Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

DUMB things We Do


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

How much you wanna bet most of those pictures were taken in Russia?

And Alabama.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know. I have seen similar things here in California. The kicker was the three knuckleheads with a ladder on a scaffold on a fully raised scissor lift on a forklift in downtown Los Angeles across from my rail shop. They were painting the roof edge of a 4 story building. I have a Polaroid of that one somewhere. 
 

I reported them to CalOSHA. They called me back 3 weeks later and wanted me to provide a lot of info and do their footwork for them. I happily agreed and never called them back. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to mute it!!  I ain’t dumb enough to listen to crappy country music!!!

 

You play that stuff backwards and it increases your IQ!!

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sounded like Patsy Cline in the background, great!! One of the few country singers I like!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

"Crappy country music"??

 

That was Tammy Wynette.

 

"Crappy country music" my butt. That was country gold.


Yeah! Tammy Wynette! UMPH!

 

Patsy Cline might be country gold, (if there is such a thing) but Tammy was country trash!!

 

My opinion, of course.  There’s little country music that is gold and the new stuff is even worse!!

 

Most of those old country musicians played rock or blues when they weren’t on stage!!  I saw a LOT of that, growing up in Nashville!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:


Yeah! Tammy Wynette! UMPH!

 

Patsy Cline might be country gold, (if there is such a thing) but Tammy was country trash!!

 

My opinion, of course.  There’s little country music that is gold and the new stuff is even worse!!

 

Most of those old country musicians played rock or blues when they weren’t on stage!!  I saw a LOT of that, growing up in Nashville!!

I agree 100%, there are very few country artists I like, but pard we are both musicians and I think we actually listen to music a lot different than most folks. Not to sound snobbish but we've both been playing playing music (myself drums and some guitar and piano) professionally for years! 

 

I have a Bill Evans CD on right now. softly in the background!;)

 

I was in Nashville about 20 years ago, we went to some bar/restaurant in the middle of town (???) and there were musicians that were off the road, guys that were touring with different country artists. They had an open jam session. They were NOT playing country music! Far from it they were jamming on some Rock, Blues and jazz tunes. It was great!;)

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the life of me, I will never understand why someone feels the need to make a post or make a comment purely to be insulting. Saying something they know or should know will slam the tastes of plenty of others on the forum. If one has to comment, how hard is it to simply say one's tastes are different, don't care for it, whatever?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 4:08 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Had to mute it!!  I ain’t dumb enough to listen to crappy country music!!!

 

You play that stuff backwards and it increases your IQ!!

And here I was going to sing Stand By Your Man at CAC 2022!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 

 

 ... so,  y'all ain't hear'd Chad Morgan yet ?

 

 

 

 

 

sorry

:blush:

We call 'em Bubba teeth here...guess they are Chad Morgan teeth there!!!

So, is this Kathouse Keli and Clancy's alter egos Papa???

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We call 'em Bubba teeth here...guess they are Chad Morgan teeth there!!!

So, is this Kathouse Keli and Clancy's alter egos Papa???

 

 ......................  possibly ..... no DNA test yet .......

 

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

And here I was going to sing Stand By Your Man at CAC 2022!!!!


Hey! Sue!  I’m sure you will do the song justice!!  Trust me!  It wasn’t the song!

 

7 hours ago, DocWard said:

For the life of me, I will never understand why someone feels the need to make a post or make a comment purely to be insulting. Saying something they know or should know will slam the tastes of plenty of others on the forum. If one has to comment, how hard is it to simply say one's tastes are different, don't care for it, whatever?

 

In my case, it’s partly from being forced to listen to the worst of it when I was a kid! This and my own long hair when I was growing up were the only true bones of contention between my father and me. We fought, hammer and tong, over what I was allowed to listen to. He only accepted my music many many years later, after seeing and hearing me perform live, not long before he passed.

 

It’s kinda’ like some people who survived drowning incidents. Many of them don’t like bodies of water, rivers, or swimming pools.

 

There songs and artists that transcend genres. For me there are a few Country performers and some country songs that I appreciate and even a few that I will perform.  There is also a very large list of today’s rock, some blues, and almost all of the rap out there that I feel should probably never been recorded, much less released!

 

 I made my comment, not to offend or belittle anyone, but to point out that the song being played was off putting to me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.