SASS Wire Forum

The SASS South East Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2023 at 4:58 PM, MizPete said:

Just a reminder:  whiskey is Irish; whisky is everybody else.  Yes, it IS important.

I have to disagree. With the "E" is also distilled in the U.S., so Ireland and the U.S. and everybody else is just Y. That being said, Yee-haw Whiskey!

download(8).jpeg.37dd1c473b71d99693ae183ff5ea4d53.jpeg

On 8/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, MizPete said:

Just a reminder:  whiskey is Irish; whisky is everybody else.  Yes, it IS important.

Whisky (no e) refers to Scottish, Canadian, or Japanese grain spirits. Whiskey (with an e) refers to grain spirits distilled in Ireland and the United States.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/whisky-vs-whiskey/

Let's continue the "with or without E" discussion around the main firepit in September.  Of course, with several samples of all varieties.  

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

Let's continue the "with or without E" discussion around the main firepit in September.  Of course, with several samples of all varieties.  

That's the plan! I already know K.K., T.W. and Miz Pete's favorites. It will be an interesting conversation. 

The Casey Clan hails from South Cork so I am afraid I am hereditarily predisposed to choose the Irish:wub:

2 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

That's the plan! I already know K.K., T.W. and Miz Pete's favorites. It will be an interesting conversation. 

The Casey Clan hails from South Cork so I am afraid I am hereditarily predisposed to choose the Irish:wub:

Remember, that's whiskey sour, not whiskey sweet......gotta match my outstanding disposition ya know! :lol:

Kajun

You can always ask Whiskey Creek Johnson or Whiskey Hayes, I am sure they will have an opinion. :rolleyes:

On 8/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, Diamond Jake said:

Well it just so happens that Black Patch distilling will be there doing a Whiskey Tasting of Thursday Evening. 

1 hour ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

And... Scotch Before Noon is also going to host a beer brewing 101 for those that are interested in how this strange bit of alchemy is done. 

Is Alchemist Belle consulting on this project? B)

Kajun

Considering this match is being held in ALABAMA, ain't nobody gonna sponsor a 'How to Win a Football

Game' for all those from visiting states?   :D

EDIT:  Marshal, sure hope that Marlin is working well.

..........Widder

8 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Considering this match is being held in ALABAMA, ain't nobody gonna sponsor a 'How to Win a Football

..........Widder

Those of us from Georgia is all ears.:D

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Those of us from Georgia is all ears.:D

Indeed, you are correct.   And all the rest of us will probably be reminded again this year.

I'm a big VOL fan, but I really like and support SEC teams.   Good luck this year.

..........Widder

On 8/20/2023 at 3:28 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

EDIT:  Marshal, sure hope that Marlin is working well.

..........Widder

Tullamore’s Marlin is running great. Thanks for checking in on it.

How to win a football game in Alabama or against Alabama…:huh: … impossible can’t be done. 

On 8/20/2023 at 2:38 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

Is Alchemist Belle consulting on this project? B)

Kajun

I think Scotch is going freelance on this project. I told him he needed to set up near Badlands Bob camp site in case of explosions, toxic gas, toxic waste or other mishaps.

2 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

I think Scotch is going freelance on this project. I told him he needed to set up near Badlands Bob camp site in case of explosions, toxic gas, toxic waste or other mishaps.

No problem.  I'll hook up an extra garden hose in case things go south.  I use to traveling with Kajun so this is not new territory.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

No problem.  I'll hook up an extra garden hose in case things go south.  I use to traveling with Kajun so this is not new territory.

Y'all know he's not wrong about this! :lol:  This first time I was backing my golf cart off my pickup using ramps Evil Bob said he'd hold a fire extinguisher in one hand and his cell phone videoing in his other hand.....that way he'd be prepared in case things go wrong.....or right. :D

Kajun

5 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

And his snoring....the one time I bunked with him I had to wear earplugs to sleep.

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Widder's coming?:ph34r:

I'll sneak in and sneak out.   You won't even notice I'm around.

BUT, Ashia (one of the Geisha twins) might be coming with me because she heard that Krazy Kajun

was gonna be there and she kinda likes him.   They met a few years back, before Covid slowed

everything down.

She's a little gullible for his Southern Charm and calls him that 'Kwray Zee Q-tee'.

Obviously, she's stoned out on over fertilized rice wine.

On the other hand, Kadisha ain't coming because she don't like TW and don't want to

be around him.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'll sneak in and sneak out.   You won't even notice I'm around.

BUT, Ashia (one of the Geisha twins) might be coming with me because she heard that Krazy Kajun

was gonna be there and she kinda likes him.   They met a few years back, before Covid slowed

everything down.

She's a little gullible for his Southern Charm and calls him that 'Kwray Zee Q-tee'.

Obviously, she's stoned out on over fertilized rice wine.

On the other hand, Kadisha ain't coming because she don't like TW and don't want to

be around him.

..........Widder

Kadisha loves me, she just doesn't know it yet. She is actually a sucker for chicken foot stew. She likes it when I take the toenails off before I boil them up. I'm thinking I might make a play for Ashia if I can get her away from Krazy that is. 

Archived