SASS Wire Forum

Ya know when you are no longer a Greenhorn

Wyatt

You cleaning guns only when they need it.

You stop worrying about every wood ding on your long guns

You look in your closet......one side has just Cowboy clothes

Most of your friends have an Alias

This will get us started...........feel free to add to the list

When it only takes one timer to complete your stage....

When you notice the counters are not napping when you shoot....

When you are no longer just the brass guy.....aint it grand though....Jim

Wow, I guess I ain't no greenhorn no more! I can relate to most of those.

When you don't care what day of the month it is but know where the match is this weekend.

When you answer to your alias better than your real name.

When you start planning family vacations around what shoots you can attend while there.

When dr appts, weddings, birthday parties, vacations etc. are all planned around and contingent upon where you will be shooting certain weekends.

And when you get a new year calendar the first thing you do is fill in all the matches you will shoot during the year and also note the long travel matches, state/regional & annual club matches. THEN you see what days are left for anything else!

You have a safe for all your cowboy guns and another safe for everything else.

You have to start thinking about which category you are going to shoot and which guns you will use several days before the next match.

You have enough "stuff" to fully equip 3 or 4 new shooters that might show up.

When you dream about shooting. OR When you are asked to stand on one leg for 30 seconds by a nice police officer, you imagine shooting a 10-10-6 stage in your head.

Fillmore

When you dream about shooting. OR When you are asked to stand on one leg for 30 seconds by a nice police officer, you imagine shooting a 10-10-6 stage in your head.

Fillmore

Okay there is a story here. Details are needed.

When your fellow category competitors stat saying things like "Have you ever considered shooting a different category?"

Most of your vacation is spent traveling to or shooting at CAS matches.

Most??? Try all!!

When you need to attend a "civilian" event, and all you have for fancy duds are cowgirl clothes!!

Don't know about cowgirl clothes but my best dress-shoes are cowboy boots. :unsure:

when you can sleep the night before a match! Hasnt happened to me yet. I wake up every hour ready to go shoot!

Alas, I am a perpetual Greenhorn. Each time seems like the first. ;)

when you can sleep the night before a match! Hasnt happened to me yet. I wake up every hour ready to go shoot!

Bout the only thing that will get me outta bed early on a Saturday morning is a match.

Alas, I am a perpetual Greenhorn. Each time seems like the first. ;)

I can relate to that as well.

When your son tells you he is planning on getting married and the wedding is the same weekend as your favorite state match.

Ok, I guess I'm going to the wedding........

Well BLB....the least ya could do is to wear your speshul shoes to the wedding so's you can be wif us at Ambush in spirit :D :D

Well BLB....the least ya could do is to wear your speshul shoes to the wedding so's you can be wif us at Ambush in spirit :D :D

Yea, I know..The things we do for our children. But did he have to pick Ambush weekend?

When your hands no longer shake before or after the stage.

When you call your brother at work, ask for him by his alias and........they know who you're talking about.

When pards come up and ask you "How have you been and how's your dad" and you have no idea who they are.

When you've had to replace your guncart (twice) because it is just too worn out and weather beaten.

When you are the only one who remembers the Air Force "missing man fly over" at Dang It Dan's 40th birthday.

Groundhog Day!

Wake up ever day to shoot your favorite match

I like it

Now; I could live with that!

Your pards call you a "gamer" and you take it as a compliment.

Archived