hells Comin attracts his share of ladies too.

IMG_1340.jpeg

Just not as often as he would like......:D

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I believe there were 7 clean shooters on our posse. Goes to show that no target is too big or close to miss.

IMG_1327.jpeg

But where are the rifle targets?:lol:

They’re having a contest at the restaurant and whoever sells the most Halloween drinks gets a bonus so we ordered a couple of them. Taylor our waitress built them, she didn’t have to try very hard to get us to order them.

IMG_1341.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

They’re having a contest at the restaurant and whoever sells the most Halloween drinks gets a bonus so we ordered a couple of them. Taylor our waitress built them, she didn’t have to try very hard to get us to order them.

IMG_1341.jpeg

A drink for ghouls for sure.  What eatery is this?

36 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

A drink for ghouls for sure.  What eatery is this?

Taco Qiro in Sierra vista. Good food with a big menu.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:46 PM, Yul Lose said:

The bartender at Big Nose Kates, if I lived here I’d start drinking again.

IMG_1304.jpeg

Cheers! I'll have bourbon on the rocks please.

Yul Lose glad you got Border Town and it looks like you have had a great time being there. God Bless & take care pilgrim.

3 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

But where are the rifle targets?:lol:

I ask a similar question when I attend certain shoots except I ask where are the pistol targets?

I see the rifle targets there and then those further back are... 

What? 

Cody Dixon? 

Long Range side match?

But I don't see any pistol targets.

Bordertown is the rare example of having targets right where they belong.  :D

14 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Don't recall any "P" traps,  just speed traps lol.

Hells Comin 

Speed traps for sure.

The participants at the original gunfight at the OK Corral were only 6 feet away. FBI data shows most gunfights are less than 3 yards away. So why not shoot at those distances once in a while? It brings with it a bunch of new challenges. Shooters here are pushing themselves and their equipment to go faster than they ever have before. There's been a lot of gun problems, jacked rifle rounds, procedurals and people self destructing. You also have to swing your guns way farther. Shotgun targets were not closer than normal, and heavier than I've been seeing at other matches. But even when shooters have problems, they are still having a great time. It is a blast!! Every shooter should experience it. 

32 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

The participants at the original gunfight at the OK Corral were only 6 feet away. FBI data shows most gunfights are less than 3 yards away. So why not shoot at those distances once in a while? It brings with it a bunch of new challenges. Shooters here are pushing themselves and their equipment to go faster than they ever have before. There's been a lot of gun problems, jacked rifle rounds, procedurals and people self destructing. You also have to swing your guns way farther. Shotgun targets were not closer than normal, and heavier than I've been seeing at other matches. But even when shooters have problems, they are still having a great time. It is a blast!! Every shooter should experience it. 

Glad I got to shoot it and I’ll be back for sure.

1 hour ago, Chicken George* said:

That should be my new alias, Self Destruction! I was trying so hard doing cross draw I kept putting my cross draw pistol back backwards! On the stage where you could knock down four shotgun targets at once, I knocked two down first shot and shucked a live round!!! I couldn’t get out of my own way!

2 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

Shotgun targets were not closer than normal, and heavier than I've been seeing at other matches.

Apparently the shotgun targets have been set back a bit.  As I recall, they were closer in the past, but there was a lot of splatter.

Getting ready for the Awards Ceremony.

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg

First Place El Patron, Buck Garrett

IMG_1347.jpeg

7th Place Gunfighter, Yul Lose

IMG_1349.jpeg

96 Clean Shooters!!!!

I built a box to donate to the raffle and Trizlee won it.

IMG_1350.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I built a box to donate to the raffle and Trizlee won it.

IMG_1350.jpeg

And she really loves the box!!

Thank you Johnny Meadows and Too Tall Bob for the stages you set, they were awesome. Please do it again for next year.

Congratulations for the winners, the most famous gunfight next to the Gunfight at the Ok Corral!

2 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Yul - I’ll be looking for you next year!

TTB

Wouldn’t miss it,TTB you folks put on one heck of a match. The hook has been set.

12 hours ago, Cholla said:

I got shot in Tombstone!

So did I about 3 times.

3 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

So did I about 3 times.

And, lived to tell about it.  I've read that many did not survive one particular Livery and Corral event at Tombstone.

Thanks for sharing adventures in and about Tombstone.

See ya at Ben Avery, or come on back to Livery for Tumbleweed shoot weekend before EOT.   Unless Too Tall banned you.

Great shoot and a great experience!  Thanks to all that made it happen!

And a big "Howdy" from posse 11....

posse 11e.jpg

It was once again a Great match!! Good fast stages and great people. Posse 13 was great and Sassy Dancer is an awesome posse marshall. Look foward to doing it again next year. Thank you guys for a great time.

Jax T

Thank you to all involved in making Bordertown a fantastic match. It was the most fun Reno and I have had in a long time!  We hope to return next year. 

Congratulations to Hells Comin and Shamrock Sadie as Arizona state champions!  Also, congratulations to Gut C Gunman overall winner!  

Archived