SASS Wire Forum

How Was Your Day?

Subdeacon Joe

'Bout sums it up!!

Had a lousy day, yesterday!! The guy who agreed to buy my old Camaro crawfished on the deal! I waited around for half a day for him instead of going out shooting with my son and grandson. Then he sent his thuggish looking kid over here to nose around the car and my shop before calling and trying to tell me that he needed to come and look at the car himself. I'd already cut the price to the bone. The T-tops and the steering column are worth what I agreed to sell it to him for!!! I told the kid that when his front wheels hit the street, the deal was off! Texted the actual buyer and told him it was no longer for sale to him! WHOLE MORNING WASTED!!

I kicked back in my chair for a spell and did my best to get a lid on my temper. When J. Mark got here, I headed back to the shop! Going down the stairs from the house, I dropped everything I was carrying!! When I went to pick it all up, I then dropped my cane!! I scrambled around for a minute or two and dropped EVERYTHING at least once more!! I finally picked up the cane and a bundle of engine bags and stomped off to the shop!! J' Mark had to come and get the rest of the stuff!! I'm angry AGAIN!!

Went on and did a few things around the shop and even accomplished a few things!! Actually got a couple of long awaited projects off the books!! When we finished up, I headed back to the house for a late supper. Schoolmarm had cooked up some REALLY GOOD chili and I was ready for a bowl. I went into the kitchen to get it and proceeded to knock my cane over, spilling the dog's water dish, turning over and dumping my tea class all over the counter, and making a complete mess of the kitchen!! At this point, I began using language that would melt a drill sergeant's face!! I proceeded to clean up the mess, refill the dog's bowl, and wipe up the spills on the counter and floor, all the time still ranting at just below ear shattering decibel level!!

Returning to the task of getting myself some supper, I refilled my tea glass, dipped me out a generous bowl of the chili, put it in the microwave oven to warm up, moved my tea glass to the table next to my chair, and returned to the kitchen, STILL pretty irritated and contemplating how much of a $#!T day it had been. I muttered to myself as I approached the microwave, "Now watch! I'll probably drop the damned chili!!"

GUESS WHAT!!!!

Yep! It didn't spill completely, but a nice portion was seen to run down the cabinet and onto the floor. There was more down the front of my clothes and even some on my shoes!!! At this point, I went full bat $#!T crazy at a sound level that would crumble small mountains!! Even the dog ran off to the bedroom! Schoolmarm came to see if I'd managed to kill myself and quickly retreated to the bedroom herself.

I cleaned up the mess, added another dab of chili to that still in the bowl, and FINALLY sat down to get myself fed. I didn't even take off the soiled garments and shoes! I just wiped off the worst of it and sat down and ate!! I pulled the clothes and shoes off when I went to bed and waited 'til then to clean off my shoes.

And how was YOUR day??  :o :angry: :wacko: :lol:

Me too. Spent the weekend putting price tags on all the cowboy guns and stuff. Along with the reloaders. Haven't been able to shoot in a year now and it's time to face reality which has been tough. Will try and sell the stuff at the Missouri State Shoot this Thursday. Sunset is fast approaching for me and need to get it done. By myself with no family to pass anything on so will be selling great-grandpa's, great-uncle's trapdoor and 97. Also a original Stevens 410 from around 1913. Lots of stuff, breaks my heart, but needs to be done. Then the home I could never have dreamed of having. Just stuff, doesn't matter. 

Just ranten, that's all. got that over.

Sunday was a good day, just didn't last long enough.

Monday is back to work for 5 more days which will certainly take away from the potential the week might have had...:huh:

Great day Sunday, with one dark spot.  Was using the 4 wheeler (2004 Arctic Cat 400) to clean up some debris from the yard, and it quit running.  Would start and idle, but would die when I tried to accelerate it.  Exactly the same symptoms I had two years ago, which turned out to be a $650 repair by replacing the fly wheel.  The really dark part was having to load it by hand onto my trailer by myself.  I'm already taking ibuprofen this morning.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Sunday was a good day, just didn't last long enough.

Monday is back to work for 5 more days which will certainly take away from the potential the week might have had...:huh:

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

Sunday was a great day! Hung out at my son's house and my other son was there too! Ate, watched some football and baseball and then watched a really interesting documentary about Steely Dan in the recording studio. We're all musicians and love Steely Dan music!

It was a great day especially after a complete TRAIN WRECK Saturday at a cowboy shoot! Rifles messed up. both of them, bad primers and a SDQ!! Yikes!! Sunday was a saving grace for sure!

Yesterday was a good day. I am in CoVid quarantine pending surgery Thursday so I couldn’t do a lot. I loaded up a couple of hundred rounds of 9mm. Got to try out my new RCBS Automatic Primer, something I am very happy with. ;)

I went for a CoVid isolation motorcycle ride. 
I made oven baked hot wings and a nice salad for dinner and spent time with my wife watching Black List on Netflix. 
All in all, a very nice day. 

I wonder if it was so nice because I didn’t have to interact with other people?...

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Great day Sunday, with one dark spot.  Was using the 4 wheeler (2004 Arctic Cat 400) to clean up some debris from the yard, and it quit running.  Would start and idle, but would die when I tried to accelerate it.  Exactly the same symptoms I had two years ago, which turned out to be a $650 repair by replacing the fly wheel.  The really dark part was having to load it by hand onto my trailer by myself.  I'm already taking ibuprofen this morning.

Did they replace it with the superceeded solid flywheel or with your flywheel and reset the magnets?

14 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Did they replace it with the superceeded solid flywheel or with your flywheel and reset the magnets?

The replaced the flywheel with one that the magnets were mechanically attached instead of with adhesive.   

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

'Bout sums it up!!

Had a lousy day, yesterday!! The guy who agreed to buy my old Camaro crawfished on the deal! I waited around for half a day for him instead of going out shooting with my son and grandson. Then he sent his thuggish looking kid over here to nose around the car and my shop before calling and trying to tell me that he needed to come and look at the car himself. I'd already cut the price to the bone. The T-tops and the steering column are worth what I agreed to sell it to him for!!! I told the kid that when his front wheels hit the street, the deal was off! Texted the actual buyer and told him it was no longer for sale to him! WHOLE MORNING WASTED!!

I kicked back in my chair for a spell and did my best to get a lid on my temper. When J. Mark got here, I headed back to the shop! Going down the stairs from the house, I dropped everything I was carrying!! When I went to pick it all up, I then dropped my cane!! I scrambled around for a minute or two and dropped EVERYTHING at least once more!! I finally picked up the cane and a bundle of engine bags and stomped off to the shop!! J' Mark had to come and get the rest of the stuff!! I'm angry AGAIN!!

Went on and did a few things around the shop and even accomplished a few things!! Actually got a couple of long awaited projects off the books!! When we finished up, I headed back to the house for a late supper. Schoolmarm had cooked up some REALLY GOOD chili and I was ready for a bowl. I went into the kitchen to get it and proceeded to knock my cane over, spilling the dog's water dish, turning over and dumping my tea class all over the counter, and making a complete mess of the kitchen!! At this point, I began using language that would melt a drill sergeant's face!! I proceeded to clean up the mess, refill the dog's bowl, and wipe up the spills on the counter and floor, all the time still ranting at just below ear shattering decibel level!!

Returning to the task of getting myself some supper, I refilled my tea glass, dipped me out a generous bowl of the chili, put it in the microwave oven to warm up, moved my tea glass to the table next to my chair, and returned to the kitchen, STILL pretty irritated and contemplating how much of a $#!T day it had been. I muttered to myself as I approached the microwave, "Now watch! I'll probably drop the damned chili!!"

GUESS WHAT!!!!

Yep! It didn't spill completely, but a nice portion was seen to run down the cabinet and onto the floor. There was more down the front of my clothes and even some on my shoes!!! At this point, I went full bat $#!T crazy at a sound level that would crumble small mountains!! Even the dog ran off to the bedroom! Schoolmarm came to see if I'd managed to kill myself and quickly retreated to the bedroom herself.

I cleaned up the mess, added another dab of chili to that still in the bowl, and FINALLY sat down to get myself fed. I didn't even take off the soiled garments and shoes! I just wiped off the worst of it and sat down and ate!! I pulled the clothes and shoes off when I went to bed and waited 'til then to clean off my shoes.

Man, do I know what this is about.  I've developed some back issues that have forced me to use a cane, get a special bed, stop shooting, stop working, and pretty much spend my life sitting down.  Every day is a challange to figure out how to carry plates or bowls, retreive the mail, move packages in from the front step, negotiate stairs, and avoid disaster.  I've never cursed, yelled or complained so much in my life.  Bottom line is that I'm angry at myself...with no one to blame but myself, I need to vent - often and loudly.  Covid has suspended my PT treatments, but if we can get past this hiatus of life, I hope to get the use of my body back again.

Don't despair; follow the MD's directions; do your therapy; yell if it helps, but make sure your sweetheart knows that you are not angry with her.  You may want to let your wife know, too.

Damned canes!

LL

34 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

The replaced the flywheel with one that the magnets were mechanically attached instead of with adhesive.   

Just spoke with my ATV repair guy.  He suspects fuel system (carburetor issues) as he's never seen one of the replacement flywheels fail.

1 minute ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Just spoke with my ATV repair guy.  He suspects fuel system (carburetor issues) as he's never seen one of the replacement flywheels fail.

Funny; that was my first thought.  That new gasoline is tough on small engine fuel systems, especially if you let it sit for any period of time with no stabilizer in the tank.  I have developed an intimate relationship with the carburetors on my tractor and snow blower.

LL

Just now, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Funny; that was my first thought.  That new gasoline is tough on small engine fuel systems, especially if you let it sit for any period of time with no stabilizer in the tank.  I have developed an intimate relationship with the carburetors on my tractor and snow blower.

LL

Agreed on gas with ethanol in it.  But I've owned this bike since 2008, and it's never had anything but high test non ethanol gas in it.  The Husky lawn mower I have is the same way, and it can sit all winter and start on the first turn of the key.  

49 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Then it is not the flywheel.  The replacement has a metal liner that keeps the oil from getting to the adhesive.  

Edit: the stator wires can rub coming through the case and cause similar but less consistent symptoms or stop ignition completely.

This weekend sucked! I have a deer tap beginning Oct 1 in Wyoming. Friday a fire started in the National Forest in the unit I plan on hunting. Grew fast to 20,000 acres and all public lands are closed. Hunt is in doubt now!

5 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Agreed on gas with ethanol in it.  But I've owned this bike since 2008, and it's never had anything but high test non ethanol gas in it.  The Husky lawn mower I have is the same way, and it can sit all winter and start on the first turn of the key.  

If the fuel hose is original, it will start crumbling from the inside regardless of the fuel quality.  The little rubber bits are great at blocking fuel to the main jet.

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

'Bout sums it up!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!

Sounds like this guy's bad day.....

8 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Sounds like this guy's bad day.....

Yep!!  That’s about it!!

I posted that earlier story, (every bit of it true and factual) for the humor in it looking back!!  None of it was funny at the time, but if one wasn’t offended by my language, it must have looked hilarious to any spectators!!

My dependence on the cane is temporary and other than walking, which I use the cane to offload some of the pressure on the foot that is slowly healing for the fourth time, I’m able to do most anything I want to do.  My forced inactivity HAS diminished my strength and stamina a good bit and has frustrated me beyond belief, but I’m back in the gym and back in the shop and as soon as the foot heals I will get back to shooting and riding my motorcycle.

Meantime, the band is rocking, my projects are progressing, and I get to see my grandson fairly often. B)

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Man, do I know what this is about.  I've developed some back issues that have forced me to use a cane, get a special bed, stop shooting, stop working, and pretty much spend my life sitting down.  Every day is a challange to figure out how to carry plates or bowls, retreive the mail, move packages in from the front step, negotiate stairs, and avoid disaster.  I've never cursed, yelled or complained so much in my life.  Bottom line is that I'm angry at myself...with no one to blame but myself, I need to vent - often and loudly.  Covid has suspended my PT treatments, but if we can get past this hiatus of life, I hope to get the use of my body back again.

Don't despair; follow the MD's directions; do your therapy; yell if it helps, but make sure your sweetheart knows that you are not angry with her.  You may want to let your wife know, too.

Damned canes!

LL

Loophole,

As you know I have a little experience with canes and physical issues. I completely understand your frustration. 

I am sorry to hear about your back issues. 

Just a couple of pieces of advice that I hope will help you. 

I know they aren’t sexy or cool but consider a cane with feet. They come in various colors so the usual silver isn’t the only option. After dropping or knocking your cane over a few times the canes with feet will look a little more attractive. Bending to pick up a cane is a real PITA. 

This is called a “Hurry-cane” you can find them on line and they also make a collapsible one for ease of transport. 
C738987C-33EA-4B69-855D-2A7DEBD7123C.jpeg.007c9c6f7f4e7b1c8069aa3f08ccdebf.jpeg

There are other variations like this foot that can be put on a regular cane. 

https://www.easycomforts.com/buy-super-big-foot-cane-tip-360728?query=Cane foot&referrer=%2Fsearch-page

They also have a cane with the above attachment 

https://www.easycomforts.com/buy-adjustable-folding-cane-with-super-big-foot-363350?query=Cane foot&referrer=%2Fsearch-page

Then there is the 4 footed version, found pretty much everywhere. 

Regarding PT, I wouldn’t give up on it because you cannot go to their facility. I bought myself a yoga mat on Amazon and a stretch strap and did my own PT at home after my back surgery 3 months ago. I still do it every morning. 

Yoga mat - I found this one to be very good compared to others I have tried. it also has an extra knee pad. 

BalanceFrom GoYoga+ All-Purpose 1/2-Inch Extra Thick High Density Anti-Tear Exercise Yoga Mat and Knee Pad with Carrying Strap https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07SM25CXH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4NmAFbG66FPJY

Stretch Strap - this is very helpful in stretching your lower back. It has a pictorial instruction sheet that is helpful and it’s longer than most stretch straps. Very helpful. 
SANKUU Yoga Strap, Multi-Loop Strap, 12 Loops Yoga Stretch Strap, Nonelastic Stretch Strap for Physical Therapy, Pilates, Dance and Gymnastics with Carry Bag https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07H4LXTZV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dQmAFbEJ1QA18

I also bought a DVD on beginning yoga. I cannot do some of the things on here but the Upward and Downward Facing Dog exercises, which were a real b**** to do at first really are wonderful for my back. So is the Child’s Pose. 

Yoga for Beginners DVD: 8 Yoga Video Routines for Beginners. Includes Gentle Yoga Workouts to Increase Strength & Flexibility https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000H8RVSO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WUmAFb5FHDBWN

Doing PT at home can be a hassle but if you stick with it it can be very beneficial. 

When my wife has a bad day; she decides it’s gonna be bad and stay bad.  When I have a bad day, I know my wife will scold me for ruining her good day with my bad day.  So, I swallow it and count my blessings; turn lemons into lemonade; turn my frown upside-down; at the first inkling of a bad day.  It keeps my anger and frustrations in check, I don’t let it screw everything else up.  It works for me....unless, my wife has a bad day....

Archived