SASS Wire Forum

Weather

Utah Bob #35998

56° for the high here today. 62 in Denver which is over 300 miles north of here. 226 days since they’ve had measurable snow there.  Weird stuff.

74 here today and sunny. Got the last of my metal signs up in the garage.

I remember a couple of years ago we left for Maui on Dec 5. It was snowing as we drove out the driveway.

75 here in Nashville today!!

Schoolmarm planted fifty tulips this afternoon!!

75 for a high yesterday.   I worked outside most of the day in T-shirt. 

We've not had significant rain in past month allowing good conditions to work in the woods.  I've been harvesting dead white oak trees for firewood.  I hope I'm working on inventory for next winter.  I'm kind of looking forward to more seasonal weather.  I'm about used up and have some projects to get started on.  

31 and heavy fog this morning. Ice on the truck when Kaya and I got to our hunting spot. Deer seem to like it. Lots of movement this morning.

This is a farm and ranch county. Without the winter moisture we’re pretty much screwed economically.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

At 63° Floridians wear parkas.

Not this one.  I was teasing my co-workers for coming into the office in fleece or puffer jackets while I waltzed in wearing shirt sleeves.  It was in the 50's at O-dark 30 in the morning.  {We usually arrive at 5:30.}

Last year, it was well below zero and 14+ inches of snow at my house by the end of November. This year, it's been in the 60's, and may have hit 70 a day or two back. Today is the end of it though - high tomorrow is predicted to be 33, then 32 Monday, and down to 28 mid-week. No snow in the long range forecast yet.

Both our home near Utah Bob, as well as our home in the high desert of NM are in desperate need of several years of good moisture to relieve the years of drought.

I pray for a strong winter, especially in the high country...that will stick around for a good long time!!!

Here in the Sandhills of NC it was 74°F this afternoon. I sat out on the back deck and carved Christmas Ornaments.

CJ

Archived