SASS Wire Forum

Should Trump Pardon Them?

Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Their biggest crime, was lousy acting...........:D

OLG

+ all four

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Besides the only crimes they are guilty of is wasting ammunition and not being able to the the broad side of a barn if they were locked inside. :D

Three groups you definitely don't want on your side in a gunfight... the A-Team, Imperial Stormtroopers, and the cartoon GI-Joe characters.

Ah, come on, folks...the A-team was all in good fun!

MacGyver combined with Combat! and Mission Impossible !!!

And lots of vehicles tipping over, lots of rounds fired, lots of rockets in the air, and NOBODY killed!   

Har!

I preferred George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Blue Max and Banacek - but time marches on.

LL

13 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Ah, come on, folks...the A-team was all in good fun!

MacGyver combined with Combat! and Mission Impossible !!!

And lots of vehicles tipping over, lots of rounds fired, lots of rockets in the air, and NOBODY killed!   

Har!

I preferred George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Blue Max and Banacek - but time marches on.

LL

Yes, for a while, the Caesar-cut was called the Banacek. My brother got his long hair cut to a Banacek until he got tired of my teasing.

My haircutter retired recently, and I was forced to put myself into the hands of a young lady fairly fresh out of hairdresser's school.  After several attempts to describe to her what I wanted, I just said "Cut it like Banacek".

Total blank stare; she had no idea who I was talking about.  So I got more specific - ""Like George Peppard!"  Another blank stare.

About this time, the realization hit me.  I'm old.  Time to go back to a barbershop.  If I can find one.  They'll know who George Peppard is.

LL

1 hour ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Yes, for a while, the Caesar-cut was called the Banacek. My brother got his long hair cut to a Banacek until he got tired of my teasing.

HAIR?

Hair.

What is this "Hair" you speak of?

Grenville 3 Cowboy Action Golf June 3 2017 The Baldies.jpg

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Did it suddenly get bright in here?

Well, they do make us wear our Stetsons.

If we don't, the posse all wear sunglasses.

8 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

My haircutter retired recently, and I was forced to put myself into the hands of a young lady fairly fresh out of hairdresser's school.  After several attempts to describe to her what I wanted, I just said "Cut it like Banacek".

Total blank stare; she had no idea who I was talking about.  So I got more specific - ""Like George Peppard!"  Another blank stare.

About this time, the realization hit me.  I'm old.  Time to go back to a barbershop.  If I can find one.  They'll know who George Peppard is.

LL

My barber went on vacation, so I visited a new barber at “the Boardroom”, an excuse to pay $40 for a bad haircut and 2 or 3 “free” beers.  I asked for a Caesar-cut and ALSO got a blank stare. She went to hair-dressing school, not barber school. She couldn’t legally give me a shave either because this particular cutter didn’t have a barber license.  I made sure I got 3 beers in order to get closer to my money’s worth.

32 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

My barber went on vacation, so I visited a new barber at “the Boardroom”, an excuse to pay $40 for a bad haircut and 2 or 3 “free” beers.  I asked for a Caesar-cut and ALSO got a blank stare. She went to hair-dressing school, not barber school. She couldn’t legally give me a shave either because this particular cutter didn’t have a barber license.  I made sure I got 3 beers in order to get closer to my money’s worth.

Yep; same problem here.  Barbershops have disappeared, replaced by "salons", peopled by hairdressers who, by law, cannot use a straight-razor or shave a customer (and aren't trained to do so, either).  Forty bucks for a sub-par haircut, with ragged edges and an untrimmed beard and moustache (they don't train them to do that, either).  No shave around the neck or ears.  No shave cream machine  or witch hazel on the counter, so none of the aromas that signaled "haircut" 30 years ago.  No steaming towels, either.

What we need are some updated barbershops - men only, maybe with a pool table, a couple of big screens, a humidor, a decent bar, and some modern barbers who can style hair, shave, trim and refrain from asking wifely questions.

Hey, maybe I've stumbled upon my retirement job!

LL

9 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

You still have hair? OMG-:P

:lol:

OLG

ANYBODY not really right fits in hereabouts!

Heck, they let me in didn't they?

(Or maybe it was a slow day and they didn't have enough applicants. Is there a quota system in place???)

11 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

ANYBODY not really right fits in hereabouts!

Heck, they let me in didn't they?

(Or maybe it was a slow day and they didn't have enough applicants. Is there a quota system in place???)

Just don't start too many threads or the post police will trash you. Seems they don't know how to use the "ignore" feature or skip threads they have no interest in.

13 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

HAIR?

Hair.

What is this "Hair" you speak of?

Grenville 3 Cowboy Action Golf June 3 2017 The Baldies.jpg

You shouldn’t let your mother brush your hair when she’s angry with your father.

$40 for a haircut?

Holy ****! That’s ridiculous.

I am pretty sure that one could do their own Banacek or Caesar with a Flowbie. But $40 for a haircut like that? Sounds like a flippin’ haircutter conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And lots of it; every haircutter I have seen has told me I will never be bald.

Too bad I can't get a similar guarantee about not getting fat; that battle is over.

LL

They used to tell me that too. I thought it was like a worker complaint about how hard he was working in order to get a good tip.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And lots of it; every haircutter I have seen has told me I will never be bald.

Too bad I can't get a similar guarantee about not getting fat; that battle is over.

LL

Got to learn to pick your battles. :lol:

So far-I'm losing at both.........:rolleyes:

OLG

Archived