SASS Wire Forum

J-BAR #18287

The failed post was an attempt to brag on my son.  He wrote a book about playing catch every day for a year.  Sports announcer Bob Costas liked it so much that he gave Ethan a 30-second audio promo, but I could not get the audio clip in the post to play.  So I scrubbed the whole thing.  Nothing earth-shattering, just a moment of pride.

4 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The failed post was an attempt to brag on my son.  He wrote a book about playing catch every day for a year.  Sports announcer Bob Costas liked it so much that he gave Ethan a 30-second audio promo, but I could not get the audio clip in the post to play.  So I scrubbed the whole thing.  Nothing earth-shattering, just a moment of pride.

Nothing wrong with that. Congrats to him!

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

Nothing wrong with that. Congrats to him!

Ditto! That is pretty darn cool, J-Bar.

17 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You have every reason to be proud of him:excl:

What's the book's title? 

OLG 

1 minute ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

very nice!  Give us the name of the book!

A Year Of Playing Catch by Ethan Bryan

Thanks for asking!  :lol:

1 minute ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

A Year Of Playing Catch by Ethan Bryan

Thanks for asking!  :lol:

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=a+year+of+playin+catch&ref=nb_sb_noss_2  

Here’s the description that’s on Amazon:

Journey with prolific author and avid baseball fan Ethan Bryan on an exciting quest to play catch every day for a year, and discover the lessons he learned about the sacredness of play, finding connections, and being fully present to the human experience. 

Ethan Bryan played and wrote about baseball for years. Then his daughters challenged him to set out on a yearlong experiment: to play catch with someone every day. This experience led him across 10 states and 12,000 miles on a quest both quixotic and inspiring.

Taking you from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to the home of the Daytona Tortugas in Florida, Bryan played ball and swapped stories with public school teachers, veterans, journalists, nurses, musicians, entertainers, entrepreneurs, athletes from every level--amateur to pro--and members of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. Plus, he visited famous destinations such as the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Miracle League fields, and the original "Field of Dreams" in Iowa.

But throughout the book, Bryan reveals it's about much more than who he played catch with: it's what he learned from their vastly different stories. Lessons include:

• How play can reignite a fire within you and transform your life
  • How to find joy in the simple things
  • How one life can impact a whole community
  • . . . and more.

For baseball fans and everyone who loves a good story, A Year of Playing Catch is an inspiring journey about finding joy in the simple things, and the power of play to transform our lives.

J-Bar you have every reason to be proud and to let everyone know.  With all the bad news these days it’s good to see something simple and good. 

Archived