SASS Wire Forum

Nonalcoholic drink(s)

Iced Tea.
Made in our Automatic Coffee Maker.
Recipe: 2 bags specialty flavored tea with 9 bags regular Lipton tea. (Bengal Spice)
Make 2 pots pouring in large pitcher which has 2 large scoops of sugar at the bottom.

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regular iced tea w/Sweet & Low as sweetener. I drink about two monster mugs of it in the morning as my caffeine drink. Water in the afternoon and night.

• Like 1

Coffee with a little cream or milk, water!  and  a nice cold soft drink on a hot day! Pepsi or Coke.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

Two cups of coffee w/sugar in the morning.  Water.  That's all that's in the house.

On the off chance that have something else when out it'll be half-n-half iced tea or Pepsi.

• Like 1

Coffee, black, in the morning. 

Ice water, every day, all day, 3-4 or more quarts daily. 

About once a week I will have a Mountain Dew or a Pepsi. 

• Like 1

In no particular order...

Coffee, black. Anything else in coffee (besides Jamison) ruins coffee.

Whole milk, cold.

Edited by Dantankerous

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Iced tea "sweetened" with Stevia. Look up aspartame some time. You'll never want anything with that stuff in it, (diet soda, Sweet & Low, ANYTHING artificially sweetened,) again. 

I tried some of those powdered water flavor packets about 20 years ago. They made me feel ill. I thought it was the heat and humidity. It turned out to be the aspartame in the powder. Never again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iced tea, sweetened with cane sugar or honey.  As a treat, now and then, a drop of raspberry or blackberry added.

I treat myself to a regular Coca Cola once in a while and occasionally a ginger ale.

I have had three separate dietitians tell me that the body handles cane sugar or honey far better than corn syrup as far as natural sweeteners go, so I try to avoid corn syrup.  I don’t use much of any sweetener for anything else but beverages and I avoid artificial sweeteners religiously.

I liked stevia, but it is difficult to get accurate measurements with the different brands.

I absolutely WILL NOT eat or drink ANYTHING that contains aspartame, sodium cyclamate, or saccharine!  All of these have been proven to be carcinogenic!!

Why take chances???

• Like 3

After years of guzzling Diet Cokes to the tune of 6-8 per day, I gave it up cold turkey.  I don't drink coffee or tea.  Water became my prime beverage, but got boring fast.  I use Sunkist drink powders (yes, they contain aspartame, but you've got to die from something eventually).  The flavor is great, and they are very convenient.  

LL

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Iced tea "sweetened" with Stevia. Look up aspartame some time. You'll never want anything with that stuff in it, (diet soda, Sweet & Low, ANYTHING artificially sweetened,) again. 

Sweet & Low does not contain aspartame, saccharine yes...but not aspartame.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Sweet & Low does not contain aspartame, saccharine yes...but not aspartame.

Sodium Saccharine was one of the first artificial sweeteners found to be a cancer causing substance!

Nonalchoholic?  Blasphemy!

what next?  Vegan?

Ha!, Ha!

Sam Sackett 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sodium Saccharine was one of the first artificial sweeteners found to be a cancer causing substance!

I don't disagree with that. Like Loophole stated, gotta die from something. At least it won't be sugar or aspartame!

Well maybe not anyway.:rolleyes:

Southern Comfort.  It was prescribed for me by my cardiologist after my quadruple bypass as one the best medicines to keep my arteries clean.  Alcohol works great on cleaning stuff!!!!!!   And it tastes great with some frozen water!!!!!