SASS Wire Forum

Shot Show! Who has seen any new toys we would want?

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

I believe the Chiappa rep should know the difference between a single shot handgun and a single action handgun.

Somebody should have caught that.

The little color-cased carbine clone of the Marlin 39 looked kind of neat although with the barrel bands and skinny barrel it would be unlikely to match the accuracy of my '81 vintage 39A

Not that I have any money at the moment but I can wish based on your descriptions can't I? So let us know what you saw and let us share your visit.

Nimble Fingers

Glock 42 for the wife, DPMS 308 gen II, couple of other things.

I had a good, long talk with the Ruger folks, who took the time to sit me down with one of their chief engineers. Those guys really care about their product, and how it is received by the cowboy world.

The Navy Arms 1873s are gorgeous, and have touches that any cowboy shooter will really appreciate; the question is, is it too lovely to throw down on a table?

Winchester is upping the ante with new calibers, and octagonal barreled models.

The Henry all-American Henry is drop dead gorgeous. I want one.

Damn, it's a good time to be a cowboy.

Cheers,

FJT

p.s. I'm not going to say this very loud, but there was vocal speculation about a possible new 1897 Winchester. From a manufacturer who should already have been making them for years. Anyone interested?

Bone z. Got $$$$ down on a DPMS Recon! Another OT day like today & it will b mine!! Just home after putting a convicted felon in jail. Recovered a Colt woodsman from his waistband w/ the SN ground off. Can u say 15 years federal time. DSH

Colt woodsman? That's not just a federal crime-that's a travesty!

I had a good, long talk with the Ruger folks, who took the time to sit me down with one of their chief engineers. Those guys really care about their product, and how it is received by the cowboy world.

The Navy Arms 1873s are gorgeous, and have touches that any cowboy shooter will really appreciate; the question is, is it too lovely to throw down on a table?

Winchester is upping the ante with new calibers, and octagonal barreled models.

The Henry all-American Henry is drop dead gorgeous. I want one.

Damn, it's a good time to be a cowboy.

Cheers,

FJT

p.s. I'm not going to say this very loud, but there was vocal speculation about a possible new 1897 Winchester. From a manufacturer who should already have been making them for years. Anyone interested?

I'm in!

Hmm. In the first video, the young man features the new Uberti Competition, with a 20" barrel, factory short stroke kit, and a shotgun butt stock.

The return of the Berretta Renegade!!!

Laz

Got in on Monday and went straight to the range...Was at the H&K section...Don't remember the model number but you open the top and bring in the belt from the left...Empties fall out on the right...It goes bang bang very fast...Do you think if I add a wooden stock the Cowboys would let me use it?? Just thought I would ask...

TL

TL;

Good seeing you and your daughter at the show! My only concern with you using that belt-fed HK, is you still might be a bit slower than some of the top guns in this sport...

:-o!

Broncho; I'll trade you that Henry for a few of your fine 1873s!

Cheers,

FJT

Got in on Monday and went straight to the range...Was at the H&K section...Don't remember the model number but you open the top and bring in the belt from the left...Empties fall out on the right...It goes bang bang very fast...Do you think if I add a wooden stock the Cowboys would let me use it?? Just thought I would ask...

TL

I would if I can shoot it too...I do love my HK's...

Thanks all who replied. I am trying to save up for a new Winshester 73, octagon long barrel in .44-40 and I would sell my Cimnarron 73 in .44 spcl to get it! And I would be intersted in a new Winchester 97 too! I saw the other post on the shot show, but if anyone left anything out please continue the thread. I saw the Gunblast videos, but have been spoiled by just the still shots in past years and I guess they are not doing that this year.

Archived