SASS Wire Forum

Awesome words to hear from your wife

Trigger Mike

I was in our room reading and my wife was talking to me and suddenly ran real fast into the bathroom and then came out again.  I asked what happened, to which she replied, “I went to do what you already did, take the laundry basket to the laundry room”.  

it’s rare for me to catch a chore ahead of her.  THEN it got better, she went into the laundry room to load the washing machine and came out and said “thank you “ because I had also started a load of laundry in the machine.  

maybe she will keep me until this afternoon or later.

17 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

One of the hardest things to learn when first married. There is no such thing as women's work or men's work.  Stuff just needs to get done.

Mine spoiled me though.  It took 37 years to get that far.  I’m a slow learner.

The most awesome words I heard from my wife almost daily for 51 years were, "I love you."

I was always a bit startled by that because, as well as I got to know her in  over a half century, I never understood why she loved me.

My God how I miss her.

3 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Relish those moments.   Mark it on the calendar.  They don't come around often.

Funny, she probably did the same thing. :lol:

3 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I was in our room reading and my wife was talking to me and suddenly ran real fast into the bathroom and then came out again.  I asked what happened, to which she replied, “I went to do what you already did, take the laundry basket to the laundry room”.  

it’s rare for me to catch a chore ahead of her.  THEN it got better, she went into the laundry room to load the washing machine and came out and said “thank you “ because I had also started a load of laundry in the machine.  

maybe she will keep me until this afternoon or later.

Mine would have yelled at me for not sorting the clothes correctly, washing on the wrong temp and setting it on the wrong cycle. I have no idea how she does all that and will never try to take it away from her. I do run the dishwasher from time to time and even then she says I load it wrong. I tell her it is because she is left handed and she loads it like a left hander while I load it as a right hander. LOL

TM

4 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

Mine would have yelled at me for not sorting the clothes correctly, washing on the wrong temp and setting it on the wrong cycle. I have no idea how she does all that and will never try to take it away from her. I do run the dishwasher from time to time and even then she says I load it wrong. I tell her it is because she is left handed and she loads it like a left hander while I load it as a right hander. LOL

TM

Mine was so glad I did anything at all that when I admitted I hadn’t sorted she said she was just glad I did it for her.  

22 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Mine was so glad I did anything at all that when I admitted I hadn’t sorted she said she was just glad I did it for her.  

Lucky you. LOL Hopefully nothing came out pink like your underwear.

TM

well , my wife and i agreed a long time ago to do our own laundry or do it together , we dont do it together and havent for 32 years , but then we dont argue about how it came out nor who folds and puts it away , i generally do mine when she is gone so i dont hear any disparaging comments on my ability to sort and such , i got no ;link underwear and most of my cloths are fine ..............i my book anyway , 

when mine isn’t interested in seeing a movie, band or comic she says , “take one of your girl-friends.”

46 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

when mine isn’t interested in seeing a movie, band or comic she says , “take one of your girl-friends.”

Funny you say that! About 30 years ago we were going to a State "HOG" rally on the Harley. That morning Ellie was crampy and didn't want to go and suggested I take our neighbor, Kathy. So I did! No one that knew us would come anywhere near us! You could see people looking and kabitsing (sp). It was kinda funny and not a one mentioned it to Ellie later, although they did ask me later about it.:D

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Awesome words to hear from your wife

You can do whatever you want today.

Yeah, that ranks right up there with I don't want anything for our anniversary or Christmas. Let me know how that goes when you don't get her something.

TM

3 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

Yeah, that ranks right up there with I don't want anything for our anniversary or Christmas. Let me know how that goes when you don't get her something.

TM

I tried that one once.  I did what she said..later I found out I was supposed to read her mind.  I don’t know how you read a jumbled up puzzle box full of pieces.  

Wolfy, if my former wife had said that to me 19 years age.....well.... maybe..... don't know....probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Was listening to much to Tom T. Hall recording  of  "Fastest Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money." 

Youngest son texted me this morning.  Just family talk. Said his wife is off to Portland to visit her folks out there.  He's great with that because he hates Portland and politicaly opposite most everyone out there. So to keep peace, he can't be himself.  But home alone,  he's the master of his on schedule.  But he's burdened with his wife calling him and making sure he has plenty of chores to do. 

Archived