SASS Wire Forum

Predictions made and faded.

Regardless of all the folderol and so called "debunkers," Climate Change is fact.  Some of these all knowing clowns with their dire predictions of disaster have been shown to be "all wet" but as an actuality, climate change is here and continuing.  The actual causes cited by many may well be just so much hogwash, but that doesn't change the fact.

I forgot to add (imagine that).  Absolutely NONE of the so called Experts (An Ex= a Has Been and a Spirit is a Drip under pressure) has any idea what the long term effects of Climate Change are actually going to be.  But, they are like Politicians, the absolutely love to see themselves in print.  We know it's hotter.  We know the storms are getting nastier.  Beyond that??  Humpff.

The climate has always changed and always will, until our sun burns out.

It's the sun that causes global warming after all, doncha know?

I don't think anyone denies that climate changes.

What people dispute/deny is that human activity is a major cause of it.  And I have yet to hear the climate alarmists tell us how there was the huge, sudden spike in temperature ~12,000 years ago that signaled the start of this interglacial warm period if the main driving force of global warming is the use of fossil fuels.

42 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I don't think anyone denies that climate changes.

What people dispute/deny is that human activity is a major cause of it.  And I have yet to hear the climate alarmists tell us how there was the huge, sudden spike in temperature ~12,000 years ago that signaled the start of this interglacial warm period if the main driving force of global warming is the use of fossil fuels.

They would probably say something to the effect that we weren't keeping records back then so we haven't been able to track it. 

Climate change is a FACT!  That people have much of anything to do with it is Intelectual Garbage, produced by CHARLATANS who seek to gain from its acceptance by those who are easily misled! Whether that gain is financial or in perceived reputation or political, it’s these people that need to be watched closely and exposed at every turn!!

When their deception is revealed, they need to be put out and punished as is appropriate!!

Sorry.  As soon as i scrolled down and saw that face I started to gag.  I had to immediately avert my eyes to keep from throwing up.  No way I could watch the video or I would risk severe gastro intestinal damage.

4 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Sorry.  As soon as i scrolled down and saw that face I started to gag.  I had to immediately avert my eyes to keep from throwing up.  No way I could watch the video or I would risk severe gastro intestinal damage.

That face and a couple of others only make flashing appearances in the video. You’ll hardly have time to recognize them before they are gone!!

All I know is that I've had a snow shovel since the '70's- in Alabama- in preparation for the New Ice Age and ain't used if for anything but leaves.

Barry buying a compound on the island of Martha's Vineyard sorta shoots down Al Gore's Global Warming with the polar ice caps melting and the ocean level rising, too.

At least, they finally figured out how to be vague.  Now, if something like a light hurricane season happens,  they can take credit- while asking for more money. 

'Climate change' (the sociopolitical movement,  not the cyclical changes in our environment the phrase originally referred to) is a business. It survives on government grants and picking the pockets of the True Believers.

I have decided that between these IDIOTS saying all these things and the number of IDIOTS believing them and panicking, compared to the number of people who do NOT believe all that crap, that the AVERAGE IQ or the world is about 6 .

The human race will be gone, not because of any natural or man-made calamity but because of massively rampant and irreversible STUPIDITY!

We could well become the next level of Cromagnon or Neanderthal after the next iteration of humanoids come along and wonder at the fact that we lasted so long.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:16 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Regardless of all the folderol and so called "debunkers," Climate Change is fact.  Some of these all knowing clowns with their dire predictions of disaster have been shown to be "all wet" but as an actuality, climate change is here and continuing.  The actual causes cited by many may well be just so much hogwash, but that doesn't change the fact.

The climate has been changing ever since earth was born. It has nothing to do with mankind. Many scientists disagree with the climate change argument but they don’t get the media coverage because as we all know, if it bleeds it leads! 

Lot of credible physicists propose it has most to do with the sun and solar winds.  Others say it has to with where our solar system is in the Milky Way.  But you can't use either of those reasons to take power.

I suspect we are pretty insignificant relative to the sun :-0

42 minutes ago, Gungadin said:

Lot of credible physicists propose it has most to do with the sun and solar winds.  Others say it has to with where our solar system is in the Milky Way.  But you can't use either of those reasons to take power.

They can't be taxed either.

Those experts can't even accurately predict the weather at my house in 5 days.  How in the world are they going to accurately predict global climate change years in advance?   The Earth has been around about 4 billion years and the climate has fluctuated many times over these years.  Most historical weather changes are the result of asteroid impacts or big volcanic events.  

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The climate has been changing ever since earth was born. It has nothing to do with mankind. Many scientists disagree with the climate change argument but they don’t get the media coverage because as we all know, if it bleeds it leads! 

amen to that 

Glued his feet to the ground?  Peel them up, that will feel reel good :-)

You know the Spaghettis lines for predicting hurricanes?  They are all different models weighting different specific models differently.  But at least when combined they do a few things.  They give us a range of possibilities and they remind us that we are just guessing.  Therefore they have some credibility.  But when our leaders pressure the media and doctors to only tell one narrative or when anyone that has a different 'climate change' model is squelched we are into 'political science' not SCIENCE.

To do this they largely violate or circumvent the intents of the 1st amendment.  But watch, that guy with his feet glued to Arthur Ashe gets his 1st amendment rights.  I hope he also gets skin grafts on the bottom of his feet for exercising them.

Archived