SASS Wire Forum

Gotta brag, finally got my dream gun.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Finally was able to get my all time most lusted after gun. Anyone that has spent anytime with me knows that I have a major Shofield want. Picked up this beauty today DREAM GUN . Yup it's a Smith and Wesson 2000 in the presentation case and it's a tack driver. Just need to get a mate to it.

Guest Pukin Dog, SASS#55356-Life

Deuce,

Beautiful piece of artwork. That is my dream gun also. Not that I'll shoot it 1/10 as fast as you :lol:

Heee Haaa Doots old buddy, Let me shoot it,Let me shoot it..I'll even load the ammo for it my own self... :lol:

That looks to pretty to shoot.. :D

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo(whoes enveyous) :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Way Kewl Deuce.......... :FlagAm:

And I know you are a busy guy with a young family an such........and since I am retired ..and have lots of free time.....I'd be more than glad to break it in for you....... :blush: ...Just sayin... B)

regards..Wolf

Finally was able to get my all time most lusted after gun. Anyone that has spent anytime with me knows that I have a major Shofield want. Picked up this beauty today DREAM GUN . Yup it's a Smith and Wesson 2000 in the presentation case and it's a tack driver. Just need to get a mate to it.

Hey I'll trade ya 3 packs of gum and my pet Rattlesnake for it!!! Lol.

Congrats Steve!!! You know I'm totally jealous!

Congratulations Duece-Great pistol. They are getting rare. I meet you at Winter Range. Cody James dad. Meet you through Colt Faro. I've got a new unfired Smith and Wesson Performance 2000 Schofield with orginal box and presentation case. Have been wanting to sell, but never put it on the wire. Send me an email.

Nice gun Pard !

You will need to bring it to Rockford for the next shoot . :unsure:

So we all can fondle the dream gun ! :blink:

nice gun. I thought about them too--- for a minute! But figured they were a tad pricey for this game. Glad you got one--- sounds like maybe you will soon have a pair? :lol:

Congratulations!As you know ( cause. You've seen them) I've shot a cnsecutive pair of S&W Scofields since 2001, with Happy Trails conversion(true genius),ivory grips,the works.Fantastic gun.You will love it!Enjoy!A great buy at any price!

Congratulations!As you know ( cause. You've seen them) I've shot a cnsecutive pair of S&W Scofields since 2001, with Happy Trails conversion(true genius),ivory grips,the works.Fantastic gun.You will love it!Enjoy!A great buy at any price!

What's a "Happy Trails Conversion"?

What's a "Happy Trails Conversion"?

It allows the guns to be slip hammered. I'm sure you know but as they sit you can be no where near the trigger when cocking the Schofield. Happy Trails no longer does these, at least not for the general public.

You luckly dog. My dream gun, a Ruger Single-Six being converted to 41 Special, has been at the gunsmith for 22 months with no completation date in the foreseeable future. My hunch is I will not see it this year.

Congrats Deuce! Schofields are cool. Reminds me of ole Charlie from the most recent 310 to Yuma. Loved Ben Foster in that character......one of my fav's.

Enjoy!

Is this gun for the mantle or are you going to have backups for pistol reload stages?

Beautiful gun.

I intend to shoot the snot out of it. Just because. I got into this game cause I loved the historical guns and gear. I have kinda rediscovered what drew me into CAS and SASS and am really having a good time with it. Still love to burn it down. But also having a good time playing a cowboy again.

Hey Deuce. Just remember that when Smith&Wesson issued these guns , they were redesigned without a gas ring to make the cylinder

longer. Originally in .45 S&W (Schofield)they were shot with Black Powder and needed a gas ring on the front of the cylinder.

To make room for the .45 Colt chamber, a longer cylinder without the gas ring was used. If you try to shoot Black Powder, it will bind up really quick. 1 or 2 cylinders full and you need to clean it. Just sayin'

Big Jake

1332157531[/url]' post='2394843']

It allows the guns to be slip hammered. I'm sure you know but as they sit you can be no where near the trigger when cocking the Schofield. Happy Trails no longer does these, at least not for the general public.

100% correctI just spoke with Bill last week,but not about SchofieldsHe no longer has the machine parts needed for the conversion. Bill's work was pure art! The last Schofield conversion he did as I recall, was on my best Pal's Scofields and that was at least 3-4 years ago.He is the only Gunsmith on earth that ever worked on my Schofields as most all cowboy gunsmiths really don't know how to properly Work on Schofields. They're Nothing like Colts!Only Hap does as far as I am concerned.Hap is the best that ever was IMHOA fine gentleman and good friend as well as extremely talented and knowledgeable.

Deuce..as fast as you are you don't need no stinking' conversions!Best of Luck with your new Schofield.

Archived