SASS Wire Forum

Voted this morning

Voted this morning and will watch the returns with hope in my heart tonight. Unfortunately, if history is any guide, my hope will turn into frustration rather quickly. Do you know what will happen if the Republicans take control of both the house and the senate? Nothing! Obama will not be impeached, (they are afraid of losing both of their black voters). Obamacare will not be overturned, (too expensive), and the debt limit will continue to rise,( gotta fund those social welfare programs or the media will crucify us). Then, despite their efforts to befriend the media, for the next two years they will be crucified in the media so their political agenda can advance. Hillary will be portrayed as our only hope for salvation and they will nominate Jeb Bush to run against her.. Hillary will win, the Democrats will take the Senate back and we will start this nightmare all over again.

With LESS THAN 2 minutes left in the ballgame Saturday evening, Tennessee trailed South Carolina by 14 points.....on SC home turf.

Tennessee scores the next 17 unanswered points to win the game.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

soooo, I figured if TN can win a road game over a good team, maybe our election results will also be a winning for us.

Ya just gotta have faith!

..........Widder

Voted this morning and will watch the returns with hope in my heart tonight. Unfortunately, if history is any guide, my hope will turn into frustration rather quickly. Do you know what will happen if the Republicans take control of both the house and the senate? Nothing! Obama will not be impeached, (they are afraid of losing both of their black voters). Obamacare will not be overturned, (too expensive), and the debt limit will continue to rise,( gotta fund those social welfare programs or the media will crucify us). Then, despite their efforts to befriend the media, for the next two years they will be crucified in the media so their political agenda can advance. Hillary will be portrayed as our only hope for salvation and they will nominate Jeb Bush to run against her.. Hillary will win, the Democrats will take the Senate back and we will start this nightmare all over again.

I Voted this morning also .

If you think we are &%#^ed now !

I could not even imagine a Democrat controlled House and senate and OBOMA in office . :angry:

I VOTED REPUBLICAN PARTY ALL THE WAY

And I am PROUD TO SAY I DID :)

Yeah, well, You'll notice I did vote this morning. Hope springs eternal. There were two Libertarians on the ballot that I voted for, all the rest I voted for Republicans. The several county races that had only one uncontested Democrat running I didn't vote for anyone just left the space blank.

I'm leaving to vote as soon as I finish a late lunch. I won't be voting strictly Republican. A friend of mine who is a retired deputy sheriff is running at the state level. He is staunch Second Amendment advocate and hunter. He is also a Democrat, but knowing him, I know that he will work hard on our behalf, and work conscientiously toward making the right or best decisions.

I voted, first thing this morning. I was #31 from my district! I got beat out by several local farmers.

I have been surprised at all the Republican support in this stonch Democratic county. Maybe some of those absent voters have crawled out from under their rugs and found the gumption to vote!

And, like the Rooster, I went Republican across the board! :angry:

Yup, me too. At 0800 the place was hopping!

I voted "correctly," for all the good it'll do ~ zilch on the state and fed stuff. Hopeful but less than optimistic for some local issues and candidates.

Just got back from casting my votes. It was a breeze. Wish more would step up and do their civic duty. Many residents of this planet don't have that right.

I don't watch the returns because at this point, I've done all I can. Tomorrow morning is soon enough for me.

Right now I'm just looking forward to 7:00 p.m. CST when all the political ads stop.

:FlagAm:

I voted about a month ago. I do have to say one thing though. I have no problem with the Libertarian platform, I am reminded of the way that Clinton got in......people voting for Perot. Until the Libertarian candidates can pose a real threat to the "established" order, I cannot vote for them.

As far as Jeb Bush goes.......I'd vote for him even if he was running against Reagan. Unfortunate that the Bush name has been tarnished, real and imagined.

I voted about a month ago. I do have to say one thing though. I have no problem with the Libertarian platform, I am reminded of the way that Clinton got in......people voting for Perot. Until the Libertarian candidates can pose a real threat to the "established" order, I cannot vote for them.

As far as Jeb Bush goes.......I'd vote for him even if he was running against Reagan. Unfortunate that the Bush name has been tarnished, real and imagined.

I'm just not a believer in Dynasties. Besides, the previous two were nice guys but not terribly effective. Not that Jeb is a bad choice but I sure wish they would pick someone that could generate some excitement. I fear Jeb would run a campaign like Dole, McCain, or Romney. Clean factual and a total failure.

We think along the same lines so closely it scares me.

I'm just not a believer in Dynasties. Besides, the previous two were nice guys but not terribly effective. Not that Jeb is a bad choice but I sure wish they would pick someone that could generate some excitement. I fear Jeb would run a campaign like Dole, McCain, or Romney. Clean factual and a total failure.

Jeb was a very good Governor.

He is married to a Hispanic girl so he could easily court that vote.

I could see a Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio ticket mowing down anything the Dems had.

Might be too regional though.

Surprised Ms Mo is letting us talk politics.

Waimea

I voted for the Bushes in every elections they Have run in.

And I would do it over again.

I think in time Jr Bush will have a legacy of a Damnd good President.

What is the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

I'm insane.

I voted for the Bushes in every elections they Have run in.

And I would do it over again.

I think in time Jr Bush will have a legacy of a Damnd good President.

He will. He was alright and a man with integrity and class.

GG

We think along the same lines so closely it scares me.

Jeb was a very good Governor.

He is married to a Hispanic girl so he could easily court that vote.

I could see a Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio ticket mowing down anything the Dems had.

Might be too regional though.

Surprised Ms Mo is letting us talk politics.

Waimea

Oops I violated my own guideline there for a second. No polytics for me here. ;)

Eh... It's one day outta the year.

GG

"That don't make it right, Boss"

Cool Hand Luke

:D

'Don't make it wrong, Hoss"

Gunner Gatlin

GG

That's Not in the movie! :D

+1…I agree Losertarians will not make a difference, they'll only help the Dems!! Our only chance is voting all R!!!

voted this afternoon when the wife got home from work. Was sad to hear that after the polls being open for 9 hours my wife and I were voters 100 and 101. Pretty sad state of affairs when that few people bother.

The statewide offices - Gov, Lt. Gov, and the like - all were mid-50% to mid-40% with Dems retaining them all. Most of the State Senate and Assembly races were more of the 60% to 40%, with incumbents taking most of them.

On the national level, I would say that overall the people are frustrated with the games, blame, and lack of accountability.

Archived