SASS Wire Forum

"No Trespassing" Sign

Subdeacon Joe

Love it!

I recollect seeing a sign on a bobwire fence post, north of Lewistown, Montana, that said something like, "POSTED! No hunting, no trespassing, no shooting...DON'T ASK! This notice ranged for a .300 Weatherby Magnum. Survivors will be prosecuted. And we haven't had any to prosecute lately!" Standing right behind the sign was a herd of pronghorns! Looks like they knew where they were safe! :D

I recollect seeing a sign on a bobwire barbwire fence post, north of Lewistown, Montana, that said something like, "POSTED! No hunting, no trespassing, no shooting...DON'T ASK! This notice ranged for a .300 Weatherby Magnum. Survivors will be prosecuted. And we haven't had any to prosecute lately!" Standing right behind the sign was a herd of pronghorns! Looks like they knew where they were safe! :D

there, fixed it for ya.

You ain't a westerner, are ya?

Yep, I am

Bobwire (often mispronounced barbed wire) is a special type of fencing material designed to subtly discourage trespassers by gouging out chunks of their flesh.

another

Barbed wire, also known as barb wire, less often bob wire or, in the southeastern United States, bobbed wire, is a type of steel fencing wire constructed with ...

I recollect seeing a sign on a bobwire barbwire fence post,

Bobwire (often mispronounced barbed wire) is a special type of fencing material designed to subtly discourage trespassers by gouging out chunks of their flesh.

another

Barbed wire, also known as barb wire, less often bob wire or, in the southeastern United States, bobbed wire, is a type of steel fencing wire constructed with ...

Notwithstanding colloquial expressions and their recognition and acceptance in common parlance, would it then not be correct to say "I recollect seeing a sign on a barbed wire fence post?" It seems Merriam-Webster prefers "barbed wire" over "barbwire."

Hit's bobwire around here. Except where it's Gaucho Brand, then it's just sorry.

Notwithstanding colloquial expressions and their recognition and acceptance in common parlance, would it then not be correct to say "I recollect seeing a sign on a barbed wire fence post?" It seems Merriam-Webster prefers "barbed wire" over "barbwire."

Never seen me a fence post made of barbed wire.

i believe I'd put: "If you can see this sign, I can see you." on it. ;)

And all the wire I have is Bob wire. ;)

Never seen me a fence post made of barbed wire.

They're woven together until they form a post. The latest rage in rural nowheresville.

i believe I'd put: "If you can see this sign, I can see you." on it. ;)

And all the wire I have is Bob wire. ;)

will this qualify for Bob wire, Bob?

Concertina wire or Dannert Wire[1] is a type of barbed wire or razor wire that is formed in large coils which can be expanded like a concertina. In conjunction with plain barbed wire and steel pickets, it is used to form military wire obstacles.[2]

will this qualify for Bob wire, Bob?

Concertina wire or Dannert Wire[1] is a type of barbed wire or razor wire that is formed in large coils which can be expanded like a concertina. In conjunction with plain barbed wire and steel pickets, it is used to form military wire obstacles.[2]

That's anti-Bob wire. I'd like to have a nickle for every concertina cut I got.:(

I'm not from Texas, but I understand some down there pronounce it "bob war"! As in, "He got hung up in the war!" I'll tell you one thing: Up in Montana, when the wind is out of the Northeast, there's nothing between you and the Great Slave Lake...but a barbed wire fence! :o;)

No Trespassing!

Armed Response!

........... or ..............

¡No Entrada, Cabron!

¡Cuidado de Escopeta!

I'm not from Texas, but I understand some down there pronounce it "bob war"! As in, "He got hung up in the war!" I'll tell you one thing: Up in Montana, when the wind is out of the Northeast, there's nothing between you and the Great Slave Lake...but a barbed wire fence! :o;)

It's not war, it's wahr. Everybody knows that. :D

I used to know a landownner years ago whose signs said "Tresspassers will be violated".

Not so much. Virtually every Spanish conversation I hear, often intended to exclude anglos, contains this word. The word is very often NOT an Insult in conversation and, it's not an insult in this "sign," either. It's intended to be an exclamation with a familiar colloquial, to catch attention. Not so easy to read? I wouldn't say that.

It's burger king to me, have it your way. I'm not an expert and I've also never seen it on a no trespassing sign in the countries I've been to. As an idiom it's used with familiar folks the same way we use @$$****. Sort of a could go either way slang that doesn't fit on a formal sign. I'm CDO I guess.

Actually that would be a barbed wire fence with sagebrush piled against it. Trust me I know. I had to replace a lot of it at my family's farm in NE Montana when I was younger.

It's burger king to me, have it your way. I'm not an expert and I've also never seen it on a no trespassing sign in the countries I've been to. As an idiom it's used with familiar folks the same way we use @$$****. Sort of a could go either way slang that doesn't fit on a formal sign. I'm CDO I guess.

Well, I've never seen it on a "formal" sign either. It is a half-joke, like all the OTHER goofy signs noted herein. Some of those "signs" appear to have made it into print... .could make things difficult for the landowner, really. I think my "sign" is more cautionary than threatening. But, if I do decide to use it, I offer no apologies to any trespassers, whatever their ethnic or racial origin. I'm strictly impartial there. if bilingual is suggested, this one is that. Anyway, I'm intimately familiar with at least some common uses of the term, and I have a lifetime friend who's gone by a contraction of the term since he was a very young boy. He, nor I and our pards consider it insulting, either.

The sign I actually did make and then later removed, was much simpler:

TRESPASSERS,

SURVIVORS

SHOT

Some didn't care for it, so now i use signs the Sheriff likes and distributes at no cost. Oh well........

Archived