SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range

Grizzly Dave

I remember last yr. when the deluge started & I was at the loading table. Then standing at the expediter table with both long gun barrels pointed straight up, Squeaky trying to cover me with her slicker. Mostly I'm wondering if the BP shells in my SKB were getting saturated. Musta' had a good crimp 'cause they went off when they were supposed to. I was last to shoot on our posse before they shut it down. Cleaned the stage but it weren't very fast! :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slim and I are 454 and 455. Do ya think there may be some mistake? :blush:

Maybe Slim & I are twins, bwahhahaha

I'll look again, we must be 456 & 457

Booked the flight. Soon we will get the car and room. Can't do it all at once or sticker shock will set in. Haven't been there in a few years and really looking forward to it. Also any suggestions on a good place to stay near the range and food would be appreciated. Thanks

Are you going to have a shave before Winter Range or are you going to have a shave at Winter Range You know it will be 95 down there and a shave may help the shooting in the rain. LOL

Gardner Kid

Hi Grizz!

I'll be happy to see you again!

The French cow boys are setting up a "La Fayette" Brigade"...

W'll be at least 4 at WR: Frenchie Boy, Redneck Mike, Mark Ed & mysefl!

Will be tough to swim accross the Atlantic at winter time! Sea is gonna be quite cold...

Jef

Grizz, you're in luck. Even if I wanted to do a repeat, I still wouldn't be able to come charging at you like a bull in the parking lot. Guess I'll have to figure out another way to scare the bejeebuz out of you. :lol:

Just seeing yer face does that! :P

BC & CC,

I remember one particular year you both were there. Hard to forget that one.

bb

if you're talking about the first year I went when they they threw out our four best stages?

Per Game & fish dept. The drainage issue has been resolved. I predict no rain this year, we've been getting a lot of rain over the last couple of months so Mother Nature should be all rained out by the time WR rolls around !⚡

The weather is just another feature of Winter Range that makes it special. "its just like a box of chocolates you never know what you'll get"

I wasn't there last year, but in the 10 yrs or so that I've gone, it has rained only 3 times, and the year before last, not on main match days....

Maybe we should have a pool to wager on the chances of rain. I figure we can use the pool that forms on Bay 1.

I am bringing mud boots. Twice burned soaked.

Maybe we should have a pool to wager on the chances of rain. I figure we can use the pool that forms on Bay 1.

I am bringing mud boots. Twice burned soaked.

Don't forget to wager on SNOW.......

Don't forget to wager on SNOW.......

Yup, when I was there two years ago we had snow. The whole valley was freaking out, and I was like, what, you call this snow? Not even enough to call a short skiff...

We had fun in that sleet storm. I was rangering and we were called to save the main tent from collapse. About 6 inches of slush and ice water around the tent and sagging in the top around the edges.

That there taught me to bring the Wellies the next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Got our confirmation today, shooter 643,644 and 645. Can't wait. Rayna Terrors first winter Range..

Hi Grizz!

I'll be happy to see you again!

The French cow boys are setting up a "La Fayette" Brigade"...

W'll be at least 4 at WR: Frenchie Boy, Redneck Mike, Mark Ed & mysefl!

Will be tough to swim accross the Atlantic at winter time! Sea is gonna be quite cold...

Jef

Moi aussi - Safe travels

CR

shot 2013 had snow, rain, Micro Burst. cold wet muddy. Had fun, 1st. time shooting WR going back this year was # 81, hotel conformation at Extended stay hotel. Gonna try to get Wednesday off so I can shoot Plainsman match. Rifle ammo loaded, shooting C&B pistols just gotta load shotgun ammo can't wait. see everyone there.

Rafe

Think positive.....sunshine all week like 2011 & 2012 well bring the sun from Aussie.

Archived