SASS Wire Forum

Halloween Decorations already in Stores.

Sedalia Dave

4 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and the have LOTS of Christmas decor actions on the shelf...

I was in one today and they have Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Hallowe'en all over the place.  It's about time to put out New Years, Valentines Day, and 4th of July items out.  :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and the have LOTS of Christmas decor actions on the shelf...

I think you folks are missing something here.  Yes it's a little early to be buying a tree for Christmas, however, if you are a hobbiest and/or make items to sell in advance of the holiday, NOW is the time to do it.  I have been working on Halloween for a few weeks now.  I will be working on Christmas soon.  

38 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I think you folks are missing something here.  Yes it's a little early to be buying a tree for Christmas, however, if you are a hobbiest and/or make items to sell in advance of the holiday, NOW is the time to do it.  I have been working on Halloween for a few weeks now.  I will be working on Christmas soon.  

That's not the same as having ready-made decorations for sale in a hardware store.

Mary came out of Wally-World yesterday all stressed out.  They rearranging everything.  Couldn't find lots of stuff.  Lot of stores, even the farm supply stores,  have been advertising back to school stuff for weeks.  

Well, in light of this development, I guess it's too late to take down last year's Christmas lights isn't it?

Or is that Christmas lights from two years ago?

These stores probably get a deal on buying this stuff early or they don't want to be left out by buying too late.

I am still convinced that lots of Christmas and other holiday stuff got held up on cargo ships during The Silliness and it ended up being warehoused. Businesses are doing what they can to sell this surplus. 

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I am still convinced that lots of Christmas and other holiday stuff got held up on cargo ships during The Silliness and it ended up being warehoused. Businesses are doing what they can to sell this surplus. 

That sounds right! ;)

12 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Mary came out of Wally-World yesterday all stressed out.  They rearranging everything.  Couldn't find lots of stuff.  Lot of stores, even the farm supply stores,  have been advertising back to school stuff for weeks.  

Retail resets thir stores for 4th quarter every year.  It's got to be done before Thanksgiving (and Black Friday), so starting now makes sense. Companies come out with new products for Christmas, you have the change of seasons with fall/winter clothing coming out AND the big Back to School and holiday sets in the seasonal areas.  Halloween is already in their DC'S and starting to hit their stockrooms, so it makes sense to push what toucan to the floors the school stuff sells down.  That's the next set and being ahead this time of year beats getting behind on planogram changes.  As a retailer, if you're behind in the 4th quarter, you will stay behind until late January when it finally slows down.  The problem is, when it slows down, your labor dries up and you don't have the bodies to do the work.  You don't make money out of the stockrooms, so it's gotta be on the shelf.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:44 AM, Calamity Kris said:

i never thought about that as ive never done such , i think i get where your coming from yet - these big box stores are not doing what your doing , 

Archived