SASS Wire Forum

U.S. Navy sharpshooter.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Navy doesn't do well with guns that have a smaller than 3" bore....and a crew of three or more.

In WWII the Navy seems to have done well with 20mm and 40mm guns.

Photo is obviously photo shopped. Notice there are no scope rings among other obvious inconsistencies. 

The part that makes me sad is that it was not caught before being released via official channels. Yes this photo was released via official channels just as it shown by the OP

Wonder how long it will take before Cmdr Yaste tracks down the idiot that thought it would be funny to do this. Ship COs are not known for their sense of humor. Especially at their expense.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Photo is obviously photo shopped. Notice there are no scope rings among other obvious inconsistencies. .

Even the Navy has uses for JB Weld

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Photo is obviously photo shopped. Notice there are no scope rings among other obvious inconsistencies. 

The part that makes me sad is that it was not caught before being released via official channels. Yes this photo was released via official channels just as it shown by the OP

Wonder how long it will take before Cmdr Yaste tracks down the idiot that thought it would be funny to do this. Ship COs are not known for their sense of humor. Especially at their expense.

Actually no it’s not came from an official Navy social media post . And let’s just say even the Marines are roasting them for it .

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

37 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Actually no it’s not came from an official Navy social media post . And let’s just say even the Marines are roasting them for it .

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

I'm saying that it was photoshopped by someone before it was officially posted via social media not after the fact.

I have never seen anything other than an ACOG that had an integral mount.  That scope doesn't look like any ACOG I have ever seen. Found a picture of the scope it is a Trijicon VCOG. Still when you blow up the picture the scope appears to be attached to the receiver and it appears to also be mounted to the handguard rail as well.

That is what makes me so sad that someone within the Navy thought it was a good idea to photo shop the picture and then allow it to be posted it to the Navy's social media page.

I guarantee that somebodies derriere  is going to end up explaining this to the old man and they are going to regret doing this.

Edited by Sedalia Dave

11 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The Marines are a department of the Navy

The Mens department.

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.14cbb7f762e59b23eb44531bca0c101a.jpeg.a08cdb9781811b98f6d21cdaeadd9ca8.jpeg

Yes, judging by the female Marines I have seen you are absolutely correct. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can tell that on my ship we had quite a few “expert marksmen” aboard using small arms - M14s. Not poodle shooters. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I can tell that on my ship we had quite a few “expert marksmen” aboard using small arms - M14s. Not poodle shooters. :P

My first cruise the sailors gave us a "demo" of what the Old Chiefs could do with M14s. They hit the water every time.

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

My first cruise the sailors gave us a "demo" of what the Old Chiefs could do with M14s. They hit the water every time.

They gave a Chief a weapon? That’s Nuts! Their trigger fingers will not work properly. They have coffee cup hooks, not trigger fingers. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

Hey, Custer is offended by that! :lol:

image.png.f2f20df3ffbd2b23afee8100541ac99d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The Marines are a department of the Navy

The Mens department.

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.14cbb7f762e59b23eb44531bca0c101a.jpeg.a08cdb9781811b98f6d21cdaeadd9ca8.jpeg

Tell that to a Navy Seal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Hey, Custer is offended by that! :lol:

image.png.f2f20df3ffbd2b23afee8100541ac99d.png

Please tell Custer that I apologize. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Well there ARE exceptions.:D

Thank You

43 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

Thank You

Yeah.  I ran into a LtJG once who could shoot anything he could lift...and produce reeeeeealy small groups.  He worked for the base engineers when I was at Marine Baracks Seal Beach.   That was almost 50 years ago and we are still friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah.  I ran into a LtJG once who could shoot anything he could lift...and produce reeeeeealy small groups.  He worked for the base engineers when I was at Marine Baracks Seal Beach.   That was almost 50 years ago and we are still friends.

During my two tours I worked with ALL branches of the military  

• Like 1