SASS Wire Forum

What's hiding in our boat?

My wife discovered tracks on the transom of our boat which has a cover on it to protect it.

5acb6d49e8ba5_AnimalprintsonboatRESIZED.jpg.f0ba1cd84fee097bb8e0d59b04cd441c.jpg  5acb6d465d271_BoatwithcoverRESIZED.jpg.4b49fa89bf631545e66d5a2e36bf1670.jpg 

(actual prints)

I'm not sure what animal or creature is making our boat it's new home, but I keep thinking possibly,

5acb6da23091c_GiantLizardMonster.thumb.jpg.3531c9a6c80202a683ef39ddde193c15.jpg

OR maybe...

5acb6da7a94a4_Dragon1.jpg.07aefcd86048c89a9357011222cca056.jpg

Is there anyone that could alleviate my fears and let me know what to expect when I remove the tarp? :o

Raccoon?

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Raccoon?

Yul Lose:

I like that, a SOLID vote of confidence. So it could be a Raccoon or some other demonic creature. :P

http://www.bear-tracker.com/coon.html

+1

Raccoon

Don’t know what happened to an image I put in here. Just disappeared.

34 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Raccoon?

14 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/coon.html

+1

Raccoon

Don’t know what happened to an image I put in here. Just disappeared.

OK Guys I'll go with raccoon.

Will be taking the tarp off this evening, and will let you know if he/she was still in the boat.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, then it most likely wasn't a raccoon, but a demonic creature, as I feared. :(

11 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

course it could be a rabid coon--just saying :D

Had one of those in my garage a few years ago. It came in through the cat door and tried to bite my wife. I shot it and took the carcass down to the county and it was tested for rabies and came back positive. I’d be careful FKGC.

Definitely not a White Dragon.  White Dragons stay to cold weather. In Florida I would say most likely a Black Dragon as they tend to like swamps or possibly a Green Dragon which are forest dwellers. 

6 minutes ago, Icebox McSnuggles said:

Definitely not a White Dragon.  White Dragons stay to cold weather. In Florida I would say most likely a Black Dragon as they tend to like swamps or possibly a Green Dragon which are forest dwellers. 

Icebox,

Taking your advise, I looked in the yellow pages under Dragon Slayer.

Found a Randy Gaolers who is in this line of work, part-time of course.

5acb839b8a1df_DragonSlayer.thumb.jpg.5ed667965921fe3e40611c5e4fc61a0a.jpg

Ironically, his last name Gaolers means:

5acb88491a0e7_gaolerdefinition.JPG.679405d77915defc1c990095e0ffe1e4.JPG

3 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

OK Guys I'll go with raccoon.

Will be taking the tarp off this evening, and will let you know if he/she was still in the boat.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, then it most likely wasn't a raccoon, but a demonic creature, as I feared. :(

Just take one of your ARs (or better yet an M1A) and some 30-round mags and ventilate the whole thing from end to the other. It may no longer float afterwards but whatever demonic creature is inside will be suitably taken care of. ;)

Definitely raccoon. The hind claws on a weasel are a little farther back and they usually leave prints that are two side by side space and then side by side. Their walk is very different

Looks like coon to me as well. Hope to hear from ya tomorrow Cool Gun!

First of all, silver.
Silver has a terribly high melting point so I would suggest using a hammer and chisel to turn a long handled silver spoon into flechettes, rather than trying to cast silver projectiles; load silver flechettes into a pair of shotgun shells, stoke your double gun and put your best combat gunner behind it.
Base metal is an ancient ward and an effective weapon against otherworldly creatures; a fighting knife on your belt as you ready to remove the tarp:  iron blade if you have it, honed steel if you don't.

If it is a minor dragon (the major ones can't fit in the space available) they will more than likely fly, given an avenue of escape; hold fire if they head for tall timber, as they are endangered, and I've long delighted at the sight of a dragon in silhouette against the sunset.  Juvenile dragons are almost never found far from their nest so more than likely this is a fire lizard, and according to Pernese lore, can be tamed down and make quite delightful companions.  They also bribe as well as any politician so you might wish to have a bowl of meat chunks ready also.

If it's a fire lizard, flip it a chunk of meat and it'll catch it by reflex; once fed, they're your friend.

If it's an immature dragon (the immature variety don't breathe phosphene gas yet, so no danger of fire) and it does not immediately make a good attempt to escape, especially if it turns and hisses at you, ventilate the creature, stake its shot-up carcass to the ground with a length of re-bar and then pour five gallon of consecrated water over it, the beast will dissolve in a big cloud of steam with no residue left behind.

(Fire lizards won't attack.  Immature dragons always either flee or attack.  Easy to tell apart.  Silver flechettes very effective against Draconis spp. as is a length of steel and the juveniles' scales are easily penetrated, unlike the mature variety, but be quick, they are fast, vicious and have very sharp claws and teeth!)

3 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

First of all, silver.
Silver has a terribly high melting point so I would suggest using a hammer and chisel to turn a long handled silver spoon into flechettes, rather than trying to cast silver projectiles; load silver flechettes into a pair of shotgun shells, stoke your double gun and put your best combat gunner behind it.
Base metal is an ancient ward and an effective weapon against otherworldly creatures; a fighting knife on your belt as you ready to remove the tarp:  iron blade if you have it, honed steel if you don't.

If it is a minor dragon (the major ones can't fit in the space available) they will more than likely fly, given an avenue of escape; hold fire if they head for tall timber, as they are endangered, and I've long delighted at the sight of a dragon in silhouette against the sunset.  Juvenile dragons are almost never found far from their nest so more than likely this is a fire lizard, and according to Pernese lore, can be tamed down and make quite delightful companions.  They also bribe as well as any politician so you might wish to have a bowl of meat chunks ready also.

If it's a fire lizard, flip it a chunk of meat and it'll catch it by reflex; once fed, they're your friend.

If it's an immature dragon (the immature variety don't breathe phosphene gas yet, so no danger of fire) and it does not immediately make a good attempt to escape, especially if it turns and hisses at you, ventilate the creature, stake its shot-up carcass to the ground with a length of re-bar and then pour five gallon of consecrated water over it, the beast will dissolve in a big cloud of steam with no residue left behind.

(Fire lizards won't attack.  Immature dragons always either flee or attack.  Easy to tell apart.  Silver flechettes very effective against Draconis spp. as is a length of steel and the juveniles' scales are easily penetrated, unlike the mature variety, but be quick, they are fast, vicious and have very sharp claws and teeth!)

Linn:

5ab91e104f3a1_stopimgonnapee.thumb.jpg.8ebe996691d849845d1d764db0adf55d.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

At least your not finding tracks like that around or on your boat!

894B7ECC-AF23-414F-8892-64F924CA3A86.jpeg

Wapaloosie73:

Are those bear tracks?

It’s a raccoon but those are just the prints from the front feet.

Do not harm this creature. It is probably one of the very rare and endangered Cirque du Soleil Racoons. They walk in a perpetual hand stand and they are very aggressive if they must resort to walking on all fours to defend themselves. It’s believed that their rear feet are very tender and the use of them causes pain so therefore they get angry when in pain.

If you can get video of one walking on it’s hands you can get hundreds of likes and viewings online and you could become a celebrity and an online sensation...all for videoing the feats of another creature. :D

17 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Pacific NW Racoon! They grow big around these parts! :)

Wapaloosie73:

Well, if it's a Pacific NW Raccoon and it only has one glove, I know where to return it. ^_^

17 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s a raccoon but those are just the prints from the front feet.

Do not harm this creature. It is probably one of the very rare and endangered Cirque du Soleil Racoons. They walk in a perpetual hand stand and they are very aggressive if they must resort to walking on all fours to defend themselves. It’s believed that their rear feet are very tender and the use of them causes pain so therefore they get angry when in pain.

If you can get video of one walking on it’s hands you can get hundreds of likes and viewings online and you could become a celebrity and an online sensation...all for videoing the feats of another creature. :D

Pat,

Didn't you mean feets? :blink:

1 minute ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Wapaloosie73:

Well, if it's a Pacific NW Raccoon and it only has one glove, I know where to return it. ^_^

:)

No, that’s a front paw of a Griz. His hind foot that slid looks like Bigfoot.

9EB30CBB-45FF-45E6-982A-3EDA52851EBB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

:)

No, that’s a front paw of a Griz. His hind foot that slid looks like Bigfoot.

9EB30CBB-45FF-45E6-982A-3EDA52851EBB.jpeg

Wapaloosie73:

Now I'm really 5acbcc8e48527_Confused-RESIZED.jpg.b362625a768c925c15afbef5c91c3250.jpg.

Your picture seems indicates a Griz with one foot wearing a boot, another barefoot and missing a glove on one paw? :blink:

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Wapaloosie73:

Now I'm really 5acbcc8e48527_Confused-RESIZED.jpg.b362625a768c925c15afbef5c91c3250.jpg.

Your picture seems indicates a Griz with one foot wearing a boot, another barefoot and missing a glove on one paw? :blink:

No.

The boot print is a curious logger who got to the trackway before I did. The Griz walked through a logging job behind a locked gate. We were elk hunting in there on horse back. 

My glove is just there as a comparison.

Better? ;)

Chupacabra sez I.

19 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Hiding in a boat under the tarp?  Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sez I.

Yeah, him and his pal, Super Max! :lol:

Archived