SASS Wire Forum

AR-15

My guess? If I were still working behind a firearms counter, I would be a busy man.

I have seen people involved in other hobbies asking if they should do something with that hobby, or buy an AR instead.

Where I work, I have not seen any panic buying yet. As long as the talk is about raising the minimum  age to purchase and not outright bans, I dont foresee a huge rush to the gun stores.

Nothing flying off shelves around here. Yet. 

Gun show coming up. Bulk ammo will be a huge seller. 5.56, 9mm, 45acp...

I was gonna sell a S&W M&P AR15 but now I'm keeping it. I haven't shot it yet since I got it in November. Maybe tomorrow I'll break her in!!;)

LGS is frequent has said the only thing moving was smaller semi-auto handguns. He says mostly to women. 

Heck,  even the dreaded infamous "high capacity" magazines are everywhere here. Nothing selling even at low prices.

Cabela's recently had $150 off any Daniel Defense AR and I do not think any takers there either.

That said, NOW IS THE TIME to buy this stuff, if you want it. Low prices and in stock everywhere.

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was gonna sell a S&W M&P AR15 but now I'm keeping it. I haven't shot it yet since I got it in November. Maybe tomorrow I'll break her in!!;)

Was that "November, three months ago", or "November '16, when Clinton might win President and outlaw them"?

Any law passed in haste is a bad law.  Raising the age to purchase semi-auto rifles to 21 will only cause increase in sales of these rifles to 18-20 year olds.

1 hour ago, J.D. Daily said:

Any law passed in haste is a bad law. 

But, but, but... it makes people FEEL better! 

:blink:

2 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Any law passed in haste is a bad law.  Raising the age to purchase semi-auto rifles to 21 will only cause increase in sales of these rifles to 18-20 year olds.

I would change that a bit - any law based on emotion is usually bad law.    Granted, most of those are usually rushed through quickly while sentiments for them run high and before anyone has a chance to think about them.

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

Was that "November, three months ago", or "November '16, when Clinton might win President and outlaw them"?

3 months ago!!! Too cold to shoot it outside and the indoor ranges here are only 50 ft. and one is 75 ft. I'm going to take it tomorrow to the 75 ft. range and see how she handles!;)

Smaller CCH pistols are still good sellers. Sold a few AR's last week and the shop overall had a REAL good week. I'm thinking of sending the President a thank you card, LOL. Our wholesalers are out of the lower priced AR's but plenty of mid-range and above models available. Out of stock on the big high capacity AR drum mags and the lower priced magpuls so yeah, the market is up and will probably keep that up.

21 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

That said, NOW IS THE TIME to buy this stuff, if you want it. Low prices and in stock everywhere.

People being what they are, they'll procrastinate until a ban is proposed and makes serious headway through Congress, THEN they'll rush out to buy what they can.

I was at my favorite local gun store yesterday to shoot at the indoor range. Afterwards I was just milling about looking at guns and there was a guy buying a Henry lever gun. I was looking at AR components and noticing that they had a dozen or more different ARs on the rack when I heard one salesman say to the other, "We've sold 3 lever action rifles today. How weird is that?". I asked if that was odd and they both said "Yes". I asked why and the one fella says "We maybe sell one lever gun every 2 to 3 weeks. We haven't sold an AR in a couple days and I would have thought they'd be flying off the shelves right now but we never sell 3 lever guns in one day unless there is a big sale."

Go figure...But I am going to buy some components that I need to build this latest AR because I have a feeling things are going to get STUPID again.

The local gun shops near me don't even stock any lever actions. If you want a Henry you have to go to one of the chain stores that only sell hunting-type rifles. Forget about finding a Uberti or Miroku on the shelf except once in a great while at Cabelas. And no single-action revolvers either except Ruger. Everybody stocks nothing but AR-15s, Glocks and tactical-style shotguns. These are the same guys complaining about business being bad the last year. Maybe if they diversified a little they wouldn't be in this mess???

I guess I am lucky...

Around here used JM Marlins come up CHEAP all over the place several times a year. Last year alone I snagged a 44 mag 1894 and another JM 336 30-30 both in 95% condition. I LOVE me some lever guns. Oh, and they ain't evil, neither. :o

I am always looking out for a lever gun.

But returning to our regularly scheduled AR programming...

A deal on a Daniel Defense would not hurt my feelings neither. ;)

Archived