SASS Wire Forum

Ya know when you are no longer a Greenhorn

Wyatt

Ya meet a Pard for the first time and they tell ya they have been following you on the wire for a long time.

Howdy Pards.............Y'all know who you are :blink::D

When your son tells you he is planning on getting married and the wedding is the same weekend as your favorite state match.

Ok, I guess I'm going to the wedding........

Well Bob, what can I say... We'll miss you.

I think you are no longer a "greenhorn" when people who started after you start beating you on a regular basis. I seem to be the first "target" for shooters on their way up the ladder.

Badlands Bob,

Krazy Kajun

Soon to be Rainmaker Dave

And about everyone else!

Yea, I know..The things we do for our children. But did he have to pick Ambush weekend?

Howdy Badlands Bob,

Was it your son who choose the day or your future daughter in law?

When your son tells you he is planning on getting married and the wedding is the same weekend as your favorite state match.

Ok, I guess I'm going to the wedding........

In 2012 my son informed me he was getting married the same weekend as Comin' at Cha. I immediately took him out of the will and informed him of such. He laughed and said something about it like being told you weren't drawing interest on the change in your pocket. No respect, I tell ya. :)

When eight time world champion - Silver City Rebel - watched me shoot a stage and said "Not too bad for a dumb ol' girl"... Silver City is a big Beverly Hillbillies Fan. I remember thinking "Wow - that was so rude - he must like me!" Witch Doctor

Guess I will aways be a greenhorn.I don't sheep good even before a bi-monthly at Orange.I am in awe every time I get to see and shoot with the really fast shooters.I have more fun every time I get to go shoot even at a bi-monthly.I love to see my SASS family and it bothers me to not see them.I love to reload and I like cleaning and working on my guns.I like to dress up in my cowboy stuff.Thanks to all that make this game the best game for me.

You know you're no longer a greenhorn when you have more than 100 posts on the wire!

I blew through that a few weeks ago :unsure:

Howdy all,

Just read everything. By some accounts I am still a Greenhorn and others experienced. What color is between green and the crusty old timers? :huh::huh: That would be me.

When you think Ballistol would be a good after shave. When your laying in bed thinking with pistols! One on one, three on two, one on three. Repeat! Start any direction. No dirty sweeps!!

Ya know when you are no longer a Greenhorn...when cowpokes start giving you bad advice.

When gals at shoots remember you and want a hug.....instead of running from me.

When part of the plan to go to a big shoot is making sure you have enough alcohol and cigars.

Before a big shoot going through the checklist to make sure you have everything.

When you are allowed to be an RO at a big shoot.

When a P or misses doesn't send you off tilt....like this past weekend....6 misses and 2 P's over 12 stages....Oh well..

KK

When you have 3 gunsmiths on speed dial.

Lafitte :)

When you have a '97 gunsmith on retainer..... :o

When you tell your best friend that your '97 is in the shop and he knows you're talking about a SG.

..........Widder

When ya pretty much know every "state" sweep there is!! :lol:

Rye

You know you're no longer a greenhorn when you have more than 100 posts on the wire!

I dunno... I'm pretty green.

Archived