SASS Wire Forum

I really hate decisions!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

41 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

WOW!!!!!! ......

....... Pepsi made with real sugar .........   who'da thunk it .....   :o

Remember when?

Yup...Corn tears me up (even in whiskey) but, I can tolerate a couple of these.

..... in this time and age, for a company to not only put sugar in a product, but to openly proclaim in legible lettering right there on the label .......

............... amazing .........   :blink:

:wub:

53 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... in this time and age, for a company to not only put sugar in a product, but to openly proclaim in legible lettering right there on the label .......

That's a big thing here in the states. They charge more money for it. Most soda pop here is made using high fructose corn syrup. And every once in a while they will run some stuff out made with sugar. They call it throwback, or retro. Something like that. To make the point that that's the way it was way back when, when your grandma was a little girl.

A regular 20 ounce bottle of Coke run you about 50 to 75 cents. A 10 ounce bottle of Coke from Mexico, which is made with sugar, runs about $2.

Still won’t drink Pepsi!!  Just tastes flat and nasty to me!  Either Coke or RC are vastly superior in flavor to me.

YMMV!!

37 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Still won’t drink Pepsi!!  Just tastes flat and nasty to me!  Either Coke or RC are vastly superior in flavor to me.

YMMV!!

So far Pepsi is the only 'made with REAL sugar' I am finding.

10 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Remember when butter was bad?  I flash back to the two scientists in the Far Side Cartoons "This time, Bob, we'll tell them water is bad for them!"

Done that.:( Try getting a kid to drink tap water, much less from a water hose.

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

If you sent this in a school kids lunchbox..... SWAT and Children's Protective Services would be outside your door :)

20220325_125730.thumb.jpg.4280ee602db78c68ff75d855bb438942.jpg.c38a292720808013da0c932daa2e7917.jpg

Not enough info. 

I need:

Time of day?

Temperature and weather?

Coffee brand?

Tea brand?

Recent food?

Pending food?

<_<

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

YMMV!!

RC is almost an unknown here, .... but I'll take a Pepsi over Coke anyevery day .......  :mellow:

31 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not enough info. 

I need:

Time of day?

Temperature and weather?

Coffee brand?

Tea brand?

Recent food?

Pending food?

<_<

Was mid day...and I drank all 3!!!

Trips to the bathroom? Uncountable!!!

When someone questions me about my refusal to drink Pepsi, my reply is, “ If I wanted something that flat and that sweet, I’d never have married Schoolmarm!” :rolleyes::lol:

3 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

All that caffeine in coffee will stunt your grow…that’s why I drink Mountain Dew.

There is More Caffeine in Mountain Dew than in Pepsi and most coffee .

But Coffee and Mountain Dew both taste better than that stuff called Pepsi.

Jabez Cowboy

OK , im a caffeine person , coffee in the morning but no pop/soda in my diet at all and im no tea fan 

i read this and hear you loud and clear - think about it this way , you wanted what you wanted - im not judging in any way 

dont get me wrong - i married a strong woman , i learned a long time ago my input was not needed most of the time , i rather like the idea of not thinking for two , ill have a beer please 

I used to be a four to six can a day Coca Cola man.  I rediscovered sarsaparilla a couple of years back, but only two brands are sold locally and they are often out of stock. 

I have found that Dr. Pepper is a fair substitute.

I keep Coke, Sprite, and A&W root beer on hand for visitors.....and Ovaltine, Crystal Light sweet tea, peach tea, and lemonade, too.....and bottled water.....and regular and decaf coffee.....and a few various kinds of tea bags.

A person may starve at my place but they will never be dehydrated or thirsty unless they want to be.

For health reasons, I had to give up all sodas; before that, I was an 8-10 Diet Cokes per day drinker. I don't drink coffee or tea; never have.  That left me with water, basically.

Now, I use Sunkist or Crush orange drink powders.  Mix one with 16 oz. of spring water, and pour it over ice.  No fat, no caffeine, no sugar, no corn syrup, almost no calories.  Sure cures the water boredom.

LL

Sunkist Soda Orange Singles To Go Drink Mix, 0.74 OZ, 6 CT

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I used to be a four to six can a day Coca Cola man.  I rediscovered sarsaparilla a couple of years back, but only two brands are sold locally and they are often out of stock. 

I keep Coke, Sprite, and A&W root beer on hand for visitors.....and Ovaltine, Crystal Light sweet tea, peach tea, and lemonade, too.....and bottled water.....and regular and decaf coffee.....and a few various kinds of tea bags.

A person may starve at my place but they will never be dehydrated or thirsty unless they want to be.

I was a Pepper growing up, and up untill 5 or so years ago...when corn products started to be issue.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I was a Pepper growing up, and up untill 5 or so years ago...when corn products started to be issue.

My spouse's cancer doctor told her to only sweeten with stevia, or monk fruit....NEVER anything else....especially high fructose corn syrup, or sugar.

He told her sugar, and high fructose corn syrup, feeds cancer cells, and also that is one reason we have an epidemic of type 2 diabetes in this country, and one reason why we know so many others (and perhaps ourselves included), have, and are dealing with, cancer.

He recommended a book to read, entitled: Sugar Blues, by William Dufty.

Perhaps, if we can read, we should all read that book.

Of course it might tell us some things we had rather not hear, so that could be a "reason" not to read it.   

Just passing on what the cancer doctor told her. (I saved you some money on a doctor visit, by telling you that for free, by the way.) 

For soft drinks, we buy "Zevia", in various flavors (black cherry, root beer, cola, cherry cola, ginger ale, "Dr" Zevia).

It contains stevia as a sweetener, and not high fructose corn syrup, or white refined sugar.

No, it doesn't taste as good, but it beats feeding cancer, and/or acquiring type 2 diabetes...wouldn't you say? 

There ya go.

W.K. 

47 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

My spouse's cancer doctor told her to only sweeten with stevia, or monk fruit....NEVER anything else....especially high fructose corn syrup, or sugar.

He told her sugar, and high fructose corn syrup, feeds cancer cells, and also that is one reason we have an epidemic of type 2 diabetes in this country, and one reason why we know so many others (and perhaps ourselves included), have, and are dealing with, cancer.

He recommended a book to read, entitled: Sugar Blues, by William Dufty.

Perhaps, if we can read, we should all read that book.

Of course it might tell us some things we had rather not hear, so that could be a "reason" not to read it.   

Just passing on what the cancer doctor told her. (I saved you some money on a doctor visit, by telling you that for free, by the way.) 

For soft drinks, we buy "Zevia", in various flavors (black cherry, root beer, cola, cherry cola, ginger ale, "Dr" Zevia).

It contains stevia as a sweetener, and not high fructose corn syrup, or white refined sugar.

No, it doesn't taste as good, but it beats feeding cancer, and/or acquiring type 2 diabetes...wouldn't you say? 

There ya go.

W.K. 

Yes. I knew Sugar was a 'cancer' feeder.

I really only have one every so often.

Probably one too many per your statement.

Real sugar is premium stuff in the US; because, of the import restrictions & tariffs to protect the income of millionaire owner sugar growers in FL, MS & LA.  The cost of sugar got so high for the candy maker Brach's that they moved to Canada.  Pretty much all processed foods & beverages now use high fructose corn syrup to save cost.

Archived