SASS Wire Forum

I just received a dead persons ballot!! %$&^##$^$%&!

Clay Mosby

My Mother passed away in 2019. A couple of months ago, when the mail a ballot to everyone lunacy started I contacted the California Registrar of Voters to inform them that Betty S. Cummins, SS#xxxxxxxx had passed away and would they please remove her name.  A few days later I received an email certifying that it had been received and thanked me for notifying them.

Yesterday I received a ballot in the mail addressed to her!    And then I just heard that Massachusetts just changed their laws so if you voted early and then died before the election your vote would be counted. Got mixed feelings on that one.

This election is going to be one gawd-awful mess!

Contact your local media. Use “their” tactics against them. Complaining here does nothing but make you feel a little better. 

I am sorry to hear about your Mom’s passing. :(

24 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don't / won't vote by mail. Period. I go to the polls or I go tp the Registrar of Voters and drop off my ballot.

Our ballots are mailed to us, we fill them out and then we have 3 choices.  One is put a stamp on it and mail it. The second is drive to the county office and drop it in the drop box. Third is go to county office and personally take it inside and give it to the Clerk. Your choice. The sure beats standing in line for hours to vote.

For twenty-four years Elkhart County was collecting property taxes from me (rightly so) but had my property in a different county!  

I took a day off work so I could cast my ballot in person!

It was her county I notified, and I have notified both local and national news, with nary a peep in response. No surprise there.  About 5 years ago the wife and I signed up for mail in ballot because they kept moving our polling place and sticking it in unsavory areas. I wasn't concerned because I had requested it and we always dropped them off at city hall. 

A friend of mine moved to Kansas 5 years ago and is still getting ballots from CA. 

If it's on a piece of paper, you can have no idea what happens to it once you let go of it.  My vote's going in the machine, where it just might have a chance of being counted.

Howdy,

Over in Chicago 'Vote early vote often'

has been the rule for  some time.

One thing fur sure, if she voted they would have a time

arresting her.

You of course threw it in the recycling......

Best

CR

I made a post about what should do with My Grandmother's ballot a couple weeks back. She dies about 2 years ago and voted in every election and was on the election board several times at the local precinct. After taking some flack and making a couple of Chicago jokes, I shredded it.

I might do a some things that may be a bit borderline when considering the ethical, moral or legal rules, but sending in her vote would not be one of them.

However, all I would have to do is mark it a straight Republican ballot as that would be the way she voted all her life from the things she said during her life. She really did not like Obama and was quite vocal about it. I am not sure what she did with the postcard she got from him on her 100th birthday. in 2014. She was 103 and 1/2 when she died in Jan 2018.

ill vote in person , my wife is an election judge - she always has to vote absentee , we do not cancel each other out , i have mail in vote from the mail , but unless they close our polling place ill be present to vote as all should be .....one vote per citizen , NOT resident , 

Do you folks have Advanced Polls prior to the official election day?

We have a number of days prior to the big day, on which those who are unable to vote on Election Day, for any reason.

Photo ID is requested, the scrutineers cross your name off the voter's list and you are handed a ballot.

Archived