SASS Wire Forum

All Those Tiny Counties

Subdeacon Joe

56 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And the grey areas?  

LL

I have no idea.  No mention on the site.  Even so, that those narrow strips on the west coast and eastern seaboard have a population that equals that of about 2/3 of the land mass of our republic is interesting.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I like these 2 maps from the same website. 

#1 - no explanation needed. 

BEEEFC1C-4705-4DFD-A207-AB142B0B38F2.jpeg.5e4cc3997b04948ad9e21a5999319420.jpeg

#2 - Top states in the USA :D

F471A117-093F-4904-BD82-1647ED2B29DC.jpeg.323e9a1ab1d824ab6e8c61d0aa2ee4d5.jpeg

Why, by golly!

I think you’re absolutely right!  :P

Cat Brules

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And the grey areas?  

LL

They are, of course, the bottom States in hue USA!

Cat Brules

image.jpeg.cf32c2055fc69880a24a32d7c1053573.jpeg
Now I think I see why the global climate warming change people say the water levels are rising on the coast. The coasts are just weighed down by too many people. Good thing it’s balanced or we could tip over like the Island of Guam a few years back... 

https://youtu.be/ITx4aFhASTE

:blink::P:D

7 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Apparently nobody lives there 

Well, if the red area population equals the orange area population, then elections are going to be decided by the folks in the grey areas.  They just became VIPs!

27 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Well, if the red area population equals the orange area population, then elections are going to be decided by the folks in the grey areas.  They just became VIPs!

That’s how things are now, only those VIP places are Iowa and Ohio and Florida etc. Thats the biggest problem with our current system. Too few make up a disproportionate amount of strength and power. But hey, at least Iowa gets to pretend to be important once ever 4 years. Otherwise nobody would know they exist. 

This is why the Electoral College gives those folks a voice.

States like VA and CO recently voted to squelch this voice, by giving 100% of their E.C. votes to the "popular vote winner" (read: welfare cities).

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

This is why the Electoral College gives those folks a voice.

States like VA and CO recently voted to squelch this voice, by giving 100% of their E.C. votes to the "popular vote winner" (read: welfare cities).

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, or NPVIC.

It is now law in fifteen states, plus DC, so in almost 1/3 of the states, your vote is completely meaningless. There is no need, or point, to voting - the state votes for you. If every single person in your state votes for Candidate A, but Candidate B wins the popular vote, all the votes in your state go to Candidate B. And you won't even know who you voted for until the election is over.

:(

Wow I didn't know it was up to 15 states.  What's the threshold they set for when it actually happens?  I assume they require at least half the states to sign on first. 

That's pretty stupid but I am in favor of states apportioning their electoral votes according to the popular vote in the state itself.  I just wanna see California and New York do it Before Texas and Florida do. 

5 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Wow I didn't know it was up to 15 states.  What's the threshold they set for when it actually happens?  I assume they require at least half the states to sign on first. 

That's pretty stupid but I am in favor of states apportioning their electoral votes according to the popular vote in the state itself.  I just wanna see California and New York do it Before Texas and Florida do. 

It's a state by state thing - they found a way to bypass the Electoral College without breaking the law.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

It's a state by state thing - they found a way to bypass the Electoral College without breaking the law.

It's almost like in the play/movie "1776" where N. Carolina always follows the lead of S. Carolina.  
They don't realize just how dangerous that doctrine is, basically ceding power to CA , TX, NY, FL, and IL.

14 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

What's the threshold they set for when it actually happens?  I assume they require at least half the states to sign on first. 

You are correct. The popular vote compact becomes effective when there are enough states signed onto it to direct 270 electoral votes (the number required for a win) to the winner of the popular vote.

If it actually gets to the point where the National Popular Vote Mutual Electoral Suicide Compact effects an election outcome, it's almost certain to get challenged all the way up to SCOTUS. 

11 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

So where do they keep the deplorables?

Best

CR

and have you ever been deplored??????

the British used to transport us to Australia ....... but they stopped doing that some time back ........  ;)

11 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

So where do they keep the deplorables?

Best

CR

and have you ever been deplored??????

We are hidden among the masses (think :the fifth column").

We are always deplored by THAT faction

Archived