SASS Wire Forum

You know you're getting old when this happens....

I booked a room for a upcoming 3 day shoot in July and I took my Discover card out of my wallet to give the hotel my card number. Room booked, okay great!

I go to the grocery store 3 hours later and when I look for my Discover card it's not there!! Yikes! I paid with another card and came home and looked all over or that DC.

I then went online, cancelled the card and they're sending me a new one, different number of course. Okay great! So where's the darn card?

I looked in my wallet again and I had put in in a slot that I have my DL, CCW, Insurance card etc. and WALLAH!!!! There she is!!! :P 

I never put my credit cards there! :angry:

Man getting old is not fun!! 

Mary checked us into a motel in Cody Wyoming.  A little different as it had an inside door to the hall and an outside door.  She came out and we parked in front of the door.  She couldn't get the door to open.  So she went back to the lobby and got the desk lady to go with her to the room. The desk lady opened the door and showed Mary the trick to it.  I came through carrying stuff. One thing was my bottle of soft drink.  Desk lady left.  We got settled in. Looked for my soft drink. Nowhere to be found.  Traced my steps. Searched the room and car and bags and boxes.  Never found it.   Not a big loss but puzzling.  Only thing I can guess is the desk lady picked it up an took it with her on implus or thinking it was left in the room.  

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

When I can't find a card I pull everything out of my wallet to check.  Usually I find it stuck between two other cards.

Well I’ll know to look in my entire wallet next time!:lol:

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

The up here, in French is VOILA!

Avez vous compre?

Sunday comic, long long time ago. Dennis the Menace

Alice has gone off somewhere, so Henry has to feed Dennis. And he cuts and he mixes and he stirs and he cooks and he flips and he does this and he does that. And finally he plates it, and sets it down in front of Dennis, saying, "VOILA!"

Dennis looks at it, and replies, "Wallah? Looks like hash to me."

Lost my wallet one day. Drove all over 3 counties trying to backtrack. Get home went to bathroom guess what's on floor. Of course all my credit cards and debit card canceled over phone already. So should you notice the chain on my wallet you will know why.

Oh yeah, I guess I should go ahead and tell you. :rolleyes:

I pretty much did the same exact thing. I stuck a credit card in behind my debit card and couldn’t find it. I looked all over. The next morning I was going to call the card in as lost and I dropped my wallet. When I picked it up and opened it the card was poking out from behind my debit card. I never put anything with the debit card slot so I never looked there. 

Last week I was a young 2LT in the army.  On our first visit to an off-post church upon arriving at my duty station, I held a baby girl.  She just got married and is having a baby now.  I'm not sure what happened, but I'm a COL, too. 

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

You remembered to put your pants on...what else do they want...Geez.

But did he remember to zip up?

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Last week I was a young 2LT in the army.  On our first visit to an off-post church upon arriving at my duty station, I held a baby girl.  She just got married and is having a baby now.  I'm not sure what happened, but I'm a COL, too. 

Wait 'til that baby has a baby and that daughter is a grandma. Our daughter # 2 has three grandkids and a fourth is on the way.

Backward reels the mind!

i always remember the couple things i forgot during the day at 2-3am , then i forget in the morning unless i get up and write it down , of course sometimes i forget where i put the note or dont recall writing it down 

getting old aint for sissys 

Archived