SASS Wire Forum

Thank you Vietnam War veterans

...as today being recognized as the 50th anniversary of that war our heartfelt appreciation to those who served and sacrificed - May God bless you and your families for your service and duty.

Thank you - forever...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hey - THUMBS UP - as Roger Ebert would say.

We were young - and strong - and did our duty.

Now - many of us are paying the price: PTSD, Effects of Agent Orange,

diabetes, cancer, etc.

But - I sure thank you for the recognition.

- Boneyard Bill

And let me add a thank you and salute to the nameless/faceless CIA officers who paid the ultimate price throughout SE Asia and to the Air America, Continental Air Services, Inc.and other crewmen who died supporting them. What they did may never be known but they are not forgotten.by those of us who worked alongside them.

I thank all of our service men and women around the world for there service .

And our freedome .

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Thanks. Your support is appreciated. We didn't get any when we came home.

I'll add my thanks as well!! :FlagAm:

I do appreciate all the Thank You's on this date.

We didn't get nothing worth mentioning when we got back to the world.

Bottles...........for all brothers and sisters in arms that served with me...........bar is wide open........

And I'll have three glasses of Bulliet for my brothers who is still on patrol. :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Like 'Pache said ...all the Thank You's are very nice now. We sure didn't get them back then. Since the tabs are open...Bottles; I'll have my usual bucket of Beer and a Cold Mug with a Bulliet chaser. I'll just go sit at my table under the stairway and look at memories that come flooding in.

Big (whats glad he made it Home) Jake

Long long ago on a planet far far away I was in the service of a country and society that no longer exists. We thought it was important to keep promises to allys, to try to help others win their freedom to chose and enjoy the independence we had. We won all the battles but nobody cared. We signed a peace agreement, got our POW's back and were told we lost. We came home to scorn and ridicule. We were not loved for doing our duty, or honored for fighting for the freedom of others. It was the noblest of causes and earned us the title of Baby killer. While we were away the country changed and for many we were never able to go home for home was no more. For the most part we have adjusted to our new home and went on with our lives knowing that something important had changed in America but not really knowing what. Now it seems many have come to the same conclusion and are trying to find a way back to the time when we were proud of our country, proud to be Americans, willing to sacrifice our fortunes, our lives and our sacred honor in her cause. I wish I could say I see the day coming but in truth I think the sacrifice was in vain. We are ancient history, disgraced, and marked as losers. The country blunders on without the direction of real heroes, without divine inspiration or any goal other than self fulfillment and greed. The only small vintage of honor remaining resides in the men and women in the military who still think the dream worthwhile and among my fellow vets and a few of you that remember what America once was. Thank you for your thanks, I only wish it had done some good.

Bugs

It was what it was.

Thanks GG

"Thanks" just doesn't seem enough, but there are no other words.

Thanks and welcome home, y'all.

It is indeed appreciated that folks recognize our service then, as well as give thanks now to those who serve today.

We did NOT lose, but a vocal group our countrymen (few here, I'd reckon) and politicians gave up and unfunded any effort to save SV. We let a lot of our allies there die horribly.

That has been the book on us since then. The same folks who forced us out of SV are now running the country. We abandoned Iraq (Biden failed to successfully negotiate a status of forces agreement) and they are moving under the influence of Iran now (allowing supply overflights into Syria for Assad).

Thanks GG, appreciate the thoughts.

Archived