SASS Wire Forum

The SASS South East Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

Well it is time to get signed up for the South East Regional, Ambush At Cavern Cove. 

September 28th through the 30th of 2023

The Chicken Feet are gone. The Groundhogs are gone. Even the Armadillos are gone. Just possums and skunks. The possums are not a problem. but we do need a skunk whisperer. 

The match registrations are rolling in.

You can get the application here. https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/_files/ugd/e76cb2_9f30d7257d6f4afa8b0d1007232da472.pdf

Camping is full with a waiting list. 

We still have stage sponsor spots if any of the clubs would to sponsor a stage. Info is here. https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/regional-vendors

We need some help with running the Long Range Match. If this is something you think you would like to do please send a PM.

Our schedule of events is as follows:

Thursday

8:00 am - 9:00 am.                Breakfast available Cost is $5 - $10

8:00 am - 5:00 pm                 Registration open at the Pavilion

8:00 am                                 Vendors Open

8:00 am - 3:30 pm                 Cowboy Yard Sale at the pavilion

9:00 am - 3:00 pm                 RO1 and RO2 Classes - short lunch break

9:00 am                                 Wild Bunch Match - Stages 6-9

9:00 am                                 Warm-up Match Stages 1-4

10:00 am - 12:00 pm             Long Range (between stages 5 and 6)

11:00 am - 1:30 pm               Lunch available at the pavilion - Cost is $7 - $10

12:00 - 1:30 pm                     RANGE IS COLD

1:30 pm                                  PCC Match at the Action Bays (past stage 10)

Black Powder Match - Stages 6-9 

Warm-up Match Stages 1-4

Long Range (between stages 5 and 6)                                 

3:45 - 4:45 pm                       Territorial Governor Meeting at the pavilion

5:00 pm                                  Posse Marshal walk-through - Meet at stage 1

5:30 pm                                  Barkeep’s Saloon is open at the pavilion

6:00 pm                                  Ambush Social Meet & Greet Potluck Dinner at the pavilion                               

Friday

7:00 - 9:00 am                       Breakfast available at the pavilion - Cost is $5 - $10

8:00 am                                 Registration open at Pavillion

8:30 am                                 MANDATORY Safety Meeting Flight 1 at the pavilion

9:00 am                                 Flight 1 - Shoot 5 Main Match Stages

11:00 am - 1:30 pm               Lunch available at the pavilion - Cost is $7 - $10

12:00 pm                               MANDATORY Safety Meeting Flight 2 at the pavilion

12:30 pm                               Flight 2 - Shoot 5 Main Match Stages

5:00 pm                                 Barkeep’s Saloon is open at the pavilion

6:00 pm                                 Dinner at the pavilion - On your own                             

6:45 pm                                 Side Match Awards at the pavilion

7:30 pm                                 Karaoke with DJ Joey.

10:30 pm                               Lights out in the pavilion

Saturday

7:00 - 9:00 am                       Breakfast available at the pavilion - On your own

8:30 am                                 Flight 2 - Shoot 5 Main Match Stages

11:00 am - 1:30 pm              Lunch available at the pavilion - Cost is $7 - $10

12:00 pm                               Flight 1 - Shoot 5 Main Match Stages

4:30.                                      Costume Contest judging at the Pavillion on the Range

5:00 ish.                                 Barkeeps Bar open

6:00 pm                                 Catered Dinner at the range included in shooters fee.

7:00 pm                                 Awards at the Pavillion on Range. Door prizes, costume awards, and main match awards.                                                          

8:00                                       Shenanigans begin. 

Who all is gonna show up?

edit 9/14

Drake is in the throws of mental twister working the posse list.

We have 240 shooters with more arriving daily.

The who's coming list is on face book. (North Alabama Regulators)

The posse list, the plan is to email it next week.

Heck I might even release the stages next week.

If everything goes as planned the posse will be locked at 16.

There maybe the odd one at 17 because somebody is sharing equipment and waited till the week before to sign up.<_<

Practiscore has 19 spots on each posse. I guess this to allow Drake to move folks around. 
Practiscore is the preliminary posse list.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyrel and Midnight Rider are signed up and ready to smoke up Alabama again! 

Someone tell TN Williams to leave the dadburn chicken feet in Tennessee please.

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I've been signed up and registered for months.   I'm ready.

I wasn't gonna go until I read this, I've gotta go now.  Someone has to keep an eye on Evil Bob. :lol:  Actually I signed up months ago as well.

One more thing @Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L I've heard rumors and whispers coming from a bit north of me that ole @Tennessee williams has been working on his skunk skills so you might just ask him to be your skunk whisperer! He might cluck a little between the whispers but he's dependable. :D

Kajun

I'm going. I plan to procrastinate as long as possible before sending my application in. When you finally do get it, I more than likely will have screwed something up anyway. 

As far as chicken feet go, I just resupplied myself on them. They's gonna be more hoodoo and hexes in Alabama than Alien abductions from the trailer park.

Y'all ought not let TW advertise that he plans to be there.

And it ain't the chicken feet that should bother anyone but rather those Possum Penis Bones he gives to folks 

when they ask for a toothpick.

And if I'm lying, I'm flying........ and you don't see no feathers on this Widder's back.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Tyrel and Midnight Rider are signed up and ready to smoke up Alabama again! 

I'll be putting up a smokescreen right with ya!

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I'm going. I plan to procrastinate as long as possible before sending my application in. When you finally do get it, I more than likely will have screwed something up anyway. 

As far as chicken feet go, I just resupplied myself on them. They's gonna be more hoodoo and hexes in Alabama than Alien abductions from the trailer park.

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Unfortunately the Burt Bunch will probably have to miss this one.  I'm hoping something will change at the last minute and I'll be able to slip over long enough to join the fun, but it's not looking good.  

I heard a rumor that he was worried about Tennessee Williams putting a hex on him and beating him again!:D:ph34r:

Randy

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Unfortunately the Burt Bunch will probably have to miss this one.  ...

We'll miss you.  I always enjoyed visiting and shooting with you, and you gave me some tips last year that still help.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

We'll miss you.  I always enjoyed visiting and shooting with you, and you gave me some tips last year that still help.

+1

17 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Unfortunately the Burt Bunch will probably have to miss this one.  I'm hoping something will change at the last minute and I'll be able to slip over long enough to join the fun, but it's not looking good.  

Capt Bill, if you can't make it cause your scared, I understand.  But at least send the rest of the family.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Capt Bill, if you can't make it cause your scared, I understand.  But at least send the rest of the family.

It's the rest of the family that has schedule (school/college) conflicts.  I'm the one most likely to be able to make it, although I wouldn't know what to do with myself with it being just me.

Buck D Law will be happy to hear that I, too, will be unable to attend this year's festivities. I have the opportunity to spend some time with my son (who lives in Las Vegas and I rarely get to see) and I'm taking it. Gonna roll up to Road Atlanta in the Vette for the Petit LeMans 10 hour race. Will miss you all.

11 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Buck D Law will be happy to hear that I, too, will be unable to attend this year's festivities. I have the opportunity to spend some time with my son (who lives in Las Vegas and I rarely get to see) and I'm taking it. Gonna roll up to Road Atlanta in the Vette for the Petit LeMans 10 hour race. Will miss you all.

Are you competing?

35 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Are you competing?

Haha, I wish. No, I am parking in the Corvette Corral and get to take "parade laps" around the track. I don't think I'll be able to get any speed though... dang it!

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

It's the rest of the family that has schedule (school/college) conflicts.  I'm the one most likely to be able to make it, although I wouldn't know what to do with myself with it being just me.

You could join TN Williams in his 'celebrity booth' and hug babies and kiss the women.   

Well........ that's what HE says.

..........Widder

7 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You could join TN Williams in his 'celebrity booth' and hug babies and kiss the women.   

Well........ that's what HE says.

..........Widder

I heard that booth is where Marshall TKD is keeping the skunk; so there probably won't be any wimmen comin round for him to kiss.

Not that there would be anyways...

6 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I heard that booth is where Marshall TKD is keeping the skunk; so there probably won't be any wimmen comin round for him to kiss.

I put that skunk under Drakes camper. The little bugger took off for the hill house where Bud Light Year, Catatonic and Copperhead Joe stay. We chased him down and cut loose on him with the machine-gun from about 50 yards. Dirt flew everywhere, that skunk did a ninja roll squeezed off a squirt that missed and then ran under the hill house about where Joe and Catatonic stay.

27 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN Williams told me that it was illegal in Alabama to shoot your state animal.

..........Widder

And you believed him? 

Now y'all ease up a little on ole @Tennessee williams we can't have him all jittery and nervous when he's holding the skunk at the VIP booth.  He's gonna be whispering to the skunk and we can't have anything go wrong there.  We don't want any babies waiting to be kissed to get "sprayed."

Kajun

10 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

It's all about perspective, angles, and standards. 

When I go down to the local wal-mart, the wimmen folk look at me like they haven't eaten all day. When I go into the courthouse, some of em put their hands up and back away slowly. 

Max & Ophelia Payne have been signed up for several months also.  We haven't missed an Ala St or SER in 8-10 years that I can remember. Looking forward to it!!

4 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I didn't send in my application again today. I'm still coming though!

well, you may be hot stuff down at Hooterville High and Big Man on Campus (BMC) back at Bucksnort Univ., but 

you better hurry and get your application in for the SE Regional cause unless your willing to pay 'premium',

your late entry might not be enough to get you in.    Besides, they don't like you down in Alabama so you better

hurry up.

P.S. - And don't forget, you and I pledged $100 each last year for their fund raiser and we both forgot about it.   I'm gonna remind

you this year so have it ready.

..........Widder

12 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

well, you may be hot stuff down at Hooterville High and Big Man on Campus (BMC) back at Bucksnort Univ., but 

you better hurry and get your application in for the SE Regional cause unless your willing to pay 'premium',

your late entry might not be enough to get you in.    Besides, they don't like you down in Alabama so you better

hurry up.

P.S. - And don't forget, you and I pledged $100 each last year for their fund raiser and we both forgot about it.   I'm gonna remind

..........Widder

What was that fundraiser again.....the Marshal TKD Widows and Orphans Fund? B)

Kajun

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

hurry up.

..........Widder

You been hitting the Geritol again, or was your hearing aid batteries dying? I said I'd give a hundred doll hairs, not dollars! Jeesh!:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

What was that fundraiser again.....the Marshal TKD Widows and Orphans Fund? B)

Kajun

Widder thought he said Widders fund and got excited.

Archived