SASS Wire Forum

Favorite "re-shoot" alibi lines

Dont want to hijack someone thought process here. But what could be some good "re-shoot alibis". :rolleyes:

1. "My shorts are too tight!"

2. "My boots were on the wrong feet!"

3. "Hey, the other guy got one!"

4. "How the he!! do you cock this thing"

5 "Does this gun belt makes my butt look big?

6. "I forgot to pull not jerk!"

What could be some others? Regards S.G.

• 5 weeks later...

True story:

during one of my shooting stages a couple years back, I heard someone behind me yell; "CEASE FIRE".

I hesitated a brief moment. The TO was still standing behind me holding the timer on me and motioning me to continue. Then, I heard it again: "Cease Fire"!

At that moment, I was basically thru with the stage. Then it happened again........."Cease Fire".

BUT, it wasn't "Cease Fire". It was the score keeper yelling out the next shooters name to get to the Loading table whose name resembled the words......."Cease Fire".

I politely ask the scorer not to yell during the time frame a shooter was on the firing line.

That would be my alibi for a reshoot.

..........Widder

"My hearing aid low-battery alarm went off and it sounded just like the timer."

"There was a bunny downrange."

"The wind quit blowing my black powder smoke away."

"My braces came loose and I might moon the posse."

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Alibi?

Alibi?

Ain't no alibis in CAS, is they?

Cowboy up and shoot the damn guns!

Mustang Gregg

Lets see from some I have used over the years:

The pack of coyotes running through the targets at the beep made it difficult to shoot the required sequences.

Don't I get a reshoot because of the cease fire called in the middle of my stage because of the motorcycle riders down range?

The horse I was riding collapsed while I was shooting, reshoot?

The wind knocked down the stage front while I was shooting, and the window I needed to shoot through was laying on the ground.

The dust devil that came through while I was shooting knocked down all the shotgun targets and the prop table, along with my shotgun-on the ground.

The most pathetic thing I have seen was not a plea for a re-shoot but a re-start.

The shooter's excuse "I didn't get a good grip on my pistol".

They gave him a restart.

The most pathetic thing I have seen was not a plea for a re-shoot but a re-start.

The shooter's excuse "I didn't get a good grip on my pistol".

They gave him a restart.

......... " too bad son, ... timer's still runnin' " .....

......... " too bad son, ... timer's still runnin' " .....

If you told me that I would go to the unloading table and wait for a new RO. Every shooter is owed a clean start, unless he has demonstrated abusing the rule.

True story:

during one of my shooting stages a couple years back, I heard someone behind me yell; "CEASE FIRE".

I hesitated a brief moment. The TO was still standing behind me holding the timer on me and motioning me to continue. Then, I heard it again: "Cease Fire"!

At that moment, I was basically thru with the stage. Then it happened again........."Cease Fire".

BUT, it wasn't "Cease Fire". It was the score keeper yelling out the next shooters name to get to the Loading table whose name resembled the words......."Cease Fire".

I politely ask the scorer not to yell during the time frame a shooter was on the firing line.

That would be my alibi for a reshoot.

..........Widder

thanks Widder ,that is a heck of an idea for a new alias!!!!!!!!

How about I just want to shoot again.

If you told me that I would go to the unloading table and wait for a new RO. Every shooter is owed a clean start, unless he has demonstrated abusing the rule.

..... how many tries at getting "a good grip on my pistol" do you want ?

I think I heard this from the singer at EOT..."there was a sudden gust of gravity"...

That's what "shooter ready" means. If they don't understand that after getting it once. Too bad.

That's what "shooter ready" means. If they don't understand that after getting it once. Too bad.

From the RO I Handbook: "Restarts shall be allowed for a competitor to achieve a “clean” start, up to the point at which the

first round goes down range. Multiple restarts by the same shooter, that in the judgment of the

Timer Operator are seen to be taking advantage will not be entertained as they are not in the

spirit of the game."

By your comment if a shooter wanted one restart in a complete match you would not allow it?

"You'd do it for Randolph Scott"

Just curious.

Those of you in favor a re-starts on demand, what do you consider a valid reason to ask for one?

HI Folks,

I remember an annual match once where I asked for IIRC two restarts for the same thing. After that my memory kicked in and I prepared better. Here's the scoop.

I was shooting some hot BP loads (big mistake by bullet boy that shall never be repeated). Anyway, on the first stage, I discovered how much they kicked. As the day went on it got really hot and my hands were really sweaty. So, right after the beep (before a round went down range), I asked for a restart to wipe my sweaty hands. I think I did this on two stages before remembering ahead of time to wipe my hands before the beep. Also, I was shooting with slick marble grips.

So, basically, getting a good grip was my concern. Would you really want a shooter to have to, on the clock, reholster, wipe hands, and redraw? If so, I think you're a meanie. :P;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived