SASS Wire Forum

Glocks

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/pistols/g18

The 18 is the actual, for real, Glock designed and made select fire version of the Glock 17.

"The rate of fire in full-automatic-mode is approximately 20 rounds per second."

By my math, 20 rounds a second times 60 seconds is 1200 rounds a minute.

• Like 2

When we were transitioning from revolvers to semi-auto pistols, we had an individual who used the video of the full auto to try to claim the 17's and 19's we were considering, would behave like that.

He was embarrassed when the full video was shown to the Police Commission.

His other claim was that the grips would loosen and come off the Glock.

He lost a lot of credibility.  

• Like 4

There is a device called a "Glock Switch" that will turn a Glock pistol into a full automatic firearm. They have other nicknames also. Evidently, they are easily made on 3D printers or imported from China, easily installed and are real popular with the gangbangers using the 33+ round magazines. From what I've seen on videos of them being used, they make firing the pistol very uncontrollable (DUH) and spray bullets everywhere except the intended target.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_switch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Need a larger magazine for that feat.

• Like 2

I have never seen a Glock 18 fire in person, let alone actually ever seeing one, but I have seen plenty of videos. I am guessing that the illegal “Glock Switch” would allow the Glock to cycle at the 1200 rounds per minute speed. 

For orneriness I considered buying one and trying it out, but I wouldn’t want to;

1. Mess up one of my Glocks.

2. End up in da joint.

Here is a site that sells Glock Switches (supposedly) and parts to make your AR full auto as well as components to use solvent traps, fuel and oil filters as Silencers. They also sell various barrel adapters.

I found this site with 2 seconds of doing a DDG search for “Glock Switch”. I wouldn’t doubt the FBI, ATF and other alphabet agencies monitor this site hoping to catch a headline grabbing gangsta big wig. All the while allowing small time hoodlums buy up this stuff in the hopes of pushing for more gun control laws by scaring their useful idiots into voting for D’bags. 

https://usglockswitch.com/collections

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I have never seen a Glock 18 fire in person, let alone actually ever seeing one, but I have seen plenty of videos. I am guessing that the illegal “Glock Switch” would allow the Glock to cycle at the 1200 rounds per minute speed. 

For orneriness I considered buying one and trying it out, but I wouldn’t want to;

2. End up in da joint.

Here is a site that sells Glock Switches (supposedly) and parts to make your AR full auto as well as components to use solvent traps, fuel and oil filters as Silencers. They also sell various barrel adapters.

I found this site with 2 seconds of doing a DDG search for “Glock Switch”. I wouldn’t doubt the FBI, ATF and other alphabet agencies monitor this site hoping to catch a headline grabbing gangsta big wig. All the while allowing small time hoodlums buy up this stuff in the hopes of pushing for more gun control laws by scaring their useful idiots into voting for D’bags. 

From what I understand it's not illegal to sell them or buy them but you just can't use them! I'm not sure though!

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

2. End up in da joint.

I went on that site, now I'll be hearing helicopters all day.:ph34r::P

Seriously though, I don't know if mere, un-installed possession of a "Glock Switch" constitutes a violation of Federal law. I do think that the thread adapters to use oil filters as suppressors are illegal by themselves but I'm not 100% on that. I do know that I sure as hell don't want to be a test case.

• Like 2

@Cypress Sun @Rye Miles #13621 possession of a part that converts a semi auto to full auto or burst fire is regarded the same as a machine gun by the ATF.  They have prosecuted makers and distributors of said switch for manufacturing and distribution without doing the machine gun paperwork.  Then gone after buyers from the shipping records.  I haven't read of any buyer who refused to hand over the switch nor who was charged yet.

Chicago is sueing Glock for violating a 2023 state law.  Shouldn't the PLCAA of 2005 block the suit from ever reaching a court room? Or does it have to go to court for the judge to throw out the suit?

Edited by sassnetguy50
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A CYCLIC rate of 1200 rpm.   Not the same as rate of fire.

Yes, I know.

I doubt the factory Glock barrel would survive that rate as well. Not a sustained 1200 rounds/min worth of heat.

But it would be fun to watch the attempt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dantankerous said:

Yes, I know.

I doubt the factory Glock barrel would survive that rate as well. Not a sustained 1200 rounds/min worth of heat.

But it would be fun to watch the attempt.

Now that would likely be a high capacity magazine. :P Imagine lugging that sucker around!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

@Cypress Sun @Rye Miles #13621 possession of a part that converts a semi auto to full auto or burst fire is regarded the same as a machine gun by the ATF.  They have prosecuted makers and distributors of said switch for manufacturing and distribution without doing the machine gun paperwork.  Then gone after buyers from the shipping records.  I haven't read of any buyer who refused to hand over the switch nor who was charged yet.

Chicago is sueing Glock for violating a 2023 state law.  Shouldn't the PLCAA of 2005 block the suit from ever reaching a court room? Or does it have to go to court for the judge to throw out the suit?

They are a prohibited device here in Canada as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Yup. But those double drum mags only hold 100 rounds. :rolleyes:

Must have to go belt feed:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

what ever floats your boat :unsure:

a handgun , is just to get ya to a longgun 

CB :rolleyes:

But how well you shoot determines if you walk or run madly to get to that long gun. :D

• Haha 2

On 3/20/2024 at 5:33 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

From what I understand it's not illegal to sell them or buy them but you just can't use them! I'm not sure though!

On 3/20/2024 at 6:52 AM, sassnetguy50 said:

I believe that it is only illegal if you own the conversion part(s) and the gun that if the part(s) are installed in fires more than one round with a single operation of the trigger without reloading.

P.S.  The "smart" gunsmiths to gang-bangers buy $175 3D printers & download CAD files using a proxy server in a sketchy eastern European nation. 

On 3/20/2024 at 5:27 AM, Pat Riot said:

2. End up in da joint.

The ATF have been showing up to people's residences who have bought, solvent traps & bushing adapters with female barrel thread to male oil filter thread.  They will also show up if you buy DIY suppressor kits if you don't haven't received an approved form 1.

• Like 1

Smokestack's record 1.55 second, 10 round rifle run calculates to a cyclic rate of just a hair under 513 rounds per minute from round one to round ten, or 8 1/2 rounds per second. (1.17 seconds/10 shots discounting buzzer to shot one split) :blink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

I believe that it is only illegal if you own the conversion part(s) and the gun that if the part(s) are installed in fires more than one round with a single operation of the trigger without reloading.

P.S.  The "smart" gunsmiths to gang-bangers buy $175 3D printers & download CAD files using a proxy server in a sketchy eastern European nation. 

That is true for SBRs, "intent to build".   I could even own the parts if they were kept on a separate property so they couldn't be assembled.  Not true for full auto arms or parts.  The part that converts a arm to auto is considered a machine gun in itself by the ATF.  Possession of this part without an approved form is possession of an illegal machine gun punishable by 10 years in prison and $250,000 fine.

Edited by sassnetguy50

49 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

And yet the penalty isn’t a deterrent to those intent on breaking the law. That’s why we need more laws, right?:wacko:

I don't think that it's really happening. In most of those places guns are illegal, so they can't be there, right?

• Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 10:35 PM, Texas Lizard said:

Going by Chicago, a Glock can be modified to shoot 1200 rounds a minute....Just wondering,  if modified can they really shoot 1200 rounds a minute???

Would it hold together doing this???

Texas Lizard

As others have said, they cycle that fast, but in reality with magazine changes and overheating actual rounds fired in a minute would be far less.  It’s 20 rounds per second, which is fast, but not unbelievable fast.  Paint ball guns are faster.   The glocks with a switch empty a mag so fast and muzzle rise is a thing that they really don’t hit much.  Less than 1 second to empty a mag, unless it’s a drum or huge stick.

You can look up how a “glock switch” works.  It’s patented, so the uspto site has the patent and drawings of how it works.  Pretty simple, the slide moves the sear on its way forward via a little wedge shaped part mounted to the back cover on the slide.   Supposedly some air soft guns are so correct that the part will fit and work in an actual firearm.  

Edited by Still hand Bill

24 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

It’s 20 rounds per second, which is fast, but not unbelievable fast

I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement. 20 rounds a second is 1200 rounds a minute. That is Ingram M10 9 mm fast. That is German MG42 light machine gun fast. That is faster than just about any other fully automatic firearm in existence.

And in a standard Glock 17/18, it is totally uncontrollable.

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement. 20 rounds a second is 1200 rounds a minute. That is Ingram M10 9 mm fast. That is German MG42 light machine gun fast. That is faster than just about any other fully automatic firearm in existence.

My point was that there are other machine guns that run that fast.   It’s not impossibly fast.  Mostly unusable without a lot of training.  Btw the “switch” was not invented by glock.  It was originally invented for police and military, yet no police or military use it as it wastes ammo and is not as accurate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure firing a Glock in full auto would have the same result as firing an M14 in full auto. 1 or 2 rounds hit the target and the rest go merrily to places unintended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

"Totally uncontrollable" I disagree.  They won't be entering NRA bullseye but they would make a man drop right there.  All three examples below are much more controlled than the videos of gangbangers.  The videos of gangbangers shooting without the switch do not show control either.

Hits steel plate repeatedly through the string of fire.

Hits water jugs throughout the string of fire.

Not everyone can, the POI are continuously climbing the hill behind/above the target, never regaining control.

I've not found a switched 10mm video.  That might climb like a coon up a tree.

Edited by sassnetguy50

17 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Smokestack's record 1.55 second, 10 round rifle run calculates to a cyclic rate of just a hair under 513 rounds per minute from round one to round ten, or 8 1/2 rounds per second. (1.17 seconds/10 shots discounting buzzer to shot one split) :blink:

i want to know how he knew he had shot all 10 rounds cuz I don't think he could count that fast to make sure he did but he did stop at 10 apparently. LOL 

TM