SASS Wire Forum

What is it that you just HAD TO HAVE?

Two Spurs

Good grief...All those years of single stage loading....

I was given an original Square Deal and thought I was up-town! :)

Years later I then I picked up the newer model SD from a pard who won it in one of our raffles! Two loaders! Living large! :D

Fast forward to 2013 Christmas bonus and I made the plunge to buy a Dillion 650! (Just set it up this month and have ran several hundred through it.) Smooth trails and clear water for this cowboy! :D

Only problem is... Now I MUST HAVE a case feeder because I run out of brass in the tube too quick... <_<

When does it stop? :lol:

Never....Ran a stoeger SxS double trigger for years...just had to have a single trigger

bought one worked great....just had to have an 97 Winchester...worked great....just had

to have an SKB ...bought a 100 model...worked great ....just had to have a 200E model...

Guess what i'm shooting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly, knowing how many guns you have means you don't have enough...

Jef

buy the case feeder you will never be sorry

Clearly, knowing how many guns you have means you don't have enough...

I keep a list on my phone to facilitate that condition. "Let's see... I don't have anything in .44-40 yet..."

To be able to get up every morning and lots more guns.

Years later I then I picked up the newer model SD from a pard who won it in one of our raffles! Two loaders! Living large! :D

Fast forward to 2013 Christmas bonus and I made the plunge to buy a Dillion 650! (Just set it up this month and have ran several hundred through it.) Smooth trails and clear water for this cowboy! :D

Only problem is... Now I MUST HAVE a case feeder because I run out of brass in the tube too quick... <_<

I believe there is a 3rd party bullet feeder too. :)

Hats!!!

1.Started with a black leather wide brim low crown that I had before SASS.

2.Brown felt gus crown from River Junction.

3.Palm leaf planters which has been reshaped to a sombrero.

4.Hondo felt from River Junction.

5.Silver belly fur felt reshaped to be Conagher.

6.Tan felt hat won at Fandango...reshaped and aged to be Festus.

7.Black short brim kinda like a derby.

8.Old silver belly Fur felt shaped for my Buffalo Bill Cody hat.

9.Black felt hat wide brim low crown.

10. Brownish color (Camel?) fur felt

11. Liked my Conagher so much got another for every day wear

1-4 paid full price.

5-11 bought at thrift stores, E-bay or won. Reshaped, aged, made hat bands...etc

Dang I shouldn't have counted them. Maybe my wife's right I have a hat addiction.

What I would love to have and I am looking is Uberti 1858 SS with 5 1/2" barrels and the conversion cylinders.I dream of ruger old army SS with 5 1/2" barrels and the cylinders.Why not dream BIG.

• Well this likely isn't what you were looking for but every time I hear that question I think back when I was a youngster with my mom in a department store I kept telling her "I want it". Of course like many others at that time money was scarce and had to be stretched for necessities. I don't even remember what "it" was but I vividly remember after a while I finally got it. Yup - a first class on my behind whooping that would have likely had mom in jail today for abusing a child in public. Makes me laugh when I think about it!

Now for your question when I was a kid I always loved those lever action rifles I saw on TV. I got a 22 bolt action Cooey when I was on the farm but one of my proudest days was when I finally got that Model 1873 Winchester Rifle!!!!

I've been wanting an Uberti 1860 ever since I saw one at Galyan's back in 1996. I picked one up last month :wub: I don't think it was fired since the factory.

I'm still wanting a matching set of nickeled 44-40 revolvers with 4 1/2" barrels. Looks like I'll have to special order them.

Last on the list this year is a Remington Versamax Competition shotgun. I'll have no excuses left for doing poorly on 3-gun :lol:

Boy Howdy, I'd allow as this thread is quite the can of worms.

Shooter logic is pretty funny......How many of you have spent dough on parts for guns you don't even own yet? I'm guilty of this one many times over.

That's just it, pard. It never stops! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

....I believe there is a 3rd party bullet feeder too. :)

Ha- last night my shooting partner/bride Sunny Spurs was sitting in the loading room with me and I had the great idea of her grabbing brass out of the coffee can and putting it in the tube while I was stuffing lead and pulling the handle. ^_^ I must have been talking really low and she was probably concentrating on something else because she didn't respond- I don't think she heard me.... :lol:

One Dillon case feeder and a few more tubes coming soon to my ranch! :D

Ran a 650 w/o a casefeed for 2 years.

Saw a 2nd hand casefeed (not dillon) on the Wire and bought it.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Am I shouting? Heck ya. Do yourself a favor, get one.

Dillon or knock off, it don't matter the production will soar.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

You guys and your casefeeders.......what's next, short stoke kits? :D

I'll load my 600 per hour with my 550........so quit tempting me.........really, quit it..........I mean it...............................stop.

Damn it, now i hear the voices again.

CS

Amen, I want a new Winchester pretty bad.

Absolutely! I've never fired a Miroku lever gun, but I've heard nothing but good things. I can say from experience that the Brown Besses made by Miroku are built like tanks and take a lot of abuse from the reenactors that own them.

The Winchesters are absolutely terrible. Ya don't want one. Really. Not till I've got mine, then you can have one. No, really, they are beautiful. Got one for my daughter -now I want one bad too. Next year, maybe.

When I first got into CAS back in 2006 I went to a match and saw a pard shooting a Lightning rifle. I thought man that's pretty cool and then I heard all the horror stories. I saw an ad in a magazine for the Berretta Goldrush. "The one that works" it said. Well I got one and it didn't work. Jammed almost every stage. It kept feeding a cartridge under the carrier. I sent it back to Berrettas repair center and got it back four months later, no problem found. Well sure enough the first time I tried to use it at the range it did the same thing. I attended EOT in 2007 and talked to the Berretta rep and she had me send it back to the factory in Italy, I believe it was Uberti. They had it almost a year and it came back with the same problem.

Along comes the Pedersoli and I'd heard a lot of good things about them, so I bought one from EMF in .45 Colt. I loved the rifle but man the blow back every shot was terrible and if you didn't keep the action clean the cartridge stop lever would stick and a cartridge would feed under the carrier. Well I talked to a pard, Loose Latigo and that's all he uses is Pedersoli Lightnings in 44-40 and he has no problems. Well I bought one and after working out a couple of little glitches and finding the ideal cartridge length that rifle flat out shoots. I now have six of them and the original .45 Pedersoli is being rebareled to 44-40. They may not be as fast as the lever guns but I like being a little different.

You guys and your casefeeders.......what's next, short stoke kits? :D

I'll load my 600 per hour with my 550........so quit tempting me.........really, quit it..........I mean it...............................stop.

Damn it, now i hear the voices again.

CS

Sun,

I am S-S-S-S-LLLLLOOOOWWWW.

I need ALL the help I can get.

600 an hour?!?

I'm happy to get 400.

Now you understand why I don't shoot with the HSP. :lol: :lol:

(Sorry about the voices)

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Whatever you do don't buy the case feeder off of Ebay. I did and what I got was a piece of S$#@!~

I finally bought one directly from Dillon and, well all I can say is WOW!

Frenchy

What is it that you just HAD TO HAVE?

That 16 year old long hair brunette wearing a white short waitress uniform with the wiggling hips.

44 years later and I still got her. :wub:

Archived