SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

On the morning of April first 1974, residents of the town of Sitka Alaska were going about their day like normal when they suddenly saw something that made them all immediately stop in their tracks.

The large volcano right next in Sitka, Alaska, called Mount Edgecumb was smoking and look like it was about to erupt.

Since it hadn't erupted in more than 4000 years, and wasn't expected to do so anytime soon, people were shocked and immediately began to panic.

When authorities were notified, the Coast Guard quickly sent out a helicopter to investigate and see just how much time they had before the volcano would blow.

But when the pilot arrived, all he found was a pile of burning tires on the crater, as well as the message April Fools spray painted in 50ft tall letters.

As it turns out, the entire town had just been pranked by a local named Porky Bickar.

He had been carefully planning the prank for 4 entire years, waiting for the perfect April fool's Day, with clear skies and a good view of the volcano.

With the help of a helicopter pilot he'd hired as well as 11 other friends he lifted 70 old tires to the volcano's crater and ignited them.

Although Porky had told the FAA, the fire department and even the police about his prank beforehand, he forgot about the Coast Guard.

main-qimg-186d9991700b881d7f248bd8cd834ead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Mount Edgecumb, Porky Bickar...

There has GOT to be some kind of a joke trying to happen here!

• Like 3

On 1/30/2024 at 10:33 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

On the morning of April first 1974, residents of the town of Sitka Alaska were going about their day like normal when they suddenly saw something that made them all immediately stop in their tracks.

The large volcano right next in Sitka, Alaska, called Mount Edgecumb was smoking and look like it was about to erupt.

Since it hadn't erupted in more than 4000 years, and wasn't expected to do so anytime soon, people were shocked and immediately began to panic.

When authorities were notified, the Coast Guard quickly sent out a helicopter to investigate and see just how much time they had before the volcano would blow.

But when the pilot arrived, all he found was a pile of burning tires on the crater, as well as the message April Fools spray painted in 50ft tall letters.

As it turns out, the entire town had just been pranked by a local named Porky Bickar.

He had been carefully planning the prank for 4 entire years, waiting for the perfect April fool's Day, with clear skies and a good view of the volcano.

With the help of a helicopter pilot he'd hired as well as 11 other friends he lifted 70 old tires to the volcano's crater and ignited them.

Although Porky had told the FAA, the fire department and even the police about his prank beforehand, he forgot about the Coast Guard.

They still tell the story up there.

• Like 1

The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident, an Anchorage man answered his door to find two grim-faced Alaska State Troopers.

“We’re sorry Mr. Wilkens, but we have some information about your wife,” said one of the troopers.

“Tell me! Did you find her?” Wilkens exclaimed.

The troopers looked at each other. One said, “We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which would you like to hear first?”

Fearing the worst, Mr. Wilkens said, “Give me the bad news first.”

The trooper said, “I’m sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife’s body in Kachemak Bay.”

“Oh my God!” exclaimed Wilkens. Swallowing hard, he asked, “What’s the good news?”

The trooper continued, “When we pulled her up, she had 12 twenty-five-pound king crabs and 6 good-sized Dungeness crabs clinging to her, and we feel you are entitled to a share in the catch.”

Stunned, Mr. Wilkens demanded, “If that’s the good news, then what’s the great news?”

The trooper replied, “We’re gonna pull her up again tomorrow.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Jesus was walking around Heaven one day. In a small, secluded garden He saw an old man, crying. Alarmed, Jesus ran up to him and said, “Hey, now, what’s all this? This is paradise. There should be no tears or sorrow.”

The old man wiped away his tears and said, “Oh, I know. I’m sorry. But… well, many years ago, a son came to me through… well, let’s say ‘mysterious circumstances’. After many trials he went through a miraculous transformation, and a book was written about him that became known the world over. I thought I would find him here, but I haven’t. I’m afraid I’ll never see him again.”

Wide-eyed, Jesus looked at the man and said, “Wait a minute… You weren’t, by any chance… a carpenter, were you?”

The man looked up in surprise. “Why, yes. Yes, I was!”

Jesus burst into tears of joy and held out His arms saying, “Father!”

The man cocked his head doubtfully and said, “Pinocchio???”

• Haha 6

TCM one time, they told this story about Cary. Said he got buttonholed by a tourist in Hollywood, who asked him if he had seen any movie stars. Said that she had been out there for 3 days and had not seen any movie stars, and was getting very frustrated.

And he commiserated with her. Told her that movie stars were pretty good about hiding. He said that he seldom saw any of them just walking down the street.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 1/27/2024 at 9:11 PM, Alpo said:

With the butt sitting right on top of the caption, when you read the caption you're staring right at the butt. Then that bright green t-shirt above the butt draws your eye away from the muted dark background. Of course you don't see the Oreo. The picture's made to have you look at the girl.

You say that like it is a bad thing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:11 PM, Alpo said:

With the butt sitting right on top of the caption, when you read the caption you're staring right at the butt. Then that bright green t-shirt above the butt draws your eye away from the muted dark background. Of course you don't see the Oreo. The picture's made to have you look at the girl.

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

You say that like it is a bad thing

The difference is that I could DO something with the Oreo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1706897201951.jpg.d5f09d40fa19fbc4c1515dc38cb20a5b.jpg

Wearing your good pajamas?

• Haha 5