SASS Wire Forum

Who is Gunzilla?

One simple cannot explain nor describe Gunzilla.  One must experience Gunzilla!! :)

Hes a really nice and neat guy who has more fun than most at any match.  His costumes are normally outrageous.  His choices of firearms need to seen, but his shotgun is great.  I believe it's a pair of over/under shotguns with oversized tubes covering the barrels making it appear as an oversized side by side.  He is normally here in mid to east Texas, but I haven't seen him lately.   

I think he & Koda Joe are long lost brothers .......././.

EOT costumes

Nunzilla

Peeking Tom

Chucky (Toy Story)

Dallas Cowboy

Deere John

Uncle Sam

And others I can't remember

Used to have a 10 guage that had scales on the butt stock, eyes on the receiver, flared snout at the end of barrels, all painted dragon green.

I had the good fortune to meet him at my very first shoot. I was able to shoot with him 3 or 4 times a month then. He is semi retired from shooting. He has shot the regional at Bar 3 the past 6 or 7 years. I miss his wit and his scenarios.

Goody, Dont forget his Woody or his Space Cowboy outfits

I sure do enjoy shootin' with him on the rare occasions he does come out to play,

I do wish He and YOU would both Un- semi retire !!!!!!

If anyone out there ever does get an opportunity to shoot with Gunzilla,

be sure to ask him about the red slipper he wears around his neck :D:D:D

40 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Goody, Dont forget his Woody or his Space Cowboy outfits

I sure do enjoy shootin' with him on the rare occasions he does come out to play,

I do wish He and YOU would both Un- semi retire !!!!!!

If anyone out there ever does get an opportunity to shoot with Gunzilla,

be sure to ask him about the red slipper he wears around his neck :D:D:D

I know the secret of the ladies slipper!!

He shot at the Bar 3 as "Jack in the Box"

I've seen him in his Peeking Duck costume.

I love to be around him.  fun for the sake of fun!

Howdy,

More pix pleeeeeze more pix.

Gunzilla sets a gnu standard.

I wonder if he has a McLaren Honda hat???????

Best

CR

Several years back, I sas shooting with him at either Landrun or CAC when I noticed he had closed his "hair" in the breech of that quad barrel shotgun at the end of the stage. Before he brought the shotgun down from his shoulder after finishing, I told him his "hair" was caught in the breech. He said, "Oh, and brought the shotgun down, with the wig/hair and his hat that were all attached. Never knew he had a wig attached to the inside of his hat. He is a definite "hoot" to shoot with.

19 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

I seem to remember him painting a pair of rugers red, white and blue with automotive paint at one shoot!

They were actually powder coated. They went with his Uncle Sam outfit. When he went as Deere John, he was dressed head to toe in green and yellow. Had the pistols powder coated green and yellow as well.

I think he should be a guest to CAC this year......he could be on stage with THE KC Group, bet he could duplicate their costumes easily.

I have also known him since my first year in SASS (circa Buck Creek) and correct me if wrong, but didn't Judge RB marry he and his lovely wife.(can not remember her alias) at one of the bigger shots at Buck Creek, a regional or state match perhaps somewhere around 2000?.

They were married, but I don't think the Judge was actually binding. More for show that day. Melissa is her real name, I think, but don't remember the alias either. Prairie Flower?

2 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

They were married, but I don't think the Judge was actually binding. More for show that day. Melissa is her real name, I think, but don't remember the alias either. Prairie Flower?

Little Dove, I think. Or something Dove.

I'm thinking Whispering Dove ???? 

But whatever, She is a Real Sweetheart and I'd enjoy shooting with her again.

10 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

I'm thinking Whispering Dove ???? 

But whatever, She is a Real Sweetheart and I'd enjoy shooting with her again.

Believe you are right Sam.

terrible thing when WE start forgetting pretty ladies name.

9 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Believe you are right Sam.

terrible thing when WE start forgetting pretty ladies name.

Yes, that's it! She's so loud and boisterous, I'm surprised I couldn't remember her alias. She really brought Clark out of his shell.......:rolleyes:

Billy, Are you saying that You are getting Old.... Cuz i know I'm not :rolleyes:

Goody, Yep she wuz pretty ornery wer'nt she..... 

I remember how she use to raise a fuss over how skinny & underfed both of Us were :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, that's it! She's so loud and boisterous, I'm surprised I couldn't remember her alias. She really brought Clark out of his shell.......:rolleyes:

Yea, right, so loud. Guess I missed the years of Clark "in a shell". His stage writing lines were often  as humorous as his costume.  "Gather your mustangs....Sally"

3 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Talkin' to Deaf Laws (and he is wearing his "lucky charm" around his neck).

gunzilla6.JPG

I'd forgot about the lucky charm (red high heel shoe.)

And, the one and only Deaf Laws.

"Here's to the Irish, and European"

And there was one line about The General..... Motors.

Archived